2,966 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Patientlyawaiting said:

Hello Everyone 

Yesterday I went to my interview at Federal Plaza. I had a very sweet IO. He was so soft spoken and asked basic questions. After he made copies of my passport, EAD, Driver License and Tax Return, he told me that I would received my GC with in two weeks. On my way home I received two emails , one was that my card has been ordered. Second is from my previous I-485. 
In my previous post I had mentioned that my lawyer had filed two I -485 and I was worried if it would be a problem. He didn’t asked anything about the first I-485, the status of that now changed to, “ Case Closed, petitioner received status through other means”. 

IO seems to have all paperwork I ever file with USCIS in one file. 

Timeline

Filed I -360, I-485, I-765 - April 3rd, 2017

Approved  I-360- January 4th 2019

Interview - November 24th 2020.

Current status- Card is being Produced 

It was a long ride but I am happy it is finally over.

Good Luck to everyone waiting.

God Bless

@Stillwinning!!!😊 Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. You were always there to ease my mind when I was so worry about the little things. You always responded to my silly questions with enthusiasm and encouragement. Pray that god always protect and guide you.

“You made it!” Congratulations!!!

Hello Everyone 

Yesterday I went to my interview at Federal Plaza. I had a very sweet IO. He was so soft spoken and asked basic questions. After he made copies of my passport, EAD, Driver License and Tax Return, he told me that I would received my GC with in two weeks. On my way home I received two emails , one was that my card has been ordered. Second is from my previous I-485. 
In my previous post I had mentioned that my lawyer had filed two I -485 and I was worried if it would be a problem. He didn’t asked anything about the first I-485, the status of that now changed to, “ Case Closed, petitioner received status through other means”. 

Timeline

God Bless

@Stillwinning!!!😊 Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. You were always there to ease my mind when I was so worry about the little things. You always responded to my silly questions with enthusiasm and encouragement. Pray that god always protect and guide you.

Congratulations!!! Did they ask you to bring medical report ? 

Hello Everyone 

Timeline

God Bless

So nice to see Interview slowly going at NYC you waited 22 months after I-360 approval for an interview to be schedule this  just gave me more patient to keep waiting.  I am at 11months of waiting after my I-360 approval. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, Precious100 said:

I-360 Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant

Submitted on July 31, 2019 Receipt #..........

• Case status
  • Case history
  • On November 23, 2020, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number ....... and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Guys, I just got an update on my 360...am posting this bcos I just want to encourage someone out there who feels all hope is lost. I was once like that and shout out to @sandranj, @Stillwinning!!!😊, @luminarc, @Godschild @a1d1  @Blunt& many others who had encouraged me in this forum...God is great, He is a strong tower  and  a shield to those who trust him ! My case literally had 2 RFE'S and I was crying out in this forum in search of anyone who has such but no one showed up, so I was loosing hope. But all of  a sudden, miraculously I saw an update. It only took 16 months for my case

Priority dateJuly 2019...i-360 only

RFE...September 2020

Response....February 2020

Prima fascie...May 2020

2nd Rfe...September 2020

Response...1st October 2020

Approval 23rd Nov 2020

I do believe there are quite a lot of us with priority date as back as 2018 or even 2017 who are still not approved, I have a word for you" HOLD ON & DONT GIVE UP". GOD will come through for you. Cos I had 2 RFE's and I lost all hope and was even crying out to Attorney Sandra and my friend Luminarc who introduced me to this forum. Thanks to all the patron and moderators of this great forum @TBoneTX, @Pinkrlion...and to everyone I say Blessings, Protection and goodluck

Congratulations hun💃

On 11/23/2020 at 10:37 PM, Touna said:

FOIA is a very powerful and effective tool , and sadly not used often by applicants,  especially in complicated cases 

this is good to know! Can the abusive spouse also use FOIA to access your VAWA case or other USCIS applications?

Can FOIA be used to find a receipt number?

