2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Motherofchaos said:

So, i could get a evaluation. I also have police reports, legal court documents and screenshots.

are you sure I can file for VAWA eventhough my husband isnt a active service member anymore? or are you saying that because on his orders he still is?

actually we live together. all his stuff is here still, his local residents registration is our adress, all he has is a provisional order. either he stays at friends or he just travels arround.

If you have police report you might not  need a psychological evaluation.What does the police report say?

Yes you can file VAWA, I had several cases  that the abusers were not in the service anymore, and the  petitioners were living  outside of the U.S,and they had  their  VAWA cases approved.

1 minute ago, Kely said:

Hi family ! After receiving my c31 exactly a month ago, today I checked my i360 online and this is what I saw😭. I'm so happy and relieved. God is good🙏🏾 I pray that the same thing happens to everyone on queue for vawa approval. 

20200922_165532.jpg

Oh wow..congrats dear! 🌟💫🌟💫😀Good news again..this is all I want to see all day everyday! Praying for all waiting still! 🙏

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Oh wow..congrats dear! 🌟💫🌟💫😀Good news again..this is all I want to see all day everyday! Praying for all waiting still! 🙏

Thank you so much @Stillwinning!!!😊. you are so kind

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, isurvived said:

Hi everyone, Thanks for all you do. I have EAD C31 category. I have applied for my i485 want to switch to EAD c09. Could someone please help me with my i765 application? Should i fill out initial filling or renewal, cause this is a different category. Please help

image.png.7cc14dc60418f997ec66d04f5cc46209.png

Why do you want to change the EAD category?. Renewal means  that the  previous EAD was issued under the same category that you are applying now.

15 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Why do you want to change the EAD category?. Renewal means  that the  previous EAD was issued under the same category that you are applying now.

Thanks for the response @sandranj.

I want to apply for C09 with Advance Parole togeth.togetherr,  that's why. I believe I can't apply for C31 and advance parole document.

26 minutes ago, GreenB said:

Hi everyone :) 

So I decided to proceed with my request about I-485 status update with the congressman and sent them whatever USCIS asked to release info about my case. In a couple hours, we got a response from USCIS and they basically said my file was waiting in queue for interview. And today I got a letter from my local USCIS Office and I was in tears for 10 minutes. Interview Letter for October 22nd. I can’t wait to close this period of my life which has been full of worries. I was thinking it would take at least another 6-12 months for an interview. I was in shock with this letter. I’m wondering if contacting my congressman made it any quicker because the letter was sent just after my congressman reached out to them but who knows. 

The idea of being free of all these worries....being free free.....finally having the freedom to move in case I want/need to because I have been avoiding it so that my mailing with USCIS wouldn’t be affected, etc etc etc. I haven’t even got a Greencard yet but it’s so f***ing close and I can’t wait for it. I wanna drink until I loose my consciousness even though I’m not a heavy drinker. Feelings... and more feelings....that’s been suppressed for so long now. Hardest time of my life so far....is about to be over. I just can’t believe I got this letter today. My feelings are all mixed together 🙈

Now I’m asking you to share with me how you guys prepared for your interview. What documents did you take with you? I don’t have a lawyer so I’ll be on my own. Please if someone has a checklist or the list you made before your interview....I’ll greatly appreciate 🙏🙏🙏 @sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Shroy123 @Claudia16049

Any VJ family member....please share your experience with me 😊🙈🤞🥰🤗

TIMELINE:

*July 2018 ........ I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 filed all together

*(I’ll skip EAD and AP approvals and renewals, I don’t remember them)

*January 2020 ........ I-360 approved

*June 2020 ...... RFE with I-485 from NBC (birth certificate), I sent my response in the same month

*September 2020 Interview letter for October 22, 2020

Congrats ! To God be the glory! Which office is it?

21 minutes ago, GreenB said:

Hi everyone :) 

So I decided to proceed with my request about I-485 status update with the congressman and sent them whatever USCIS asked to release info about my case. In a couple hours, we got a response from USCIS and they basically said my file was waiting in queue for interview. And today I got a letter from my local USCIS Office and I was in tears for 10 minutes. Interview Letter for October 22nd. I can’t wait to close this period of my life which has been full of worries. I was thinking it would take at least another 6-12 months for an interview. I was in shock with this letter. I’m wondering if contacting my congressman made it any quicker because the letter was sent just after my congressman reached out to them but who knows. 

