2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This is the continuation thread for

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/741619-vawa-part-19/

Β 

which was closed because of its large size.

-----

Personal Note: Β May the plethora of approvals in the Part 19 thread continue in this thread, as an unstoppable force!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Greetings!

Β 

Does anyone have the experience of being approved for abuse waiver without an interview?

Does abuse waiver have a higher chance of being requested for an interview?

Β 

I am asking because I originally submitted with only Divorce waiver, and I got an RFE. I talked to immigration professionals, and I have been advised to add in abuse waiver - because they believe I am qualified for that, and that I should write a personal statement.

I don’t have police report or restraining order, so I don’t feel strongly about a abuse waiver.

Β 

Now, I am debating if adding in abuse waiver is necessary. It seems like I could be approved with divorce waiver after responding to the RFE.

So -Β 

Does abuse waiver EVER get approved WITHOUT an interview?

Does abuse waiver have more chances/ more cases of being interviewed?

Β 

What would you do if it was you?

Β 

MuchΒ appreciated!

@BestChampionΒ Congratulations dear!πŸŒŸβœ¨πŸ’«βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ˜€ I'm super excited for you! I pray the time comes when we also rejoice with those waiting! Fear not darlings, you will all win! Let the approvals come through part 20!πŸ‘πŸ™Β 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

@BestChampionΒ Congratulations dear!πŸŒŸβœ¨πŸ’«βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ˜€ I'm super excited for you! I pray the time comes when we also rejoice with those waiting! Fear not darlings, you will all win! Let the approvals come through part 20!πŸ‘πŸ™Β 

Thanks a lotΒ πŸ˜€Β Good Luck for everyone waiting for approvals...!!!

Hi Guys,

Β 

I received my I-360 approval on July 28 and the letter said when a decision is reached on my I-485 AOS application, I would be notified. I am yet to receive the C31 EAD which I understand comes automatically after you case is approved. My current EAD/AP (Combo card) expires in JanuaryΒ 2021. I am not sure when I will be scheduled for an interview or when I would receive my Green card and I really would like to travel. Since I have about 4 months left on my Combo card, I am thinking of travelling to my home country next month butΒ  I am skeptical because of the current climate . Please advise. Thank youΒ 

30 minutes ago, Progress40 said:

Hi Guys,

Β 

I received my I-360 approval on July 28 and the letter said when a decision is reached on my I-485 AOS application, I would be notified. I am yet to receive the C31 EAD which I understand comes automatically after you case is approved. My current EAD/AP (Combo card) expires in JanuaryΒ 2021. I am not sure when I will be scheduled for an interview or when I would receive my Green card and I really would like to travel. Since I have about 4 months left on my Combo card, I am thinking of travelling to my home country next month butΒ  I am skeptical because of the current climate . Please advise. Thank youΒ 

Hey..you have everything you need! I360 approval letter, combo card..I mean you're free to travel as long as you adhere to the rules as it pertains to travel to your home country. I only hope you never filed asylum..or not in removal proceedings then you're good! I360 C31 EAD is mainly to allow you work when your VAWA is approved nothing else! Just don't overstay the validity of your travel document!πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

10 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I say AMEN! Praying for you all!πŸ™πŸ˜ŠπŸŒŸβœ¨πŸ’«

gurl do you remember i told you that my lawyer sent my ead renewal to NBC and that whole drama lol I am still waiting to get that damn card! smdh.Β 

Β 

my ead is expiring in a few days, andΒ i have the receipt for 180 days extension. but man this sucks axx.Β Β 

6 minutes ago, vawa2020 said:

gurl do you remember i told you that my lawyer sent my ead renewal to NBC and that whole drama lol I am still waiting to get that damn card! smdh.Β 

Β 

my ead is expiring in a few days, andΒ i have the receipt for 180 days extension. but man this sucks axx.Β Β 

Oh dear! Exactly what happened to me..it took quite some time..but it arrived! Good thing the 180 days ext suffices!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸŒŸβœ¨πŸ’«

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.