theatxbombayguy

Aug 2020 I-751 Filers (merged)

681 posts in this topic

On 2/15/2022 at 10:47 PM, torontoim said:

Yep! They were done together. I brought my wife with me but the USCIS officer didn’t need her to come with me. Just took her driver’s license to photocopy as proof that she accompanied me. He said I had plenty of sufficient evidence of a Bona fide marriage in my I-751 application and because of that he didn’t need to speak with her. 

He swore me in and then started on my I-751 application. He asked several questions about my wife, in-laws and particulars about our relationship which he wrote down my answers to. I brought a bunch of evidence of our relationship from the time I sent in my application to the interview date but he didn’t ask to look at any of it. Then he moved on to the N-400 part of the interview. Went over some of my answers to the yes/no questions from the application with me again, asked me 6 questions for the Civics test which I got right so he didn’t ask any further. He did a short assessment of my ability to speak, read and write English with an electronic writing pad. 

After that he processed some paperwork in the computer and told me I’d be approved for both applications. Since the I-751 and N-400 were adjudicated together, he explained that he couldn’t put the N-400 through right away until the system processed him closing the I-751 process which takes 48 hours after which he said he would be able to approve the N-400 in the system. He was very nice and explained the process to me and said I should expect a notice of my oath ceremony date within 3-4 weeks. 

So at this point I’m just waiting to hear when the ceremony will be. Relieved to not have to worry about any more fees or forms to fill out and glad to see light at the end of the tunnel!

Thank you. How do you know which Civics Test to prepare, 2008 or 2020?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Mercatoris said:

Thank you. How do you know which Civics Test to prepare, 2008 or 2020?

If you’re going through the process now, the only test you’re preparing for is the 2008 test.

Timeline

Got this update from USCIS Case Status Online for my I-751 application. Waiting on the notice in the mail. My N-400 application case status has no update yet. 

B40DC150-DDF5-4039-A7D6-88705D0B678E.jpeg

Timeline

I got my I-797 notice of action in the mail today with the following message:

We have approved your I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. Our records also indicate we have approved your form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Because we also approved your N-400, you will not receive a new Permanent Resident Card (also known as a Green Card). Instead once you have taken the Oath of Allegiance, you will receive a Certificate of Naturalization, which will be proof of your U.S. citizenship. If you have questions regarding this process, please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Application to remove conditions on 2 year green card got approved this week. Applied for i751 in Aug 2020 and applied for n400 Aug 2021. Case was transferred from YSC for work load balance in Dec 2021 and case approved March 2022.

N-400 still being reviewed. Local office Baltimore. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Andz28 said:

Application to remove conditions on 2 year green card got approved this week. Applied for i751 in Aug 2020 and applied for n400 Aug 2021. Case was transferred from YSC for work load balance in Dec 2021 and case approved March 2022.

N-400 still being reviewed. Local office Baltimore. 

Nice. I am in the exact same position and field office. Dates of lodgment  and the transfer from YSC are the same too. I do not have any approvals yet. Congrats 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

My case updated to “Request for additional evidence was sent” :(

fingers crossed it will not be a major issue. On the bright side, it’s nice to see the case moving. 

hi everyone, i have a pending n400 and i751.

today i learned that i am in line for interview for n400 since January. 

they said my interview is requested to my local office but not scheduled yet.

do you know how long it takes for interview to be scheduled?

anybody had or saw similar experience? 

thank you if you can share.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
22 hours ago, Guido51 said:

hi everyone, i have a pending n400 and i751.

today i learned that i am in line for interview for n400 since January. 

they said my interview is requested to my local office but not scheduled yet.

do you know how long it takes for interview to be scheduled?

anybody had or saw similar experience? 

thank you if you can share.

I am in the same situation. My LFO is Baltimore. I have been in this situation since December 2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 3/22/2022 at 10:45 PM, Z&M said:

My case updated to “Request for additional evidence was sent” :(

fingers crossed it will not be a major issue. On the bright side, it’s nice to see the case moving. 

What are they asking?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
On 3/24/2022 at 9:17 AM, mr-mrs-hdc said:

Filed Aug 2020, interview for ROC on March 23, 2022, Approved same day. 

My case wasn't straight forward, DUI and divorce. Will have to wait until 2024 until can complete N400. 

which processing center?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.