dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview October 2020

258 posts in this topic

@Juliet57 Yesterday I walked in from of the CAS here in Mexico City and it was opened. I came across two staffers and they said the embassy is conducting emergency and students interviews only.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
37 minutes ago, David G said:

@Juliet57 Yesterday I walked in from of the CAS here in Mexico City and it was opened. I came across two staffers and they said the embassy is conducting emergency and students interviews only.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah they're not processing IR1/CR1 yet. A few days ago the ambassador in Juarez said that they still haven't opened and still don't have an opening date either. Juarez is yellow though which means all work opr can proceed normally (with caution). 

Someone heard they'll open after the elections. So this is a political move.  

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hmhm1 said:

Hi there,

We have our interview next month on the 6th, and we were DQ'd earlier in the year. does anyone know we need to take.updated i 864 to the interview? I have a joint sponsor so am wondering if i need to take updated info regarding the joint sponsor. 

It seems it would prudent to have an update to date i864 (if there is an update) and updated paystubs.   They may not be needed, but why chance it and delay your visa?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hmhm1 said:

Nothing has changed expect maybe the income has gone a little higher, all other info for Joint Sponsor is the same. I am planning to submit 6 month worth of paystubs for the joint sponsor as well. 

If the paystubs include the year to date amount,  6 months is probably overkill.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Bee91 said:

Approved today at our Interview! I'll write a detailed post at a later point, but so glad our journey has ended (well, mostly)! 

congratulations!! 

22 minutes ago, mallasharas said:

Hello there!

Does anyone know if that means my husband and son (Jordan and Noa) have to be present at the interview? 

3D8E7B20-EC56-4D8E-95BD-C4C9EDDBEAD5.jpeg

My name came under the additional applicants tab too. But since I am the petitioner and do not intend to immigrate. I will not be going to the interview with my spouse. But if your husband and child is intending to immigrate then I believe they should.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
15 minutes ago, NGorge said:

My name came under the additional applicants tab too. But since I am the petitioner and do not intend to immigrate. I will not be going to the interview with my spouse. But if your husband and child is intending to immigrate then I believe they should.

Looking at @mallasharas profile and other questions asked, it seems that the husband is a US citizen and the child has already been issued a US passport. This means that they won't be immigrating with you (because US Citizens don't immigrate, they merely just come back home to their country of citizenship) and so they do not need to attend the interview. It seems that the NVC email contains the people who are listed on any of the forms you filled out -- I am also on the email as the petitioner for the interview but will also not be attending because I'm not immigrating.

Timeline
On 9/23/2020 at 9:00 AM, NGorge said:

Hey.. Couple of us from Ireland and got interviews today has the same issue. Just follow the instructions given which says to sent an detailed email to a certain email is to fix the problem.

Thanks for the info, we sent an email. Not sure if they fixed the issue on their end after receiving the message or if it just resolved itself, but we were finally able to register today!

Timeline
On 9/23/2020 at 4:02 PM, DGF said:

It can take up to 24 hours to let you register, no need to worry!

Thanks for the reassurance! We sent an email as directed by the error message on the site and while we didn't hear back, we were finally able to register today. Took about 48 hours, but in the end we were able to register well in advance of our appointment.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
50 minutes ago, NGorge said:

Thank you that helped a lot!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.