5 hours ago, Patientlyawaiting said:

Hello Everyone 

Timeline

God Bless

Wow that is indeed a long wait! Soooo happy for you :) Congratulations!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 minutes ago, BlueTiger92 said:

this is good to know! Can the abusive spouse also use FOIA to access your VAWA case or other USCIS applications?

Can FOIA be used to find a receipt number?

The spouse can only receive information using FOIA on petitions that they filed.  FOIA redacts all information not pertaining to the spouse.  So they will not be able to see ALOT of information.

VAWA is still protected in FOIA - only you will receive the information.  

I used FOIA to obtain my immigration record during marriage and yes, it will have your receipt number and other information from all petitions using your A number.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

1 minute ago, Pinkrlion said:

The spouse can only receive information using FOIA on petitions that they filed.  FOIA redacts all information not pertaining to the spouse.  So they will not be able to see ALOT of information.

VAWA is still protected in FOIA - only you will receive the information.  

I used FOIA to obtain my immigration record during marriage and yes, it will have your receipt number and other information from all petitions using your A number.

thank you @Pinkrlion!! that's very helpful...

so I applied for my C9 renewal over 3 months ago and no receipt. if it was lost in the mail, would FOIA help? my lawyer just resubmitted the application too.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, BlueTiger92 said:

thank you @Pinkrlion!! that's very helpful...

so I applied for my C9 renewal over 3 months ago and no receipt. if it was lost in the mail, would FOIA help? my lawyer just resubmitted the application too.

Yes it will be in there, but FOIA takes 3 months to receive your information for your entire file.  If you just want to do a FOIA request for the I-765, it is a shorter wait time.  

Dear VJ Family can someone of this amazing family share some light im really worried?

My VAWA application was approved in September of 2019 and my divorce to my abusive USC spouse was finalized in march of 2019. from my understanding you have 2 years to file fpr VAWA after the divorce is that correct? I have filed in 2015 and at the time i was married ti my USC spouse. My worry's is what will happen if my I-485 is not approved by the end of 2 year of my divorce will i lose the ability to refile? What im trying to say is someone told me that after the divorce is finalize the petitioner has 2 years to get his case approved or denied after those 2 years if for some reason i have to refile i wont be able to? Can someone please explain, im worryed that if for some reason my AOS interview based on my approved VAWA get denied i wont be able to refile and they will deport me. The 2 years of my divorce will happen on March 2021

Thank you once again 

2 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

So nice to see Interview slowly going at NYC you waited 22 months after I-360 approval for an interview to be schedule this  just gave me more patient to keep waiting.  I am at 11months of waiting after my I-360 approval. 

It was very frustrating but it happened. Patience is the key with this system. 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Apolo said:

Dear VJ Family can someone of this amazing family share some light im really worried?

My VAWA application was approved in September of 2019 and my divorce to my abusive USC spouse was finalized in march of 2019. from my understanding you have 2 years to file fpr VAWA after the divorce is that correct? I have filed in 2015 and at the time i was married ti my USC spouse. My worry's is what will happen if my I-485 is not approved by the end of 2 year of my divorce will i lose the ability to refile? What im trying to say is someone told me that after the divorce is finalize the petitioner has 2 years to get his case approved or denied after those 2 years if for some reason i have to refile i wont be able to? Can someone please explain, im worryed that if for some reason my AOS interview based on my approved VAWA get denied i wont be able to refile and they will deport me. The 2 years of my divorce will happen on March 2021

Thank you once again 

Your VAWA has already been approved within the 2 years of your divorce.  That has nothing to do with your I-485 - they are separate petitions.  I-485 does  not have that stipulation.  

1 hour ago, Pinkrlion said:

Yes it will be in there, but FOIA takes 3 months to receive your information for your entire file.  If you just want to do a FOIA request for the I-765, it is a shorter wait time.  

I wonder, can a FOIA be used to obtain a copy of the approval notice? USCIS decided to be dumb and either has or will send mine to my old address half the country away. I kinda don't want to shell out the fee for I-824 if I can avoid it.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.