2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Texas Girl said:

Hello All,

hope you are doing well.

i am putting documents together though I haven’t received aos interview notice yet.

qq:

- Do we need to take I-94. For some reason i am unable to retrieve I-94 from official site. Its says record not found.
- and how about Police Clearance certificate from current location?

- Should I take the copy of comprehensive  vawa and aos packages sent to CIS?

Thanks for your help!!

Just bring your  original documents to the interview , such as birth certificate ,marriage certificate , divorce decree ,if any,last work permit  and passport .

Timeline
On 11/21/2020 at 6:51 PM, ponak98 said:

Congrats. Could you please explain the process after your I-485 got approved?

I had mine approved 2 weeks ago. Got written approval notice this week. No green card and no welcome letter. How soon did you get green card and welcome letter?

It takes 10/15 days , you should get the GC soon.

Timeline
On 11/21/2020 at 9:46 PM, Texas Girl said:

One more question please. How can I connect to USCIS live agent. When i call on their helpline tel:+1-800-375-5283, i only get automated response and don’t seem to find a way to talk to anyone

USCIS can’t give you any information over the phone . The VAWA case is  protected by cprivacy law.

Timeline
On 11/20/2020 at 2:23 PM, HolaBola31 said:

Hi guys! I’m so frustrated 😠

USCIS again messed up with my notice and sent it somewhere else but not to me.

My VAWA was approved November 12. And today I got a notice that my approval notice was returned to USCIS because post office could not deliver it.

Second time! Even tho all addresses up to date and correct!

I called to USCIS today. Was transferred 4 times. They put me in a line. I was on the line for 2 hours in general and guess what? Their call just cut off.

I called them back but they told me that I’m still in a line and I will get a call. Well. They never called me back.

I submit online inquiry even tho I know they won’t give me any information. 
So my options are: call to USCIS again and again and hope they will take my call. Sent and actual letter to USCIS by mail (I e tried it before and they have a huge issues with answer on those) and also I can ask my senator office about help again.

Why it’s so difficult???😡😡😡

Every single time some issues with delivering this notices. 
Gosh. Seems like this stress will never have the end😭😭😭

Ask your congressperson to inquire on your behalf .Forget about calling the USCIS they are not allowed to give you any information .

Timeline
On 11/21/2020 at 12:59 AM, TBoneTX said:

I didn't do VAWA (just an I-129F), but this brings back vivid memories.

To this very day, when I'm on hold with a business whose "hold" music is the same as what USCIS had, I feel panic, my heart rate gets faster, and (probably) my blood pressure goes up.

Lol.

Timeline
On 11/19/2020 at 10:33 AM, Ylx said:

Hello my good people... I just norice that my RFE. That indicates where should I send my medicals doesnt have a bar code... Should I include the first notice ( yellow page) on my response?

Submit the ORIGINAL RFE.

Timeline
On 11/16/2020 at 7:30 PM, jacobamanda63 said:

I thought read somewhere and it says only needs police report from where you lived over 3 years. I got the wrong information about this then made things very difficult now.  

Yep you got the wrong information.The self petitioner  must submit the police clearance from each place she  has lived  for at least 6 months is the past 3 years.

Timeline
1 hour ago, sandranj said:

Just bring your  original documents to the interview , such as birth certificate ,marriage certificate , divorce decree ,if any,last work permit  and passport .

Thank you

Timeline
On 11/16/2020 at 7:37 PM, Evasn said:

Thank you very much for your respond. Do you know how long it takes for security check? Or the same timeline as a background check ? 

I saw cases that took 2 weeks and I saw cases took 2 years.

3 hours ago, sandranj said:

Ask your congressperson to inquire on your behalf .Forget about calling the USCIS they are not allowed to give you any information .

Thank you! 
i did already and unfortunately our congress man got retired and now we have another one. Not sure how fast they will work. 
Already sent them a letter. Hope they will be that fast as my previous one.

Do you think I need to send inquiry by mail? Or just wait for the response from senator office? And do you know if they (USCIS) will be able to fix the issue by themself if my office won’t hurry to send inquiry on behalf?

Thank you for your help!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, sandranj said:

Yep you got the wrong information.The self petitioner  must submit the police clearance from each place she  has lived  for at least 6 months is the past 3 years.

After 24 months , they just sent me prima facie again, is this normal?

2 minutes ago, Vawa&U said:

After 24 months , they just sent me prima facie again, is this normal?

As long as they have not reached a decision on your case..they can send you prima facie..I received prima facie a couple of months before my case was approved! So receiving prima facie doesn't mean your case is going to take longer..you might even get an approval next week! Keep been proactive..seek the assistance of your congressperson to enquire what the delay is about..etc. Just know you're closer than before!👍

Guys, is there any other option to check status except Case Status Online at USCIS website or phone call? It just stuck after I-360 was approved and case was transferred. My I-485 interview was 3 weeks ago and end up with review so I am in unclear situation... Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.