kivasbeauty

Immigrant Visa for spouse

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Dejavudeji31 said:

You can’t even file anything for him right now that there is still ban on Nigeria,you just have to take it slow, probably get married in Nigeria when you come around,then when they lift the ban,you can then file for him

Thia is absolutely wrong. The ban has nothing to do with filing a petition. She is free to file once they are married. The Ban has to do with issuing Visas. And I know a few who had the ban waived. The Ban doesn't mean no one gets a Visa in Nigeria.

As far as what you say it will be lifted ASAP. That's not happening until Nigeria comply and changes their fraudulent behavior and allowing nonsense.

@kivasbeauty you can go visit get more evidence and when you get back file for him. Makes absolutely no sense to wait around and be further behind waiting. It will be well over a year before you approved petition gets an interview anyway.

But first you need to go and get married.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
4 hours ago, kivasbeauty said:

Thanks for the clarification. That's the point that for me really confused. To file or not to file. Can he apply for visiting visa now? What are the chances of tourist visa been approved? I apologise for the multiple questions. I just need to make the right steps. 

They are open for visitor visa. He can always apply the likelihood of approval is about 0% unless he has an strong travel history to other countries that gave him visa and he returned on time.

What are his strong ties to Nigeria? Having a fiance' in US shows he has immigration intent so hard to get approved.

And file when you get married.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

Thia is absolutely wrong. The ban has nothing to do with filing a petition. She is free to file once they are married. The Ban has to do with issuing Visas. And I know a few who had the ban waived. The Ban doesn't mean no one gets a Visa in Nigeria.

As far as what you say it will be lifted ASAP. That's not happening until Nigeria comply and changes their fraudulent behavior and allowing nonsense.

@kivasbeauty you can go visit get more evidence and when you get back file for him. Makes absolutely no sense to wait around and be further behind waiting. It will be well over a year before you approved petition gets an interview anyway.

But first you need to go and get married.

Thank you so much for the advice. I should have asked this question long time ago. I will book my flight as soon as possible and get in the process. 

Do you have any idea about the tourist visa and if he has chances of visiting and being approved

Timeline
50 minutes ago, JFH said:

I don’t think you need to worry too much about the fact that Nigeria is considered a “high fraud” country. From your previous posts, you are Nigerian and came to the US last year as a sibling (F4) and your fiancé is someone from your hometown that you have known since before you immigrated. The “high fraud” comes into play when we see young, Nigerian men marrying older (and I mean 20+ years older) white American women who are beyond childbearing age and often have a string of divorces and a collection of children in their wake, and marrying them on the first visit after a few months of flirting online where even Ray Charles can see that they have nothing in common. 

Your story is completely different. Once you have the official, legal marriage certificate, file the I-130 and the relevant supporting documents and get the ball rolling. 

You are absolutely right. We have known eachother forever. We have loads of pictures to proof different ages of our lives. I feel so encouraged right now. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

They are open for visitor visa. He can always apply the likelihood of approval is about 0% unless he has an strong travel history to other countries that gave him visa and he returned on time.

What are his strong ties to Nigeria? Having a fiance' in US shows he has immigration intent so hard to get approved.

And file when you get married.

Thank you. I will do the visiting and apply for him after marriage

You can not file for him until you are married.  There is no fiance visa for LPRs.  

Get Married

Gather Bonafides

File Petition

Once USCIS processes the petition it will be sent to the NVC.

When there is a visa number available, complete the NVC process and it will be sent to the consulate.

Interview.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
11 hours ago, kivasbeauty said:

I am a green card holder so it makes process even longer. I got the information really wrong. I should have gone ahead and married and probably filed for him. I felt the ban meant a shut down in everything. I guess I should just visit for now. 6month visit wouldn't work for me with a green card. Besides I have been here for barely a year. It's so tough emotionally. 

As a greencard holder you can't petition a fiance. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

6 hours ago, kivasbeauty said:

Thank you so much for the advice. I should have asked this question long time ago. I will book my flight as soon as possible and get in the process. 

Do you have any idea about the tourist visa and if he has chances of visiting and being approved

Young men from countries like Nigeria (especially ones with US-based fiances) do not have great odds at getting B visas.  It all boils down to his ties to Nigeria.  He must be completely transparent about you.

It is a $160 gamble to try.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, designguy said:

The more visits you make the stronger your petition will be. Lagos is a high fraud embassy with a high denial rate

This is good advice. 

Timeline

If they grew up together then the typical more visits isn't a big thing they have decades of knowing each other.  You could file for a reentry permit , which will protect your green card for some time ( but will delay you becoming a citizen maybe )   and the you can go back to Nigeria and marry , file and spend most to the wait there as long as you have a joint sponsor lined up.   Just hold off on the babies until he is here, don't need another person to add to household yet. 

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

14 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

This is incorrect, you can file regardless of ban. Ban comes into effect at stage of getting interview/visa.

Yes, but it looks like they're not married yet and OP is not a US citizen, so no filing is possible before a marriage happens. 

Edited by Orangesapples

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/6/2020 at 6:45 AM, kivasbeauty said:

Hi everyone, I really need help here. Visa journey guided me all through my journey getting to the united states and I am here again for guidance. My fiances is in nigeria and I want to get married to him and bring him here. With the recent immigration ban etc , it is really frustrating my efforts. I don't know what else to do and it's really affecting our relationship. Can anyone advice me please. Is Nigerian embassy open? I was considering visiting nigeria every now and then and maybe he does the same till the ban is lifted. PLEASE HELP

This ban doesn't hold again since February. There is a waiver. Many people have been granted visas. Even last week, some were granted immigrant visas. You need to join the forum for Nigeria to get updated information. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, vctrokoye said:

This ban doesn't hold again since February. There is a waiver. Many people have been granted visas. Even last week, some were granted immigrant visas. You need to join the forum for Nigeria to get updated information. 

26 minutes ago, vctrokoye said:

Thank you so much for the information. Was there a very critical reason the people gave to be granted Visa's? I thought I have joined the Nigerian forum. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.