Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cath&Claire said:

Just saw on a Facebook group 2 K1’s received their interview letters for November 4th and 16th yesterday.  Maybe they’re just far behind? 🤞🏻 🤞🏻 

Where did you see this ? I haven’t seen anything new for K1 either 

Timeline
1 hour ago, rafale1973 said:

Where did you see this ? I haven’t seen anything new for K1 either 

Screen  shot sent of the group title.  
Someone in the group also keeps a spread sheet that captures VJ data as well. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1yXsBaODEcERCnBkkVhTklmw1LrFVkY9dE6z2Q5D2kCc/htmlview

EB2EF0D7-74FB-4CCB-85C7-5E85346F7021.jpeg

Timeline

For those that interviewed post shutdown, what did your accepted police certificate say?

I have the one that says "Other" and am trying to decide if this is just a fluke or if I need to get myself down to commissionaires for a fourth time:

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
1 hour ago, DGF said:

For those that interviewed post shutdown, what did your accepted police certificate say?

I have the one that says "Other" and am trying to decide if this is just a fluke or if I need to get myself down to commissionaires for a fourth time:

Mine says 'other' too. Did you figure it out? I am literally heading down to the RCMP this friday to get my police certificate renewed because I am planning to go to Seattle this weekend and  planning to stay there till end if the year.  My police certificate expires Jan and don't want this to cause issues when I come back as my interview might be feb/march based on the spreadsheet, hopefully....Would be so great if you could share this info. I am also adding 'specifically include the RCMP National Repository holdings' this time as I am not sure if I mentioned this on the last one.....FYI, you might already know if you are getting a new one done, it is at the Gravely location. Just thought I should let you know since I showed up at the Cambie location last time and was turned away as they don't do fingerprinting at this location anymore.....

Edited by 2Ps

Timeline
7 hours ago, DGF said:

Omg here we go again! This is absurd. I just went down to commissionnaires and got the one that says “other” I haven’t received it yet in the mail though. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, DGF said:

But if you have the same one that is shown in the spreadsheet document you should be fine right ? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, MWhite said:

Omg here we go again! This is absurd. I just went down to commissionnaires and got the one that says “other” I haven’t received it yet in the mail though. 

Mine says “other” too.... 😕

Timeline
9 hours ago, 2Ps said:

Mine says 'other' too. Did you figure it out? I am literally heading down to the RCMP this friday to get my police certificate renewed because I am planning to go to Seattle this weekend and  planning to stay there till end if the year.  My police certificate expires Jan and don't want this to cause issues when I come back as my interview might be feb/march based on the spreadsheet, hopefully....Would be so great if you could share this info. I am also adding 'specifically include the RCMP National Repository holdings' this time as I am not sure if I mentioned this on the last one.....FYI, you might already know if you are getting a new one done, it is at the Gravely location. Just thought I should let you know since I showed up at the Cambie location last time and was turned away as they don't do fingerprinting at this location anymore.....

Nope, there are no more interviews scheduled before Monday so I'm not going to know until I go in for mine 😕 I went to the Commissionaires on Howe a couple weeks ago and they are doing fingerprints. I was in Seattle when they first changed the police certificate requirements and when I called Commissionaires they still had my fingerprints on file and were able to get a new police certificate sent to me free of charge so I'll always recommend them.

3 hours ago, MWhite said:

2 hours ago, rafale1973 said:

But if you have the same one that is shown in the spreadsheet document you should be fine right ? 

22 minutes ago, S&A47 said:

Mine says “other” too.... 😕

18 minutes ago, acmanu said:

Me too it says Privacy Act Request Type - Other (Provide Details)

What else its supposed to say? 

Sorry, I didn't mean to cause a panic! As far as we know the correct one is still the one that says Other (Provide Details). So far there is only one person who was told it was wrong and they are a K1 so I'm not worrying about it too much because this might have just been a one off. If things have changed we'll know more on Monday as three of us have our interviews then and that'll leave plenty of time for everyone else to get a new one. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, ReadIcculus said:

Update- husband entered the US to activate his visa on October 16 at the Ambassador Bridge. There was zero hassle involved- they directed him to secondary, took his passport, had him stay in the car. They asked him to pop the trunk and asked what he had. Made some small talk about the crate of vinyl records in there, and his golf clubs. It took probably 30-45 minutes total, and they said welcome to the States! 

He came and met me at the hotel and we spent the next two days driving down to Atlanta! Yesterday, I checked the mail and his social security card had arrived (which seemed super fast)! Everything going smoothly so far, despite me working from home and my daughter doing 2nd grade homeschool at the same time :)

We had a hurricane come through overnight last night, but he said it was better than the snow they got in London earlier this week (where he is from, lol).

Yay!! Congratulations!

I crossed on the 10th and I still haven’t received my SSN... I’m probably among the 50% or so of applications they lose on a regular basis 🙃

Timeline
30 minutes ago, DGF said:

Nope, there are no more interviews scheduled before Monday so I'm not going to know until I go in for mine 😕 I went to the Commissionaires on Howe a couple weeks ago and they are doing fingerprints. I was in Seattle when they first changed the police certificate requirements and when I called Commissionaires they still had my fingerprints on file and were able to get a new police certificate sent to me free of charge so I'll always recommend them.

Sorry, I didn't mean to cause a panic! As far as we know the correct one is still the one that says Other (Provide Details). So far there is only one person who was told it was wrong and they are a K1 so I'm not worrying about it too much because this might have just been a one off. If things have changed we'll know more on Monday as three of us have our interviews then and that'll leave plenty of time for everyone else to get a new one. 

I got mine directly from rcmp and my privacy act says "for non certified criminal information". It was accepted at nvc after they made the change but when I was being dq the nvc was approving applications where people couldn't get criminal record checks due to covid shut downs. So I am not sure if I even have the right one. The woman at the rcmp office seemed sure that it was the correct check. Might be different going through comissionaires though.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

I got mine directly from rcmp and my privacy act says "for non certified criminal information". It was accepted at nvc after they made the change but when I was being dq the nvc was approving applications where people couldn't get criminal record checks due to covid shut downs. So I am not sure if I even have the right one. The woman at the rcmp office seemed sure that it was the correct check. Might be different going through comissionaires though.

My original one also said that and was accepted by NVC, but people have had issues at the interview with this one. I went to Commissionaires to get the one that said « Other » just in case and was approved at the interview. I’d recommend doing that, better safe than sorry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.