2,966 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, sandranj said:

It counts  if he is an employee of the U.S government or armed services.

but that's my problem. he got medical seperated like 2 months ago but on his military orders which we also sent to the embassy is the end of his orders in germany the year 2021.  what is the smartest solution? VAWA and risk ot or keep going with the normal I 130?

3 hours ago, Fishy89 said:

Hello guys . 
i talked to my lawyer about the delay .. and we can do .. he told me the only option we have is to wait .. OR we can sue the USCIS and FBI 

what do you thing ?? Is it a good idea ?? 
he told me we can get a decision after 60 days max !! 

What i can say is that decision is all you, what i have been advice is that when you are considering to file for a mandamus you have to have a good reason for that and also a strong case. the best thing you can do is to ask for a second opinion from a knowledgeable lawyer like for example @sandranj i think she is one amazing attorney that actually cares about here clients and will be able to give you the best advice. 

4 hours ago, Fishy89 said:

Hello guys . 
i talked to my lawyer about the delay .. and we can do .. he told me the only option we have is to wait .. OR we can sue the USCIS and FBI 

what do you thing ?? Is it a good idea ?? 
he told me we can get a decision after 60 days max !! 

I applied vawa on Dec 2017. Still waiting for my gc interview. 

1 hour ago, Kiesel said:

You're brave and strong. If all docs are in place, go for it. We're all here to support you! Someone said a few days ago, doors are closed when we stop believing, so don't stop believing and have faith. :) I'm yet to file, and I get my inspiration from this place.

......smiles!😊 that someone was @Stillwinning!!!😊 we are a community of believers! Hopefuls!👌👍rooting and cheering for all still waiting!❤🙏

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

......smiles!😊 that someone was @Stillwinning!!!😊 we are a community of believers! Hopefuls!👌👍rooting and cheering for all still waiting!❤🙏

Thank you. I thought I would feel relief when it goes to mail but now it gave me more anxiety. Did you guys feel the same for 3 years waiting on your approvals? Now I'm think what if I don't get approved? Or worse, charged with something? Everything is so scary. Should I already be thinking of contingency plans? How did you cope?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Claudia16049 said:

I-360 have to pay fee , if you submit financial hardship proof And fill the uscis form get approved. You will be Don’t have to pay 

There is not a fee to file I-360.  There is a fee to file I-485.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

27 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

Thank you. I thought I would feel relief when it goes to mail but now it gave me more anxiety. Did you guys feel the same for 3 years waiting on your approvals? Now I'm think what if I don't get approved? Or worse, charged with something? Everything is so scary. Should I already be thinking of contingency plans? How did you cope?

Just remain positive..everyone went through that phase..I stayed prayed up and believed..Jesus won't let your heart break! You will win!👍

Friends, I've been wondering, has anyone hired a lawyer only for the purpose of accompanying them to the AOS interview (not necessarily representing them or helping with filing the paperwork)?  

50 minutes ago, Claudia16049 said:

$435 for I-360

That is true in some cases because I-360 is basically a "none of the above, pick 1" kind of application. The fee is $435, however the following are exempt: Amerasians, VAWA self-petitioners, SIJ applicants, Iraqi/Afghan translators. So if you were filing I-360 for an EB-4 religious worker then yes the fee would be $435.

21 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

Has anyone gotten an Intent to Deny their application? If so, what did they do? Also, what is the worst case scenario of this filing?

A NOID is basically a more serious RFE. They're issued in two situations:

1. After first review of the application the officer doesn't think you meet the statutory requirements (you didn't prove you were married or free to marry, you didn't prove the abuser was a USC/LPR, etc) and probably others as well.

2. After an RFE, sometimes if you don't overcome whatever standard of evidence they want, they'll give you a second chance to submit more documents and give you a NOID or a second RFE.

What should you do if you get a NOID? Treat it like a more serious RFE, give them what they're asking for. Best case scenario you'll overcome the officer's doubts and cruise to an approval. Worst case scenario (you don't overcome their doubts or just completely ignore the NOID) the application will get denied.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.