Sarge2155

Interview has been scheduled...After Green Card is On Hand!

60 posts in this topic

Yes, just as I suspected the interview notice date came in the mail today. Interview is set for August 6th, 2020 Dallas local office! I guess for now we'll have to go to the interview. I'll keep you posted as things change or we finish the interview whichever comes first. 😖

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

@marlasinger Have you heard anything on your interview yet. I got the notice today August 6th!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes, just as I suspected the interview notice date came in the mail today. Interview is set for August 6th, 2020 Dallas local office! I guess for now we'll have to go to the interview. I'll keep you posted as things change or we finish the interview whichever comes first. 😖

That's crazy, totally didn't expect that. And yes, you should definitely go, even if it turns out it's a mistake in the end. You never want to miss an actual appointment with USCIS. 

First time I have heard of this. Keep us updated!

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

1 hour ago, Scandi said:

That's crazy, totally didn't expect that. And yes, you should definitely go, even if it turns out it's a mistake in the end. You never want to miss an actual appointment with USCIS. 

First time I have heard of this. Keep us updated!

Agreed!

Citizenship Complete!

Well finally finished getting all our interview documents and relationship evidences together for the interview on 8/6.

We even drove the 39 miles to locate where the local field office is and good thing we did that recon, riddled with construction half the way there, but we got this.  Man this has been a wild journey and I expect it to get even wilder until we are completely done!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/20/2020 at 3:59 PM, Sarge2155 said:

@marlasinger Have you heard anything on your interview yet. I got the notice today August 6th!

Yes I finally got the letter, my interview is August 4th! Here we go!! 😬

6 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Well finally finished getting all our interview documents and relationship evidences together for the interview on 8/6.

We even drove the 39 miles to locate where the local field office is and good thing we did that recon, riddled with construction half the way there, but we got this.  Man this has been a wild journey and I expect it to get even wilder until we are completely done!

Good luck! Keep us posted.  Also, would you mind sharing a list of what you have to bring to the interview?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

39 miles, you must be real close to us!! We're just outside Fort Worth.

I will update once my interview is over as mine is before yours and try to give you a heads up as to what to expect 👍

Edited by marlasinger

1 hour ago, marlasinger said:

39 miles, you must be real close to us!! We're just outside Fort Worth.

I will update once my interview is over as mine is before yours and try to give you a heads up as to what to expect 👍

OK good deal yes it's in Irving close to the airport, in fact we had to go almost into the airport to get there or at least my GPS took us that way. I would advise you drive it first to get the feel of the road!

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

OK good deal yes it's in Irving close to the airport, in fact we had to go almost into the airport to get there or at least my GPS took us that way. I would advise you drive it first to get the feel of the road!

Yeah it's always a nightmare around there 🤣 

@Fe.Ta

I broke our materials down into folders (different colors) I prepared a master legend or key if you will so when the IO ask for a document or a evidence I can look on my sheet and locate which color folder it is located in and pull the folder out and locate the document to give to the IO. Here are the documents I am taking:

All forms I-797C (Notice of Actions for AOS) included a I-797 NOA2 for the K1 also cause if you'll notice the interview sheet says bring EVERYTHING they ever sent to you so we are electing to bring all but the kitchen sink!!!!!

Complete copy of the AOS packet and ALL supporting documents

Current year 2019 tax transcript

Job verification letter

2 months of pay stubs

retirement pay letters

USC passport

LPRs arrival documents to include K1 visa and I-94

USC B/C

marriage license

SS card in married name

military ID card

divorce decree (if applicable to you) both USC and LPR

health, dental and vision insurance

life insurances both for USC and LPR listing each other as beneficiaries

ROM (report of marriage) this is Philippines specific

last will and testament to include Texas advance directive and power of attorney

utility bills with both names

bank statements savings and checking

joint credit cards

large purchases receipt (furniture with both names on it)

assorted mail LPR has received at her present location we share

and finally the entire copy of the K1 packet to include all documentation

There is no rental agreement or mortgage contract with both names because I owned our house before we married so I included a mortgage statement to show when the house was purchased before we married! I also used the term LPR as my wife has her GC already. Several documents will be redundant because I did not want to break open the entire AOS packet until and if I need to.

Like I said we threw in everything but the kitchen sink and I would have included that had it fit inside my handy carry bag. As you know with my luck that I have had throughout this visa journey I can't be to unprepared. My motto "better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it!!!!!

Hope this helps everyone!!!!!

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

@marlasinger You know I'm beginning to suspect this maybe a Texas local office thing us getting an interview after the green card is in hand. There are several other couples who got the so called wavier, but only you and I have come forward. Won't you ask your IO after your interview is over why they do it this way and I will be sure to ask also.

Citizenship Complete!

2 hours ago, marlasinger said:

Yes I finally got the letter, my interview is August 4th! Here we go!! 😬

I bet we have the same IO, what you bet!

Citizenship Complete!

15 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

@marlasinger You know I'm beginning to suspect this maybe a Texas local office thing us getting an interview after the green card is in hand. There are several other couples who got the so called wavier, but only you and I have come forward. Won't you ask your IO after your interview is over why they do it this way and I will be sure to ask also.

I was wondering if it was just your local office basically 'checking their work' by holding these late interviews - maybe someone in charge there has taken a specific interpretation of the internal guidelines.

I've been checking my online status every weekday and nothing has changed from the Milwaukee local office for me - status still says card delivered and no sign of a scheduled interview. 

Edited by yoda one for me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.