Crtcl Rice Theory

Six key findings from the New York Times’ Trump taxes bombshell

49 posts in this topic

Yeah, I was skimming this when we were out today in Hollywood/West Hollywood. I think ultimately this will change nothing in terms of his support. 

21 minutes ago, Chris & Pam said:

Why is this on here?  

This is the Current Events & Hot Social Topics sub-forum, where we regularly talk about politics and general news. Sometimes it touches on immigration but not al the time. :) 

Odd the IRS has full access to this and has not prosecuted Trump..

Filed: Timeline
24 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Odd the IRS has full access to this and has not prosecuted Trump..

Even more odd that while judges and lawyers have failed to be able to get his returns released to the public for years, the NYT suddenly has over a decade worth of returns, just a month and a half prior to the election.

I wonder what his mountain of CPAs has to say about this?

Edited by Voice of Reason

1 hour ago, laylalex said:

Yeah, I was skimming this when we were out today in Hollywood/West Hollywood. I think ultimately this will change nothing in terms of his support. 

Why should it? Why should anyone trust this information? What does it tell those of us who support Trump that should alter our support (and why would it change toward X/Y candidate)? Didn't Trump say he couldn't/wouldn't release them because he was under audit (meaning he's telling the truth all along)? Even if this release is true (which we don't even know) where is the corroboration for emergent claims about Russia, Cohen, etc. as to why it couldn't wait? 

16 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Even more odd that while judges and lawyers have failed to be able to get his returns released to the public for years, the NYT suddenly has over a decade worth of returns, just a month and a half prior to the election.

I wonder what his mountain of CPAs has to say about this?

NYT and Info Wars are both on the same credibility scale

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

NYT and Info Wars are both on the same credibility scale

Well, this is absolutely the LAST STRAW for me!  I was going to vote for change, for getting rid of covid, for a better America via Biden.  But no more!!  Anyone who can make millions per year and only pay $750 in taxes... that's my new choice!!

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Well, this is absolutely the LAST STRAW for me!  I was going to vote for change, for getting rid of covid, for a better America via Biden.  But no more!!  Anyone who can make millions per year and only pay $750 in taxes... that's my new choice!!

Well if that claim is true, then he did it legally or he would be in trouble

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Doesn't make much of a case for reducing taxes on the wealthy.

.my favorite was .

He has expensive audits. Who would have ever dreamed a billionaire could have expensive audits. Bombshell.  Thats hillaryous

23 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

His businesses have lost billions. He is as entitled to claim those losses as anyone else. If the IRS finds that some of the other errata (ie. consulting fees paid to his daughter) was illegal, then it will end up in court at some point in the future, but not while he is president.

Whether you love him or hate him (or somewhere in between), at this point, I don't think any specific findings would change anyone's opinion of him. People will rationalize it one way or the other.

What I find funny is that people are mad about this, all the while not thinking that other people in media or politics aren't doing the same thing.