Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, DGF said:

I am trying to be happy for the K1s being rescheduled but it is hard in this very moment. Even though we are both mission critical spouses are supposed to be highest priority while fiances are just high priority. I guess that's what being louder (and threatening to sue) gets you. Really regretting coming back to Canada on Monday, which I only did because I was expecting a November interview and needed extra time to get my THIRD police certificate because Montreal can't get their act together for long enough to not let the backlog reach AN ENTIRE YEAR.

I should probably back off on posting until I'm a more palatable human being...

Same. Over it all. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

On a different note: 

people updating documents in CEAC, have you been replacing the original doc or adding them as additional ones? 

I’ve uploaded the new ones as additional documents!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, realmadrid23 said:

what additional documents we have to upload after the dq and before the interview?

Any expired documents that have been redone, like police certificate, as well as 2019 tax information if that wasn't submitted before DQ, etc.  The consulate sends an email a week before the interview asking for these things.  Rather short notice, so it's good to prepare ahead.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Rose__ said:

I’ve uploaded the new ones as additional documents!

30 minutes ago, llednew.rm said:

I wasn't able to replace original docs, so everything added after DQ was in additional docs.

Thank you both

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
1 hour ago, Akaur said:

we need to keep posting onto their Twitter I think

I tweeted at them asking when they'd start working with the NVC and my account immediately got locked for breaking Twitter's rules. Probably unrelated (although that is my only activity on Twitter in months) but if you value your account don't tweet at them :lol:

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
16 minutes ago, DGF said:

I tweeted at them asking when they'd start working with the NVC and my account immediately got locked for breaking Twitter's rules. Probably unrelated (although that is my only activity on Twitter in months) but if you value your account don't tweet at them :lol:

What’s your name on twitter? I’ll try to see if they answer your tweet eventually. 

Edited by rafale1973

16 minutes ago, DGF said:

I been trying to call nvc since 7am to see if they got any info but automated voice message then hangs up. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Akaur said:

I been trying to call nvc since 7am to see if they got any info but automated voice message then hangs up. 

I don’t think NVC has any power right now. Called them 2 days ago, they said they are waiting for the consulate to finish their “backlog”.

the agent I had on the phone from NVC also mentioned that for them IR1 is their #1 priority visa (except expedite) out of all the different type of visa. But I guess the consulate is not taking their opinion into account. 

I just thought they could schedule IR1 AND  K1 at the same time instead of doing one after the other.... 

5 minutes ago, FrostyDog said:

I don’t think NVC has any power right now. Called them 2 days ago, they said they are waiting for the consulate to finish their “backlog”.

the agent I had on the phone from NVC also mentioned that for them IR1 is their #1 priority visa (except expedite) out of all the different type of visa. But I guess the consulate is not taking their opinion into account. 

I just thought they could schedule IR1 AND  K1 at the same time instead of doing one after the other.... 

they created a bigger “backlog” by doing that

Timeline
9 minutes ago, rafale1973 said:

What’s your name on twitter? I’ll try to see if they answer your tweet eventually. 

I appreciate the offer but it's ok :) I don't expect them to answer and I can unlock it I just need to wait for support to get back to me so I can verify that I'm not a bot (I guess twice in 5 weeks was too many times to tweet at the consulate). Mostly just thought it was funny!

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
8 hours ago, Akaur said:

they created a bigger “backlog” by doing that

A backlog to wait over a year for an interview is absolutely ridiculous to me!!!! It's fine if they want to schedule K1s, but do it simultaneously with the CR1s/IR1s! They seriously don't have their **** together. I knew this process would take awhile, but did not think it would ever be more than 2+ years. I'm going to be approaching my 3 year wedding anniversary in March and, at this rate, I don't even know if we'll be done by then either (DQ in Feb 2020). My future plans have been on pause ever since we set foot in this immigration process. Can't even officially start our lives together until this is all over. To say I'm infuriated is an absolute understatement. 

Edited by Ontarkie
bypassing language filter

7 hours ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

A backlog to wait over a year for an interview is absolutely ridiculous to me!!!! It's fine if they want to schedule K1s, but do it simultaneously with the CR1s/IR1s! They seriously don't have their **** together. I knew this process would take awhile, but did not think it would ever be more than 2+ years. I'm going to be approaching my 3 year wedding anniversary in March and, at this rate, I don't even know if we'll be done by then either (DQ in Feb 2020). My future plans have been on pause ever since we set foot in this immigration process. Can't even officially start our lives together until this is all over. To say I'm infuriated is an absolute understatement. 

I feel you! Kids have to be separated from their parents. They have zero sympathy it shouldn’t have to be one year to get an interview. Having major anxiety 

Edited by Ontarkie
edited quote for bypassing language filter

Timeline
7 hours ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

I feel this so much... I don’t know if this could make you feel better but you are not alone and it’s true, many people like us are just holding their lives on pause until we can eventually settle down. We are all very courageous :) 

Edited by Ontarkie
edited quote for bypassing language filter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.