Sarge2155

Interview has been scheduled...After Green Card is On Hand!

60 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, marlasinger said:

I did not go to the interview as my account had updated back to Green card received that morning. If that had not happened I would've attended.

@Sarge2155 I'm assuming you would have gotten a call by now about tomorrow. This has all been so weird.

oh what a bullocks. waste of everyone's time and resources. how in the world do they schedule interview after approval. i mean what kind of 1960 processing system do they have ?

duh

7 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Well this is it the mailman has already ran and no NOA cancelling our interview, so it's for sure we will be going and at least attempting to attend the scheduled interview tomorrow 8/6 at 0850. I'll be sure to update everyone once the dust clears tomorrow. Well at least I got a day off work LOL!!!!!

Good luck! If it's any solace I'm now majorly second guessing myself after biometrics today - I'd received two NOA biometrics forms, one that had just I-485, the other had I-485 and I-765. Only when I got home did I realize one was Code 2, the other was Code 3. I only got fingerprinted on my index finger and now kicking myself for not asking the biometrics technician about the second NOA (I asked at reception and they said forget about it). It's amazing how every step of this immigration process makes you second guess whether you're the one who has done something wrong...

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

event.png

Well now as @marlasinger stated on one post now the plot thickens: At 1746 (5:46PM) my wife got a call from the local office, she was not able to answer so it went to voice mail instructing her that the scheduled interview for 8/6 was an error and that she did not have to attend the interview!!!!!!! It was from a Dallas phone number and the woman identified herself as with USCIS the same name as what @marlasinger reported an Eva Orr (not sure about the last name only that it sounded like Orr , but definitely began with the letter O. I tried to call the number several times, but it is not a working number also as @marlasinger reported. My USCIS status has not changed back to "card was received" and still shows "interview was scheduled" as of 1916 hours. I don't trust the status' anyway as our K1 status still shows "case was received since 5/16/2018".

This is all par for the course or at least my course! Why did I think it would all be a walk in the park for us, from a rough and long K1 right into a error riddled AOS (we did glean the GC out of it all so I can't and won't get to angry just irritated how they could make a casual error like that and think nothing of it . Already took the day off work (without pay I might add)!!!

But you know what we are still going to show up at the local office tomorrow as a system riddled with errors I can not in good conscience not at least show up for the interview and not attend. I'm going to make them tell me to my face that it was an error. I can't just sit here all day tomorrow wondering what really happened with this all. So yes I fully expect to be turned away and told it was an error and why am I here, but you know that's ok cause we did our part and we won't have to be wondering about another error getting a letter saying we did not show up for the interview...you know how these errors go I'm sure!!!!!! This has all been a HUGE governmental cluster you know what!!!!!!!! I need not mention my wife is not to happy about it all especially since I'm insisting that we go on a wild goose chase.... welcome to America is what I told her hehehehehehe!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

I might also add that the call from USCIS the woman never mentioned my wife's name at any time during the recording, she said "this call is for someone who received an interview notice and that already has a GC." They got her number out of the files why did she not mention my wife by name? Just a another tidbit to explain why I am still going to go on a wild goose chase tomorrow!!!!!!!!🤔

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I might also add that the call from USCIS the woman never mentioned my wife's name at any time during the recording, she said "this call is for someone who received an interview notice and that already has a GC." They got her number out of the files why did she not mention my wife by name? Just a another tidbit to explain why I am still going to go on a wild goose chase tomorrow!!!!!!!!🤔

She never said my name either and she said just in case this is not my phone number anymore. That's when she quoted the last 3 digits of my Alien number

19 minutes ago, marlasinger said:

She never said my name either and she said just in case this is not my phone number anymore. That's when she quoted the last 3 digits of my Alien number

Hummm she never quoted the wife's  number, but anyway it's  to late now it's a done deal. I'll be sure to ask to speak to this Eva Orr!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Well just going to update everyone then that's that's. Once we got inside the building we waited until our scheduled interview time of  8:50am. Most of the chairs and there were plenty were taped off to observe social distancing, everyone was required to wear a mask to even get inside the building. Applicants were called in at their appointed time as each IO came to one of three doors to call them by name. At this point I am thinking there is no way they are going to call our name as they already erased us from the rotation. After a 15 minute wait and still no call for us I contacted one of the IOs and explained the situation, he looked most puzzled and when I saw that he had no idea what was going on especially once I said my wife had the GC already, that is when I asked to speak with Eva Orr.

After another 15 minute wait Ms. Eva Orr came out. We explained again our situation and she asked if we did not get her message about it being an error. I replied yes we did, but I wanted to come anyway and be told face to face and get some sort of record of this whole deal. At that time she lowered her face mask so I could see her face to face then she smiled and said she understood. I told her the status had not changed back to "card delivered" from "interview was scheduled" she acted astounded  then said they are behind on updating (I'll say they are behind, as my K1 status still shows case received since 5/16/2018). Nevertheless she was polite and she proceeded to write on the interview notice that applicant did show up for interview, but that applicant already was approved.

