theatxbombayguy

Aug 2020 I-751 Filers (merged)

681 posts in this topic

On 7/13/2021 at 11:43 PM, torontoim said:

The requirement is for 3 years of living in the United States together with your spouse after receiving your conditional green card, not 3 years of marriage to your spouse.

I’m a similar timeline to you. I got married in April 2017, applied for a CR1 visa which I received and activated in August 2018 when I moved to the US to live with my spouse which set the 3 year clock for me to apply for naturalization. I applied for removal of conditions last summer. However, you don’t have to wait until exactly 3 years after you activate your CR1 visa (conditional green card) for your N-400 naturalization application. 

You as a US citizen spouse can apply exactly 90 days (not one day earlier) prior to the 3 year anniversary of getting your green card and living with your spouse as long as you’ve met the minimum US residency requirement in each of those 3 years. https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator

An absence of more than 6 months (more than 180 days) but less than 1 year (less than 365 days) during the period for which continuous residence is required (also called “the statutory period”) is presumed to break the continuity of such residence. (https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-d-chapter-3)

I was eligible to apply for naturalization in late May 2021 for a conditional green card issued in August 2018 with the 90 day early filing provision. With the timeline you described you shouldn’t have to wait until October, you might be able to file this month! 3 months can help cut into the long processing times for N-400s (which can still take over a year). 

Can I file the N40O online ? What’s the difference between this and paper filing? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Dzfiction said:

Can I file the N40O online ? What’s the difference between this and paper filing? 

Yes you absolutely can which saves you the cost and time of sending it through courier. I sent mine online. It’s essentially exactly the same as the paper form but you just type in the text boxes for each section online and then move on until you’re done. You can also upload whatever evidence you want to include with your application directly to USCIS online. It’s a great alternative to the traditional mail filing method.

20 hours ago, torontoim said:

Yes you absolutely can which saves you the cost and time of sending it through courier. I sent mine online. It’s essentially exactly the same as the paper form but you just type in the text boxes for each section online and then move on until you’re done. You can also upload whatever evidence you want to include with your application directly to USCIS online. It’s a great alternative to the traditional mail filing method.

Great ! Thanks 😊 

On 7/14/2021 at 12:17 AM, torontoim said:

Yep, I’ve read on here that it does expedite the application in some cases and that in some cases the applications are merged into a single case with 1 interview for naturalization. 

I paid the biometrics fee twice just to err on the side of caution since they were part of the fees for both applications. I’d rather pay twice than have an application rejected on the off-chance that my assumption is wrong. I have read on here that people had their biometrics from the I-751 process reused for their N-400 application.

I didn’t get my biometrics appointment for the I-751 until after I was eligible to apply for my N-400 for naturalization so I just paid twice. Had my biometrics appointment today. Now just have to wait for the next step. 

Did u file the N400 online ? If yes please could you tell me which documents you submitted?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 6/3/2021 at 2:45 PM, swalker said:

Finally approved today, after waiting without news for the better part of a year. 
Whew! I was wondering if they had actually forgotten about us!

Have you guys applied for citizenship yet? R is planning on applying this week.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
41 minutes ago, janet3 said:

Have you guys applied for citizenship yet? R is planning on applying this week.

We haven’t, but it’s in our plan to do very soon! I’ve been on an LOA  (surgery) and one of my “projects” is to get going on this. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 8/9/2021 at 10:03 PM, swalker said:

We haven’t, but it’s in our plan to do very soon! I’ve been on an LOA  (surgery) and one of my “projects” is to get going on this. 

Sorry to hear you had to have surgery! I hope you get well soon!

We filed the n 400 online today....here we go again 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
my_logo.png

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

As of August 11, 2021, we are ready to schedule your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

I will file N400 as soon as possible.

Edited by Ngyeu78

Current Timeline:

08/26/2020 - Mailed via USPS the form i-751 to Az address

08/28/2020 - Delivered to USCIS

09/02/2020 - Photo Album was rejected and returned.

09/12/2020 - CC payment taken.

09/13/2020 - Received text msg with the Receipt #

09/25/2020 - Received i-751 NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Received this today. Odd that they wouldn't tell me WHEN the interview is. Will keep an eye out for the mail.

Interview Was Scheduled

On September 2, 2021, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number ........... We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.