R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,714 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Amanda Hunt said:

Has any over 120 days DQ had the email acknowledging that? I got the 60 day but nothing for 120 🤔 

Sending everyone love and positivity. The stress and anxiety is real! Hopefully interviews will happen soon! 🙏 xx

Hi Amanda, 

I was DQ'd for over 245 days and didn't receive an email the entire time. I was located at a different embassy for 7 of those months, but I suppose that wouldn't matter as the case was at NVC.

(CR1 class)

Edited by EmliS

Hello everyone, 

I wanted to say that I have also not received any email regarding an apology based on delay. We are now over 120 days. 

Also, I have previously mentioned that my husband and I were granted an expedite due to our circumstances. We received this email 18 days ago now. We were told to contact after 2 weeks of no movement, which we did. Upon contacting the NVC, they "promised" (quite literally the words used by 2/3 operators) that our case was with London Embassy. Upon contacting the Embassy, we were informed that it had not yet left the NVC

Yesterday, my husband contacted the NVC for the final time. He was transferred to a supervisor who told us that our case had not in fact left the NVC. It turns out we were lied to by numerous operators. This supervisor claimed that we were in "extra administrative processing". After speaking with an immigration lawyer, it seems that our case HAS NOT been flagged as having any reasons to be under processing and this is just simply a "Safe zone" for them while they cover themselves for the backlog. I just wanted to mention that the backlog that we are experiencing seems to be coming from the NVC, not a hold up at the Embassy. 

It is extremely inspiring to witness people across the globe, adapting to our new current climate that we are finding ourselves in. I wish that the NVC would follow suit. 

58 minutes ago, SB0402 said:

Hello everyone, 

I wanted to say that I have also not received any email regarding an apology based on delay. We are now over 120 days. 

Also, I have previously mentioned that my husband and I were granted an expedite due to our circumstances. We received this email 18 days ago now. We were told to contact after 2 weeks of no movement, which we did. Upon contacting the NVC, they "promised" (quite literally the words used by 2/3 operators) that our case was with London Embassy. Upon contacting the Embassy, we were informed that it had not yet left the NVC

Yesterday, my husband contacted the NVC for the final time. He was transferred to a supervisor who told us that our case had not in fact left the NVC. It turns out we were lied to by numerous operators. This supervisor claimed that we were in "extra administrative processing". After speaking with an immigration lawyer, it seems that our case HAS NOT been flagged as having any reasons to be under processing and this is just simply a "Safe zone" for them while they cover themselves for the backlog. I just wanted to mention that the backlog that we are experiencing seems to be coming from the NVC, not a hold up at the Embassy. 

It is extremely inspiring to witness people across the globe, adapting to our new current climate that we are finding ourselves in. I wish that the NVC would follow suit. 

We’re in this “necessary processing” stage too. SO frustrating. Solidarity! 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How far back are they with backlogs? I think I posted a few pages back, but I'm waiting on the Bogota, Colombia embassy, but am considering switching it to London. My residency/visa is also expired here, so I'm not even sure Bogota will consider me when it comes round to it. I am a UK citizen.

Bogota is only just getting round to the October/November 2020 DQs. Is London any worse than that? I got my DQ in May about a month ago.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Off topic posts removed. PLease start your own thread for anything any topic that is not a case update for interview.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

15 hours ago, juninho10 said:

How far back are they with backlogs? I think I posted a few pages back, but I'm waiting on the Bogota, Colombia embassy, but am considering switching it to London. My residency/visa is also expired here, so I'm not even sure Bogota will consider me when it comes round to it. I am a UK citizen.

Bogota is only just getting round to the October/November 2020 DQs. Is London any worse than that? I got my DQ in May about a month ago.

January/February 2021 I think would be the next dates to go through if/when they do them.

That is making assumptions off how they were running them previously, so would take that guess with a pinch of salt in the current climate!!

21 hours ago, Anonymous101 said:

we DQ'ed Feburary 10th and haven't received a single apology email regarding delays

The State Department does say that it takes around 3 months to receive an interview under normal conditions from being DQd. As with my case, I was given an interview date this month for next month, so some of us are hearing from the embassy and dates are being given by London - in fact as a VJer predicted, the 3rd week of the month.

