theatxbombayguy

Aug 2020 I-751 Filers (merged)

681 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/10/2021 at 4:02 PM, TGP said:

Received another Form I-797C today.

Our interview is Oct. 01/21 here in L.A.

Hopefully all goes well :)

Also good luck with your interview today TGP! Here’s to good news and the end of this process for you! ☺️

Timeline
7 hours ago, torontoim said:

Also good luck with your interview today TGP! Here’s to good news and the end of this process for you! ☺️

Thanks!

Just got back from it...............Approved!!!!!!

Apart from the wait......Appt. for 8:30. We arrived at 8:15. It took 30 mins to pass through security. Checked in and assigned an interviewer at 8:45. Called in for interview at 10:25. We did the interview together. At no point were we separated. No hardball questions. Asked where we met, and when. Who attended our wedding. Who proposed, and how/where. Wanted to see latest joint tax return (2020 had not been included with the petition). I also offered documentation on a Joint Trust that we have been putting together. His final question was to me...why didn't I file for a N-400 as well? I explained that I misunderstood the timelines. He pointed out that If I had of filed the N-400 when eligible (July 24/2021), we would of been doing both interviews at once! He excused us so if could fill out some paper work, and ten mins later came out and had me an approval letter, and explained that I would be receiving my new 10 year Green Card (I thought it would only be 7, because of the 3 years already here) in a couple of weeks!

It's easy to say now, but try not to sweat it :)

Timeline

My new Green Card arrived in the mail today.

One week exactly after our interview.

I don't think I will be pursuing Citizenship for a while.

So, for now my journey has ended.

Good luck to all :0

Has anyone made an out of time inquiry?

We filed in Texas and while it was transferred, there is no timeline for those transferred to NBC, and the normal processing time is 5.5-9.5 months right now in Texas. I made an out of time inquiry yesterday. It said to expect a response by November 2.

Just seeing if anyone else had done similar and what their results were.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I did an inquiry back in July as my SRC case (also transferred to NBC in Oct 2020) was outside processing time for Texas.  I got a quick response and it said I would hear within 90 days.  It is past that in calendar days but I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt that they meant business days.  That would push the 90 days into somewhere mid-November.  I may do another inquiry if I haven’t heard by then.

the reason for the transfer was to “speed up processing”.  Ironic huh?

• 4 weeks later...

Received USCIS email today that we’ve been scheduled for an interview and to wait for the notification in the mail with the interview date. 

Edited by Alexa210

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/9/2021 at 1:36 PM, Abies said:

Officially became a USC today.

Had a combo interview for I-751 and N400.

Congrats I have my ROC Interview coming up next month 

• 3 weeks later...

Had the I-751 interview today morning (yes, on a Saturday at 7:30 am). It was very simple. We were with the officer less than 10 minutes. Most of the time, he was just verifying our evidence of relationship. He had a big folder with all what we have submitted previously and asked if we had any new evidence. We submitted updated bank accounts, taxes, more photos, etc.

Then, he asked a couple of questions about where are we living now, where we lived before moving to our current address, asked for passport and asked if we’ve been out of the country recently, if we went together, and then asked if we have been arrested or had any problems with police. And, that was it !

He said that he didn’t have any further questions and to expect the new card within 30 days by mail.

So, our journey is over for the next couple of years as we will not be pursuing the N400 yet. Wish you good luck to everyone! 

Timeline

Had my interview today and officer told me my case would be under review, upon checking case status tonight I found a different thing entirely.

#Can someone please tell me if this means I’m approved already my attorney is not telling me if I was approved already.😩

CFBB441B-A766-4A0D-AB9A-F844F8353C29.jpeg

Edited by Don Godwin

new card being produced means just that

probably approved and the new green card is being created to be mailed to you

meanwhile, we wait on my wife's 

November 18, 2020 Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction
November 17, 2020 Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another office for processing.
October 2, 2020 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.
August 11, 2020 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

Timeline
3 hours ago, brentjbeaver said:

new card being produced means just that

probably approved and the new green card is being created to be mailed to you

meanwhile, we wait on my wife's 

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.