Sarge2155

Interview has been scheduled...After Green Card is On Hand!

60 posts in this topic

Not sure what to make of this but my wife's GC was issued back in April with the so-called Interview wavier (I'm a September 2019 filer) there is also another September 2019 filer that this just happened to so I thought I had better make a thread about it. Anyway like I said the I-485 was approved and GC was issued back in April 2020 (during Covad ). All of a sudden yesterday the status on USCIS site changed from the post office delivered card to you, to interview was scheduled. I'm dumbfounded of course just like I was getting the wavier. We've been trying to call to speak with a Tier 2 officer but no luck. I'll keep trying of course.

I have a nagging suspicion that this is NO ERROR and we are going to be required to attend this interview once it is scheduled. Reason I say this is simple USCIS has nothing in their files to back up our approval i.e., no documents other than the basic requirements. I am thinking they USCIS want to gather what proofs and documents we have for their files. As I have said I am trying to get a read on this and trying to contact USCIS. It's not like the K1 where I was the petitioner and I could get the information myself, but now my wife is the one that has to inquire or at least give her permission to release this information to me. Going to the interview at this point would just be a slight hassle, as we have plenty of proofs and documents so no worries there. If this has happened to other folks who received the wavier please post here with the outcome of your call to USCIS. I will do the same once we can reach a Tier 2 officer. We have not gotten the interview date yet, but I'll post that here too! All I can say is what the!!!!!!🙃

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

2 minutes ago, James120383 said:

But some reviewer has approved it so back filing the decision i suppose . seems to be a real formality to complete the paperwork 

Yeah I am thinking they want to gather their paperwork from us for their records. Not a big deal as we have loads, just a bit of a hassle at this point.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Just now, Sarge2155 said:

Yeah I am thinking they want to gather their paperwork from us for their records. Not a big deal as we have loads, just a bit of a hassle at this point.

seems like they are approving GC as they have to meet quotas. but this makes no sense. They are all over the places with their processes 

duh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Not sure what to make of this but my wife's GC was issued back in April with the so-called Interview wavier (I'm a September 2019 filer) there is also another September 2019 filer that this just happened to so I thought I had better make a thread about it. Anyway like I said the I-485 was approved and GC was issued back in April 2020 (during Covad ). All of a sudden yesterday the status on USCIS site changed from the post office delivered card to you, to interview was scheduled. I'm dumbfounded of course just like I was getting the wavier. We've been trying to call to speak with a Tier 2 officer but no luck. I'll keep trying of course.

I have a nagging suspicion that this is NO ERROR and we are going to be required to attend this interview once it is scheduled. Reason I say this is simple USCIS has nothing in their files to back up our approval i.e., no documents other than the basic requirements. I am thinking they USCIS want to gather what proofs and documents we have for their files. As I have said I am trying to get a read on this and trying to contact USCIS. It's not like the K1 where I was the petitioner and I could get the information myself, but now my wife is the one that has to inquire or at least give her permission to release this information to me. Going to the interview at this point would just be a slight hassle, as we have plenty of proofs and documents so no worries there. If this has happened to other folks who received the wavier please post here with the outcome of your call to USCIS. I will do the same once we can reach a Tier 2 officer. We have not gotten the interview date yet, but I'll post that here too! All I can say is what the!!!!!!🙃

The fun never ends does it buddy! This stuff is a constant source of entertainment! :bonk:

2 minutes ago, morry & ren said:

The fun never ends does it buddy! This stuff is a constant source of entertainment! :bonk:

I'll say, I have no idea what to make of this!

Citizenship Complete!

Just now, marlasinger said:

I better get some photos done with a facemask so they can compare with how I look at the interview!

Hehehehehe  we got plenty of those lol!

Citizenship Complete!

Hm, interesting. I'll keep this in mind - had started to file away documents for ROC but now I might have to get everything out again.

We only leave the house for grocery shopping every few weeks atm due to covid-19 still being a thing (and on the rise in our state as I understand). Not looking forward to travelling for an interview but if we must, we must.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Hi, I'm a june filler in NY and I'm still waitting an answer. Do you remember which site has your paperwork? Mine is in Lee Summit, MO and in which state are you? 

I also think this are other things that may apply. I belive they approved your case with what they already have. If they want the proof and other papers now, they can ask you to submit it through regular mail. Believe me if they want something, they will contact you. 

And you are right to doble check if it is not a mistake, the USCIS back in January 2020 sent my EAD with my married last name misspelled. It took a month for them to correct the error, I had to send them the card and proofs...I waited another month to get the corrected EAD just to start searching for a job with the COVID19, hahaha! So much fun with this guys 🙃

Please let us know what you find out

Edited by Fer Schvarztman

1 hour ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

Hi, I'm a june filler in NY and I'm still waitting an answer. Do you remember which site has your paperwork? Mine is in Lee Summit, MO and in which state are you? 

I also think this are other things that may apply. I belive they approved your case with what they already have. If they want the proof and other papers now, they can ask you to submit it through regular mail. Believe me if they want something, they will contact you. 

And you are right to doble check if it is not a mistake, the USCIS back in January 2020 sent my EAD with my married last name misspelled. It took a month for them to correct the error, I had to send them the card and proofs...I waited another month to get the corrected EAD just to start searching for a job with the COVID19, hahaha! So much fun with this guys 🙃

Please let us know what you find out

Our local office is Dallas, Texas paperwork started out at NBC (after Chicago). I'll keep you posted of course!

Citizenship Complete!

@Scandi

That's what I'm  hoping we are still trying to call and find out. Thanks.

Citizenship Complete!

Well my wife called USCIS last week and spoke to a Tier 2 Officer. He said that he could see and was aware that she had her GC already. He verified her information then told her that a determination and or and explanation would be forthcoming no later than the 24th of July (this Friday) via email, yeah right how many times have we all heard that!!!! Anyway we posed this question to the officer "What happens if we should get the interview date in the mail BEFORE the email on the 24th?" The officer then replied THEN YOU'LL HAVE TO ATTEND THE INTERVIEW AS SCHEDULED!!!!

According to informed delivery there is a letter from USCIS headed our way today. A dollar to a doughnut it's the interview date!!!!! Looks like we will be attending the interview after all!

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.