I know it's really frustrating to be forever waiting, and I'm really sorry to hear about those who are suffering being apart from their partners, it's not fair. Sending my best wishes!

8 minutes ago, EmliS said:

The State Department does say that it takes around 3 months to receive an interview under normal conditions from being DQd. As with my case, I was given an interview date this month for next month, so some of us are hearing from the embassy and dates are being given by London - in fact as a VJer predicted, the 3rd week of the month.

I know it's really frustrating to be forever waiting, and I'm really sorry to hear about those who are suffering being apart from their partners, it's not fair. Sending my best wishes!

May I ask when you were DQ’d? Also, could I ask which date you received your date? And were you expedited? SORRY for all of the questions lol. 

Thank you for giving us some hope. I’m really glad you’re nearing the end of this process. Hope to be in your shoes soon enough.

Just now, SB0402 said:

May I ask when you were DQ’d? Also, could I ask which date you received your date? And were you expedited? SORRY for all of the questions lol. 

Thank you for giving us some hope. I’m really glad you’re nearing the end of this process. Hope to be in your shoes soon enough.

Of course! 

So I was DQ'd in Moscow in October 2020, then transferred to London in May 2021 sue to finishing a work contract, then June 2021 received an interview date. I wasn't expedited either!

Ask away, I don't mind!

3 minutes ago, EmliS said:

Of course! 

So I was DQ'd in Moscow in October 2020, then transferred to London in May 2021 sue to finishing a work contract, then June 2021 received an interview date. I wasn't expedited either!

Ask away, I don't mind!

I would guess with your October date, they have given some preference to clear it off the system.  Maybe they will be getting into the bulk of others next month then. Fingers crossed at least

17 minutes ago, Rol_P said:

I would guess with your October date, they have given some preference to clear it off the system.  Maybe they will be getting into the bulk of others next month then. Fingers crossed at least

I am absolutely PRAYING that they fit all the backlog into the next two months. We DQd April 8th and my husband is getting separated from our baby next week :(

7 minutes ago, Aimeehtx said:

I am absolutely PRAYING that they fit all the backlog into the next two months. We DQd April 8th and my husband is getting separated from our baby next week :(

Really sorry to hear about your situation.I watched a youtube live yestrday of some immigration lawyers & they were asked about the London embassy. They said it is their understanding that the London embassy is working at 50 percent capacity and only doing 2/3rds of the work load that they had in April 2019. At that rate- there will always be a back log. Maybe you guys can plan visits with your husband? It's not fair but just wanted to share what I heard so you're as well prepared as can be

Edited by Anonymous101

7 minutes ago, Anonymous101 said:

Really sorry to hear about your situation.I watched a youtube live yestrday of some immigration lawyers & they were asked about the London embassy. They said it is their understanding that the London embassy is working at 50 percent capacity and only doing 2/3rds of the work load that they had in April 2019. At that rate- there will always be a back log. Maybe you guys can plan visits with your husband? It's not fair but just wanted to share what I heard so you're as well prepared as can be

When I picked up my re entry permit they said they were back to full capacity :(. We just can’t afford visiting now. He’s going to come over on an esta to get us set up in our new apartment (been in the uk on a re entry permit, I’m a LPR not a citizen) but he only has 90 days on that. 

2 hours ago, Aimeehtx said:

When I picked up my re entry permit they said they were back to full capacity 

That's good news. 

People should start hearing soon then I hope. 

Were all working on the assumption that they release interview dates, in bulk, at a particular time of the month, but perhaps they don't do that any more. There's so few of us on this forum, it's hard to predict a pattern. It doesn't help that London doesn't publish estimated time frames like USCIS and NVC do.

You'd think with such a huge backlog there would be more fuss on Twitter/social media with posts from people waiting from January and February, but there's nothing much. (Are there hundreds of people waiting or thousands?)

So perhaps they ARE seeing people, and the few posters on here have just got caught up in the backlog.

It's hard to know for sure.

Edited by Felix2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.