48 posts in this topic

Hi, our AoS package ((received on 6/15 by USCIS) was rejected  and returned on 7/13, this is our second rejection.

We included updated I-485 forms and I-944 forms for both my wife (k1) and her child (k2), they both entered the U.S. at the same time in last December.  We also included the NoA approval letter for 129F petition for K1 visa along with AoS,  the  rejection notice (797)  is for k2 child, my wife's rejection notice refers back to her child's notice.  Stated reason is 'Priority date could not be established etc'    Do i need to submit I-130 form?

Attached rejection notice for K2 applicant, advice is appreciated.

Capture.PNG

Edited by erdosnew

Timeline matters! When did you get married?

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

37 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Did you get marry after her first 90 days in the US?

When did they enter the US?  Exact date.

When did you get marry?  Exact date.

They entered U.S. on 12/12/19, and we're married on 01/06/20.  We first filed AoS on 05/06 and was rejected on 05/14 for using outdated i-485 forms.

We resubmitted AoS with new I-485 form and I-944 forms on 6/13 (received by USCIS on 6/15).  

58 minutes ago, erdosnew said:

Hi, our AoS package ((received on 6/15 by USCIS) was rejected  and returned on 7/13, this is our second rejection.

We included updated I-485 forms and I-944 forms for both my wife (k1) and her child (k2), they both entered the U.S. at the same time in last December.  We also included the NoA approval letter for 129F petition for K1 visa along with AoS,  the  rejection notice (797)  is for k2 child, my wife's rejection notice refers back to her child's notice.  Stated reason is 'Priority date could not be established etc'    Do i need to submit I-130 form?

Capture.PNG

seems like a wrongful rejection. This happens all the time 

Edited by James120383

duh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, James120383 said:

Did you file I-130 together with I-485 or filed separately in different mail packages 

Since when does a k1 that married within the 90 days need an i130 ?

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, erdosnew said:

Capture.PNG

"Priority date could not be established" is not the reason for your rejection, it's the consequence. 

99% of rejection letters are generic. They don't specify the correct reason for rejection. You're gonna have to go through your entire application and find the issue.

- Check the edition date of the forms again.

- Check the Part 2, question 2 for form 485.

- Check the category for EAD form.

- Check the payment used and the amount send. The USCIS website says that each application should have their own form of payment. Even though a lot people put everything in one check, money order, credit card, and are accepted, that could be the reason for your rejection.

- A lot of K2s have been rejected lately, pretty much an issue with using only one 864, instead of one for each. Check that as well.

1 hour ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

The letter mentions the I-864 and you didn't mention including it. 

So it seems you forgot the EXTREMELY important affidavit of support. 

HI, my bad of not mentioning it.   We included both I-944 and I-864 forms in the application, for both my wife and her child.  Yes, we combined the payment in one check of $1975 ($1140 + 85 biometric for wife, $750 for child under 14). we filed for I-131 travel and I-765 employment concurrently. 

Box 2c were checked,  Part 2, box 1 was marked 'Principal applicant' for wife, and 'Derivative applicant' for the child.  

Part 2, 11  'are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 240(i),  were marked 'NO' on both I-485 forms.  

Edited by erdosnew

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
27 minutes ago, erdosnew said:

HI, my bad of not mentioning it.   We included both I-944 and I-864 forms in the application, for both my wife and her child.  Yes, we combined the payment in one check of $1975 ($1140 + 85 biometric for wife, $750 for child under 14). we filed for I-131 travel and I-765 employment concurrently. 

Box 2c were checked,  Part 2, box 1 was marked 'Principal applicant' for wife, and 'Derivative applicant' for the child.  

Part 2, 11  'are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 240(i),  were marked 'NO' on both I-485 forms.  

Did you use (c)(9) for EAD?

So you did include an I-944 for each+evidence and an I-864 for each+evidence.

And checked all the necessary boxes correctly. And the info on the underlying petition -I-129f- was included on both I-485, correct? 

Honestly, I have no clue why it could have been rejected.

But there is something off, as they mention an I-130 on the rejection notice. 

16 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

Did you use (c)(9) for EAD?

Filing under another category on the I-765 would not cause a rejection of the whole AOS package, but just the work authorization.

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.