kivasbeauty

Immigrant Visa for spouse

32 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone, I really need help here. Visa journey guided me all through my journey getting to the united states and I am here again for guidance. My fiances is in nigeria and I want to get married to him and bring him here. With the recent immigration ban etc , it is really frustrating my efforts. I don't know what else to do and it's really affecting our relationship. Can anyone advice me please. Is Nigerian embassy open? I was considering visiting nigeria every now and then and maybe he does the same till the ban is lifted. PLEASE HELP

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This may be helpful.  You also may want to request a moderator/organizer move your post to the Regional forum where country specific questions may receive better responses.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, designguy said:

The more visits you make the stronger your petition will be. Lagos is a high fraud embassy with a high denial rate

Agreed, and more visits can certainly be helpful with the relationship.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Don’t be discouraged, the ban on Nigeria is temporal, they’ll lift it ASAP, just visit him for now,they will help your petition,my wife is a US citizen and she filed for me since November last year,we still waiting for the embassy to open before they’ll fix my interview date, she visited 3 times and spent more than 6months with me in Nigeria,I hope that’ll help regardless thé visa ban on Nigeria 

Edited by Dejavudeji31

Timeline
1 hour ago, designguy said:

The more visits you make the stronger your petition will be. Lagos is a high fraud embassy with a high denial rate

Thank you so much. I guess I have to do the visiting for now. I was hoping he could also visit by going through abj embassy if that works

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Dejavudeji31 said:

Don’t be discouraged, the ban on Nigeria is temporal, they’ll lift it ASAP, just visit him for now,they will help your petition,my wife is a US citizen and she filed for me since November last year,we still waiting for the embassy to open before they’ll fix my interview date, she visited 3 times and spent more than 6months with me in Nigeria,I hope that’ll help regardless thé visa ban on Nigeria 

I am a green card holder so it makes process even longer. I got the information really wrong. I should have gone ahead and married and probably filed for him. I felt the ban meant a shut down in everything. I guess I should just visit for now. 6month visit wouldn't work for me with a green card. Besides I have been here for barely a year. It's so tough emotionally. 

Timeline

You can’t even file anything for him right now that there is still ban on Nigeria,you just have to take it slow, probably get married in Nigeria when you come around,then when they lift the ban,you can then file for him

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Dejavudeji31 said:

You can’t even file anything for him right now that there is still ban on Nigeria,you just have to take it slow, probably get married in Nigeria when you come around,then when they lift the ban,you can then file for him

Thanks for the clarification. That's the point that for me really confused. To file or not to file. Can he apply for visiting visa now? What are the chances of tourist visa been approved? I apologise for the multiple questions. I just need to make the right steps. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 minutes ago, kivasbeauty said:

Thanks for the clarification. That's the point that for me really confused. To file or not to file. Can he apply for visiting visa now? What are the chances of tourist visa been approved? I apologise for the multiple questions. I just need to make the right steps. 

The ban is on Nigeria itself as the EO of January 2020 announced 

you need to read the EO to see what the White House wants Nigeria to do to change the issues with that country and no he would not be able to get a tourist visa 

and,  will things change with the election/ at  this time there are organizations within Nigeria working with the US trying to change this

meanwhile,  visit him, marry there if you are comfortable with possibility things will change in the furture

and the best to you both for happiness

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-improving-enhanced-vetting-capabilities-processes-detecting-attempted-entry/

(i)  Nigeria does not comply with the established identity-management and information-sharing criteria assessed by the performance metrics.  Nigeria does not adequately share public-safety and terrorism-related information, which is necessary for the protection of the national security and public safety of the United States.  Nigeria also presents a high risk, relative to other countries in the world, of terrorist travel to the United States.  Nigeria is an important strategic partner in the global fight against terrorism, and the United States continues to engage with Nigeria on these and other issues.  The Department of State has provided significant assistance to Nigeria as it modernizes its border management capabilities, and the Government of Nigeria recognizes the importance of improving its information sharing with the United States.  Nevertheless, these investments have not yet resulted in sufficient improvements in Nigeria’s information sharing with the United States for border and immigration screening and vetting.

(ii)  The entry into the United States of nationals of Nigeria as immigrants, except as Special Immigrants whose eligibility is based on having provided assistance to the United States Government, is hereby suspended.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
16 minutes ago, kivasbeauty said:

you can apply/  the paperwork will go thru the process at 1st stage USCIS stage but will be held up at NVC stage

53 minutes ago, Dejavudeji31 said:

This is incorrect, you can file regardless of ban. Ban comes into effect at stage of getting interview/visa.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, kivasbeauty said:

Thanks for the clarification. That's the point that for me really confused. To file or not to file. Can he apply for visiting visa now? What are the chances of tourist visa been approved? I apologise for the multiple questions. I just need to make the right steps. They can’t grant him a visit,I’ve never been to the US before,my wife came to Nigeria 3 times and spent times together,I haven’t even try to apply for tourist visa base on the fact that they’ll think I’ll  not come back to Nigeria because am having pending immigrant petition

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

you can apply/  the paperwork will go thru the process at 1st stage USCIS stage but will be held up at NVC stage

Thanks

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

This is incorrect, you can file regardless of ban. Ban comes into effect at stage of getting interview/visa.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, kivasbeauty said:

Thank you so much. I guess I have to do the visiting for now. I was hoping he could also visit by going through abj embassy if that works

Very unlikely he would get a B visa if he doesn't already have one.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.