So other than getting that signed statement on the interview notice, it was a colossal waste of time and energy not to mention the added stress. I might add that not at any time while at the Dallas office did anyone apologize or acknowledge our wasted trip there or the error! @marlasinger good you did not go as it was a huge bust!!!!!!! Guess we can chill now until the next phase of our journey, but I said that before upon receipt of the GC!!!!!!!!! I hope everyone's journey will not be as colorful as ours. Good day all!!!!!

Madness!! I can't believe nobody even apologised 😯

Well I am glad you finally have some closure on this particular ordeal and I'm now definitely relieved I didn't waste the time to show up! Let's try to relax until they throw another curve ball 😬

12 minutes ago, marlasinger said:

Madness!! I can't believe nobody even apologised 😯

Well I am glad you finally have some closure on this particular ordeal and I'm now definitely relieved I didn't waste the time to show up! Let's try to relax until they throw another curve ball 😬

Well said, I'm sure going to try to relax...until the next ordeal then, have a good one and thank you!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Really stupid error on their part. But I figured that's what it was. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

46 minutes ago, wxman22 said:

Congratulations Again. 

Now, if anyone has an idea how to get SSAN's I'll truly be happy.

The only way really now since most SSA offices remain closed is to mail your documents using certified return receipt mail. It's risky but it does work that's how we got the wife's name changed. Call your local office there in your home town,that is where you send them. Like I said it would be a disaster if your documents got lost, but in desperate times calls for desperate measures.

Citizenship Complete!

On 8/7/2020 at 12:16 PM, wxman22 said:

Congratulations Again. 

Now, if anyone has an idea how to get SSAN's I'll truly be happy.

Call them! SSA are scheduling appointments for people who cannot be helped online and require critical services.   Getting a first SSN could warrant them giving you an appointment.

As here https://www.ssa.gov/coronavirus/

New Card Requests

We assign the vast majority of SSNs and issue SSN cards at birth. We will continue to process new card requests through our automated processes for newborns as part of the hospital registration process (we call that process Enumeration at Birth). We will also continue to process SSNs and issue cards for certain lawful immigrants [we call these processes Enumeration at Entry (EAE) and Enumeration beyond Entry (EBE)].

If these automated processes are not available to you, we will schedule an in-office appointment for a new card request for those with a critical need. Appointment availability is based on available staff and office operating status. Please call your local office to see if an in-office appointment is necessary and possible. To contact your local office, please look for the local office telephone number at Social Security Office Locator under “Social Security Office Information” for the office you select. The toll-free “Office” number is your local office.

As I understand, while you can mail documents to get an existing card/file updated, you need to be physically present for them to process the application for a first number/card.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2020 at 11:08 AM, Sarge2155 said:

Well just going to update everyone then that's that's. Once we got inside the building we waited until our scheduled interview time of  8:50am. Most of the chairs and there were plenty were taped off to observe social distancing, everyone was required to wear a mask to even get inside the building. Applicants were called in at their appointed time as each IO came to one of three doors to call them by name. At this point I am thinking there is no way they are going to call our name as they already erased us from the rotation. After a 15 minute wait and still no call for us I contacted one of the IOs and explained the situation, he looked most puzzled and when I saw that he had no idea what was going on especially once I said my wife had the GC already, that is when I asked to speak with Eva Orr.

After another 15 minute wait Ms. Eva Orr came out. We explained again our situation and she asked if we did not get her message about it being an error. I replied yes we did, but I wanted to come anyway and be told face to face and get some sort of record of this whole deal. At that time she lowered her face mask so I could see her face to face then she smiled and said she understood. I told her the status had not changed back to "card delivered" from "interview was scheduled" she acted astounded  then said they are behind on updating (I'll say they are behind, as my K1 status still shows case received since 5/16/2018). Nevertheless she was polite and she proceeded to write on the interview notice that applicant did show up for interview, but that applicant already was approved.

So other than getting that signed statement on the interview notice, it was a colossal waste of time and energy not to mention the added stress. I might add that not at any time while at the Dallas office did anyone apologize or acknowledge our wasted trip there or the error! @marlasinger good you did not go as it was a huge bust!!!!!!! Guess we can chill now until the next phase of our journey, but I said that before upon receipt of the GC!!!!!!!!! I hope everyone's journey will not be as colorful as ours. Good day all!!!!!

wow. i am somehow not surprised at this chaos from when the pandemic shut everything down. its good that you covered your bases, but it should never have come to that....

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

25 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

wow. i am somehow not surprised at this chaos from when the pandemic shut everything down. its good that you covered your bases, but it should never have come to that....

I agree totally!

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.