Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rose__ said:

Okay, thank you so much!! 😊

And congrats! Did you pay for the premium delivery? All the best for what comes next ✈️🏡

I did pay the $21 for Purolator to send it to my house. But I'm not sure if that's what made it so fast... Some people say that can be slower or the same, depending on where your closest post office/drop off location is. I chose home delivery cause I'm always home and I just didn't want to have to go to the crowded mall post office to get it.

But in regards to the speed, I do remember at my interview, when the officer lady who was interviewing me was telling me that I needed to be sure to cross before Oct 13th when my police certificate expires, and I said "Don't worry, I already booked my ticket" she did say she would make sure it was sent out RIGHT AWAY. So if anything at all, at the interview be sure to relax and smile and be yourself and HOPEFULLY if it's possible they could possibly help yours move along more quickly?!?! Just be humble and honest and smile sweetly :)  Of course I can't be sure that's what happened, but I feel perhaps like the officer lady was looking out. And pray for smooth, speedy processing. Cause none of these things are actually in our own hands!!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Rose__ said:

Questions for those who have interviewed: would you say that the officers ask you simple questions to confirm some information (where you met, what your spouse does for a living, etc.) or more so questions to test you? English is not my first language and I'm worried I'll get nervous and say something wrong - even if we've known each other a long time and our relationship is of course legit.

It’s more simple questions, I’d say! It shouldn’t be a problem; they’re very understanding and don’t go into too much detail 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Hadarah said:

CAN NOT WAIT TO BE REUNITED WITH HUBBY FOREVER!!!!

Reading this part made me teary-eyed with happiness. Can only imagine the incredible state of euphoria you are in! Congratulations again and all the best in your travels. ❤️

On 9/21/2020 at 1:31 PM, Hawk Riders said:

Yes:

A visa refusal under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) means the applicant did not establish eligibility for a visa to the satisfaction of the consular officer, as is required under U.S. law, specifically section 291 of the INA. When an applicant is refused under 221(g), it means the consular officer determined that the applicant was not eligible for a visa after completing and executing the visa application and any required interview.  It is possible that a consular officer will reconsider a visa application refused under 221(g) at a later date, based on additional information or upon the resolution of administrative processing, and determine that the applicant is eligible.  When a consular officer refuses a case under 221(g), she or he will convey to the applicant whether the applicant is required to provide any further documentation or information, or whether the case requires additional administrative processing.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/administrative-processing-information.html

On 9/21/2020 at 1:20 PM, SeriaRisa11 said:

additional processing is required.

This is the same thing that happened to me. No reason given. I spoke with a lawyer and they said almost certainly I had a similar name to someone with a criminal background and they have to do additional background checks. 
They will never give you any information. You just have to be patient and wait. Really sorry this happened but there’s honestly not a thing you can do.

When they type your name in to issue the visa or enter information, they use a program called CLASS (Consular Lookup and Support System). It’s a sort of last ditch effort to catch any issues with your application. If you get what they call a “name hit” the screen freezes and they are unable to issue you the visa. Usually why this happens is due to similar name matches as per my lawyer. They wi then have to send the info to the FBI or some other agency to get the issue cleared up and make sure you’re not the person in question. This can take a month, or it can take a very long time. 
Mine came back in a month and they’d requested my passport, then they sat on it took long and the pandemic hit, so mow they’ve returned my passport, and I’m renewing it. They said to contact them once that’s done and they will give further update. 
Hang in there. And if you have any questions feel free to private message me. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, sjb17 said:

Reading this part made me teary-eyed with happiness. Can only imagine the incredible state of euphoria you are in! Congratulations again and all the best in your travels. ❤️

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH 🤗🥰😁!!! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, SAsal said:

I’m flying out Monday morning too!!😁 haha. Best wishes for the next step of your life with hubby! 

Amazing!!! Safe travels 😁😁😁 all the very best!!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@legendqueue, PM me if you want a tutorial/guided tour on understanding the spreadsheet

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The interview letter mentions that cellphones are prohibited but I thought that someone said they had lockers there to keep them? Can recent interviewees confirm please? In doubt I just won’t bring mine but it’s a pain. 
Can we bring an umbrella? 🤔

The following items are prohibited inside the U.S. Consulate: 

• Food and beverages 

• Weapons or tools  

• Briefcases, backpacks, luggage, or large purses  

• Electronic or recording equipment of any kind, including, but not limited to: laptop computers, cell phones, PDAs, audio and video players, and pagers  

• Oversized strollers  

• Nail files and nail polish “

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

Congrats to @US-EH & @JenTex; best wishes to our Wednesday party people (who won't party b/c Montreal & Covid): @AAA0523, @Rose__, @realmadrid23, & @ReadIcculus!

Thank you!!! I hope our interviews go smooth and we all have good news to share on Wednesday!! 🙏🏼

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rose__ said:

Thanks @Hawk Riders!!

———

Quebec’s PM and health minister have just announced some new Covid rules for Montreal (and other QC towns) starting Thursday. None will impact the consulate for now :) we can all take a deep breath. 

To sum up, no one will be allowed to be in a home where they don’t live (so no social gatherings and parties); bars and restaurants will close; and a third one that I can’t remember... They’ll start with a 28 days period.

Fingers crossed, don’t need anymore setbacks. Unfortunately the cases here in Toronto are rising..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.