Peter322

AOS Interview K1 - Proof of Bonafide Relationship

20 posts in this topic

My wife and I did k1 visa and we would like to know if we have enough evidence that we have been living together for the AOS interview

These are the only evidence we have that shows we have been living together:

1. State ID card with our address on it (not drivers license, she does not drive and is terrified of driving)

2. Joint Bank Account with our address on it

3. Social Security Card (she is using my last name)

4. We also have a youtube channel and we make videos few times a week. it shows us going to many different places, waterfalls, hiking, shopping, ect... we have been making videos since we first met in person

is this MORE than enough evidence?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
1 hour ago, Peter322 said:

My wife and I did k1 visa and we would like to know if we have enough evidence that we have been living together for the AOS interview

These are the only evidence we have that shows we have been living together:

1. State ID card with our address on it (not drivers license, she does not drive and is terrified of driving)

2. Joint Bank Account with our address on it

3. Social Security Card (she is using my last name)

4. We also have a youtube channel and we make videos few times a week. it shows us going to many different places, waterfalls, hiking, shopping, ect... we have been making videos since we first met in person

is this MORE than enough evidence?

We brought wedding photos to our interview, and the IO did want to see them.  We also brought family photos taken during the time leading up to the interview, of my husband's daughters visiting, us with our dogs, our house etc.  I am not sure how useful the youtube videos would be, since you cannot submit video media.  

Do you have any household bills together, such as utilities?  We had added my husband to our power bill and water bill.

Your other evidence of shared address and shared banking sounds perfect.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

What about her being on your health insurance plan, each other benefits of life insurance, Power of Attorney for each other? That would also be good things to add.

8 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

We brought wedding photos to our interview, and the IO did want to see them.  We also brought family photos taken during the time leading up to the interview, of my husband's daughters visiting, us with our dogs, our house etc.  I am not sure how useful the youtube videos would be, since you cannot submit video media.  

Do you have any household bills together, such as utilities?  We had added my husband to our power bill and water bill.

Your other evidence of shared address and shared banking sounds perfect.

I am currently a medical student and my wife and i are still living with my parents, so i dont have any bills. We only had a court house wedding and we do have pictures of that. We didnt have a wedding party.

And we only use pre-paid card from walmart for cell phones. I do go to the gym and do plan on adding my wife with me to my plan, so would that count???

And I havent worked since last year and dont plan on working anytime soon, since I am too busy studying. My everyday schedule is just gym and studying, thats it. And as for health insurance, I have Obamacare, so my wife doesnt have health insurance right now.  

As for the i-864, we will be using my father as a co-sponsor, and he makes over 6 figures, so Im not worried about income requirements. 

The only evidence we have of bonafide relationship are the things i listed in the 1st post. There is nothing else we have.

2 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

What about her being on your health insurance plan, each other benefits of life insurance, Power of Attorney for each other? That would also be good things to add.

I have Obamacare, so my wife cant use government health care.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Peter322 said:

I am currently a medical student and my wife and i are still living with my parents, so i dont have any bills. We only had a court house wedding and we do have pictures of that. We didnt have a wedding party. We eloped to a nearby island, and our wedding pics are selfies!  Your court house pics will be just fine.

And we only use pre-paid card from walmart for cell phones. I do go to the gym and do plan on adding my wife with me to my plan, so would that count???  Sure, bring the gym membership you're both on.

And I havent worked since last year and dont plan on working anytime soon, since I am too busy studying. My everyday schedule is just gym and studying, thats it. And as for health insurance, I have Obamacare, so my wife doesnt have health insurance right now.  As a medical student, you must realize that she needs health insurance.  Even young people can have accidents and illnesses.  It would be awful to start a medical career with hundreds of thousands of dollars of medical debt as well as student loan debt.

As for the i-864, we will be using my father as a co-sponsor, and he makes over 6 figures, so Im not worried about income requirements. 

The only evidence we have of bonafide relationship are the things i listed in the 1st post. There is nothing else we have.

I have Obamacare, so my wife cant use government health care.   You will need to show evidence of health insurance for your wife.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Peter322 said:

I am currently a medical student and my wife and i are still living with my parents, so i dont have any bills. We only had a court house wedding and we do have pictures of that. We didnt have a wedding party.

And we only use pre-paid card from walmart for cell phones. I do go to the gym and do plan on adding my wife with me to my plan, so would that count???

And I havent worked since last year and dont plan on working anytime soon, since I am too busy studying. My everyday schedule is just gym and studying, thats it. And as for health insurance, I have Obamacare, so my wife doesnt have health insurance right now.  

I have Obamacare, so my wife cant use government health care.

Your wife can be on Obamacare. I was able to add my husband with no trouble at all. It's not considered being a public charge, if that's what's worrying you

53 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

Your wife can be on Obamacare. I was able to add my husband with no trouble at all. It's not considered being a public charge, if that's what's worrying you

are you 100% sure?

i thought that trump passed a law saying that immigrants who come here and use up public benefits like food stamps or healthcare will be denied greencard

can anyone else here confirm this??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Peter322 said:

are you 100% sure?

i thought that trump passed a law saying that immigrants who come here and use up public benefits like food stamps or healthcare will be denied greencard

can anyone else here confirm this??

Obamacare is purchased health insurance and is not an issue for public charge determination as it is not a public benefit.

8 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Obamacare is purchased health insurance and is not an issue for public charge determination as it is not a public benefit.

the obamacare i have wasnt purchased. i use the free public healthcare provided by the state i live in. i just thought it was called "obamacare"

can my wife apply for the free healthcare provided by my state?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

You can use Obamacare. My husband and I are both on an Obamacare plan. He joined my plan about a month after we got married, which was about 2 years ago. We even brought this as AOS evidence. No issue. She definitely needs health insurance or that can be a huge mark against you! It is not a public charge.

Our state does not have any free plans so I can not chime in on that, but that sounds like a very different scenario and that is not considered Obamacare.

1 hour ago, Unlockable said:

You have to be extremely careful and very accurate with the information you provide us if you want help. You saying it was Obamacare has led to people to give you advice that is not relevant to you. So first, find out exactly what the state healthcare is called. Then you need to find out if you are allowed to join it at the state level. Each state is different so it could be possible or not. But you have to do the legwork to find this out. 

Most public benefits has always been restricted to new immigrants. This is nothing new that Trump started. He just signed an order to enforce it more. But it has been around for a long time. That is because those benefits are paid through taxes and since new arriving immigrants didn't pay into it before, it would be unfair for them to use it immediately.

I have Health Share of Oregon, it is a free government assistance program. i googled to see if immigrants are covered and found out that immigrants can apply for it

if my wife applies for it, will she be denied green card due to trumps new law? 

I couldn't see if you're planning on bringing actual bank statements to the interview or just a document that you have a joint account. Bring every single statement that you can. Also, pictures of you two with family, friends, on trips, etc. The IO I had looked through all our photos and asked questions about them. 

Her using your last name is 100% irrelevant. 

Edited by Orangesapples

6 hours ago, Peter322 said:

I have Health Share of Oregon, it is a free government assistance program. i googled to see if immigrants are covered and found out that immigrants can apply for it

if my wife applies for it, will she be denied green card due to trumps new law? 

She needs her own paid health insurance plan.  You two should have known that she needed health insurance when she came to the U.S.  What exactly is Trump’s new law?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.