2,966 posts in this topic

Hello Guys, 

I am glad to meet you all here at the platform. I just learnt about this platform recently from a friend of mine. Currently, I need help filing Vawa. I was married to a U.S citizen around September 2016. By March of 2017, we separated. When we first met, I gave her some money for her personal upkeep, and I made sure she was okay. Things got a little bit tough for me in 2017, so I couldn't maintain her upkeep for sometime, but still made sure she was okay and doing alright. All of a sudden she backed out on me and at some point, she stopped picking my calls. Even when I started the divorce process, she made it very challenging for me. It was hard to get through to her either by phone or by email.  I need some guidance on how to go about my case. My case is more of a psychological or financial abuse. The person that recommended this platform told me about Attorney Sandra. Hello Sandra, I have heard alot of great stories about you and I will be more than glad if you stand in for me to ensure my Vawa is filed successfully.

10 minutes ago, Stanley Igwedibia said:

Hello Guys, 

I am glad to meet you all here at the platform. I just learnt about this platform recently from a friend of mine. Currently, I need help filing Vawa. I was married to a U.S citizen around September 2016. By March of 2017, we separated. When we first met, I gave her some money for her personal upkeep, and I made sure she was okay. Things got a little bit tough for me in 2017, so I couldn't maintain her upkeep for sometime, but still made sure she was okay and doing alright. All of a sudden she backed out on me and at some point, she stopped picking my calls. Even when I started the divorce process, she made it very challenging for me. It was hard to get through to her either by phone or by email.  I need some guidance on how to go about my case. My case is more of a psychological or financial abuse. The person that recommended this platform told me about Attorney Sandra. Hello Sandra, I have heard alot of great stories about you and I will be more than glad if you stand in for me to ensure my Vawa is filed successfully.

You are in the right place and will get solid advice here. But first be aware that if you have been divorced more than two years you will NOT be eligible for this petition. It also helps to read previous contents..then you'll get a grasp of what it entails! So we can move forward if you are eligible. What's the divorce situation?💁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Precious100 said:

@Stanley Igwedibia, am so sorry to hear this. Your'e  in the right place. Thanks to wonderful people like @sandranj, @Stillwinning!!!😊, @Godschild, @Villanelle, @Pinkrlion, @TBoneTX....and many other amiable fellows here. They'll help to put you through. I came into this forum with tears, confused, afraid, and planning of leaving back to my country but this group through the grace of God gave me hope and strength together with others who together we are all fighting to win. So welcome on board to the world of winners

Amen Amen Amen. 

On 11/21/2020 at 4:54 PM, Strife said:

Oh dear! Don’t worry about the abuser’s letters to USCIS. I had the exact same worry but see, I was approved and so were others. Neither are you the first, nor the last person with such an issue. That’s the main reason why VAWA law was enacted, to give victims the power of independence free from their abusers influence. And immigration is just one part of that vast law. 

On another note, I wasn’t aware that with FIOA, we can access letters written about us by our abusive partners/ex-partners.

I believe we should aggressively market this forum so that those in need can find an encyclopedia of relevant and correct knowledge here rather than hiring lawyers who have to be educated by us on the VAWA process!

To the pioneers of this forum; THANK YOU! 

FOIA is a very powerful and effective tool , and sadly not used often by applicants,  especially in complicated cases 

Edited by Touna

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Kely said:

Hello ! Does anybody know if this mean i have to update my medicals now? And aproximately how long after this do I receive an interview notice?

Snapchat-64504375.jpg

It states in Bold letters not to mail anything now. You’ll Receive an interview notice and you’ll need to get updated medicals at that time. Good luck!

5 hours ago, Brooklynguy1 said:

Hi Stillwinning!

I have sent my second inquiry request same congressman. It’s been 7 days I didn’t get  any response from Congressman office, last time was pretty quick response. 

Same here.
Congresswoman- no answer

Senator- no answer. 

Next week I’m going to contact another senator. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Stanley Igwedibia said:

Hello Guys, 

Hi there, I’m sure Sandra will get back to you and definitely advice further. To apply for VAWA, you must prove abuse. This means psychological or physical abuse. I’ll leave it to Sandra to give you more guidance. The key is to gather your evidence to prove your case, along with witnesses and psychological documentation by a professional. Like @Stillwinning!!!😊 mentioned, VAwA must be filled within 2yrs of divorce.

Edited by Godschild

Hey family I’m sorry to ask a lot of questions 

im planing to go back to school next semester 

but my life is kinda bad i applied vawa 2 months ago or 3 months my EAD as c9 so

my question is they will give me my EAD till 18-24 months till the Final decision

is that right ? It’s mean I can go back to school in live a normal life during those 18-24 months? 

and what is mean when your Receive a Receipt from the usics? Dose it mean I’m Qualify for the Requirement ?

Timeline
9 hours ago, Boris Britva said:

Hey! thank you for your reply! The interview went very smooth and good overall, I had everything officer need (birth certificate, medicals, passport, previous EADs and etc). Officer said she need to review something probably by the end of the week and gave me letter about review. She also said if everything is ok I wil get a GC within 2 weeks so today is basically 3 weeks after interview and idk how can I check my status. Case status stopped updating after transfer to NBC in January 2020, since then I only track my case by mail (got I360 approval letter, courtesy letter, interview letter). I called costumer service but they can't provide me this information.

Boris, if I were you, I’d claim my victory and stop worrying. You waited over 1yr, if not 2yrs to get to this point. What is another couple weeks? As long as you haven’t committed any crimes, you’re approved. There’s a backlog on GC production and sometimes it takes 4-6 weeks to get an update. I wouldn’t stress myself out by calling and checking. Have confidence that you’ve been approved and watch what I tell you, you’ll get your card before you know it. Congratulations in advance. Happy Holidays.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I regret to report that the posts about the writing project had to be removed, per site policy (not a personal decision).

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, Godschild said:

It states in Bold letters not to mail anything now. You’ll Receive an interview notice and you’ll need to get updated medicals at that time. Good luck!

I didn't mean to send it now but just have it ready..

But I'll just wait till I get another notice ! Did you receive this too? How long before interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.