R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,698 posts in this topic

When SEWI confirmed their file had transferred I was worried I had missed the boat. Sounds like no one else has had those fabled emailed drop yet though - so hopefully we all hear later tonight or tomorrow. If they tease us over the weekend and drag it out until Monday I won’t be thrilled 😆 

2 minutes ago, R1CH1991 said:

When SEWI confirmed their file had transferred I was worried I had missed the boat. Sounds like no one else has had those fabled emailed drop yet though - so hopefully we all hear later tonight or tomorrow. If they tease us over the weekend and drag it out until Monday I won’t be thrilled 😆 

They'll probably make us wait 😀 I'm already unimpressed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
32 minutes ago, R1CH1991 said:

SEWI is in the wrong thread. He is not getting an interview assigned from NVC. Confusing to the rest of you. 

5 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

SEWI is in the wrong thread. 

I am?

He is not getting an interview assigned from NVC.

I'm not?

Confusing to the rest of you. 

Confusing to myself also, it would seem? 👀

Edited by SEWI

Timeline
13 minutes ago, SEWI said:

I am?

I'm not?

Confusing to myself also, it would seem? 👀

You expedited, right? Your file leaves NVC with no interview. You’re on your own to secure one when London acknowledges file is there

3 hours ago, RadChan said:

Ooooh, you might just make it, in that case! I know that pain of waiting. Yes, my theory is that even denied expedites might get a tiny boost if you win someone's sympathies (even if you don't meet official requirements). I think I mentioned before, that my interview was a couple of weeks "early" (going by the 5 months average) and someone else who commented on here  also got a slightly early one, even though both our expedites were denied. Let us know tomorrow if you hear, I want to test my (highly scientific 😜) theory further! 😂😂

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I think you might be onto something! Or maybe I just hope you are lol! Thanks for the support either way, we are very anxious to hear something.

Hi everyone I am waiting for IR2 visa appointment for my son . We were DQ on 17th August 2020. Having gone through the process myself at the beginning of the year for my IR1, I understand that normally the embassy send you an email with your interview date . I know IR1 do not get book their interview themselves so I would expect the same for IR2 . But from what I am reading is there IR1 visa that are booking their own interview dates? And also being an August DQ does that mean I will end up in the December or January batch just asking if anyone might know.? Thank you everyone 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Caresse33 said:

. But from what I am reading is there IR1 visa that are booking their own interview dates? 

The NVC will assign your interview date (not the embassy) before sending the file across the pond to London. Only those who got approved by NVC for an expedite leave NVC before their date is assigned. They check a calendar for open dates and choose one. The openings are few and far between lately. 

2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

The NVC will assign your interview date (not the embassy) before sending the file across the pond to London. Only those who got approved by NVC for an expedite leave NVC before their date is assigned. They check a calendar for open dates and choose one. The openings are few and far between lately. 

I have been DQ and received the email from NVC saying they have sent my file to London embassy to schedule an interview date. 

11 minutes ago, RadChan said:

To be fair, the US has been pretty, um..."busy" this week, so I couldn't blame the embassy staff for being distracted by the other goings on. Will keep my fingers crossed for Monday!

Lol I suppose I get that all things considered. Here's hoping you're right. I can live with waiting another month if it comes down to it but doing both Christmas And New year without the better half will hurt. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.