The idea of being free of all these worries....being free free.....finally having the freedom to move in case I want/need to because I have been avoiding it so that my mailing with USCIS wouldn’t be affected, etc etc etc. I haven’t even got a Greencard yet but it’s so f***ing close and I can’t wait for it. I wanna drink until I loose my consciousness even though I’m not a heavy drinker. Feelings... and more feelings....that’s been suppressed for so long now. Hardest time of my life so far....is about to be over. I just can’t believe I got this letter today. My feelings are all mixed together 🙈

Now I’m asking you to share with me how you guys prepared for your interview. What documents did you take with you? I don’t have a lawyer so I’ll be on my own. Please if someone has a checklist or the list you made before your interview....I’ll greatly appreciate 🙏🙏🙏 @sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Shroy123 @Claudia16049

Any VJ family member....please share your experience with me 😊🙈🤞🥰🤗

TIMELINE:

*July 2018 ........ I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 filed all together

*(I’ll skip EAD and AP approvals and renewals, I don’t remember them)

*January 2020 ........ I-360 approved

*June 2020 ...... RFE with I-485 from NBC (birth certificate), I sent my response in the same month

*September 2020 Interview letter for October 22, 2020

I share in your joy honey!😀 This journey is not for the weak at heart..else it will break you..been there but I can only encourage the fam here..hope keeps us going..the door is only closed when we stop believing..when we lose faith! Congratulations dear..finally you have seen the end of this gruesome walk...God's got you..your greencard is secured already!🙏 just basically go with originals of all important documents and copies. This is not limited to but includes birth certificate, state i.d, passport, marriage certificate,tax documents from the last 3years..employment verification letter..ETC.Your interview wait is admirably short thanks to God! You can start celebrating already girl..you won!🍸 🍸🌟💫🌟

4 hours ago, Fishy89 said:

Hello family .. 

iam back again after along time waiting for any change on my case .. but nothing 

i filled my case February 2018 

it’s been 34 months now and i only get the prima facie every 6 months .. and that’s it 

last time i contacted my congressman he told me they said iam pending security checks !! And they don't know when will this ends ! 
i lost hope lost patience .. 

iam a medical doctor and my career is destroying by waiting without any progress in my medical life !! CV gaps because of this .. i don’t know what to !?  

any advice

NB : My lawyer is not cooperative !! 
thanks 🤍 

With security checks patience is needed my dear..these are some of the things immigration puts us through..you can always explain the gaps..aside immigration..there was and still is the pandemic! So many people here were held in security checks phase for quite long..but were approved eventually as you will! Just keep holding on..you are a star and you will shine!🌟🌟😍👍

23 hours ago, silicon_valley said:

I am interested in getting a new psychological evaluation as soon as possible.

However, I don't have an attorney for my VAWA case, and some doctors don't want to have evaluation session with clients who don't have attorneys.

Can anyone recommend someone who are accepting independent clients?

I do know one! Do they have to be in California? Mine is in Miami

30 minutes ago, Six666 said:

Anyone still waiting for an interview in NYC or has same timeline like me? 

Do you know if I moved to Florida before filing I-360 will I have the interview in Florida? Or is it in New York as my marriage filings were in NYC and I'm going to ask to transfer my i-485. Thanks!

37 minutes ago, Six666 said:

Hi everyone,

Anyone still waiting for an interview in NYC or has same timeline like me? 

Filing date: june 2017

Approved:  november 2018

CL after couple of months

And then still waiting for interview

@Six666, I am also in NYC. File concurrently April 3, 2017. Approved Dec 9th  2018. File transferred Jan 2019. Still awaiting interview. Reached out to Senator Gillibrand twice, same respond, case in queue for interview. Lawyer no help at all, asked him numerous times to do an inquiry, he is mute. It is what it is, can’t do anything but wait. I guess when the time is right, that one interview letter we Are waiting on will pop up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.