48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Filing under another category on the I-765 would not cause a rejection of the whole AOS package, but just the work authorization.

Not always true.

A different category for EAD means that the EAD has a fee now, which was not included in the check money ordered or credit card form provided. So it will get everything rejected. There are several cases like that here on VJ.

5 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

Not always true.

A different category for EAD means that the EAD has a fee now, which was not included in the check money ordered or credit card form provided. So it will get everything rejected. There are several cases like that here on VJ.

If you check recent cases, just the specific form was rejected and the rejection letter is clear regarding the missing fee. 

In any case, the OP's rejection letter has nothing referring to a rejected I-765 or missing fee. It just mentions the application was not fully completed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
11 hours ago, erdosnew said:

HI, my bad of not mentioning it.   We included both I-944 and I-864 forms in the application, for both my wife and her child.  Yes, we combined the payment in one check of $1975 ($1140 + 85 biometric for wife, $750 for child under 14). we filed for I-131 travel and I-765 employment concurrently. 

Box 2c were checked,  Part 2, box 1 was marked 'Principal applicant' for wife, and 'Derivative applicant' for the child.  

Part 2, 11  'are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 240(i),  were marked 'NO' on both I-485 forms.  

You might have to send in two separate checks, one for payment of I-485 and for for I-130. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, AJ2019 said:

You might have to send in two separate checks, one for payment of I-485 and for for I-130. 

I-130 doesn’t apply to him. But otherwise 1 or 2 checks doesn’t matter at all. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
1 minute ago, Rola1010 said:

how long will take to got my rejection package back after I got my rejection notice from the USCIS?

•  

When our package was rejected, it took a week for us to receive it in the mail. It comes via USPS priority mail package. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Same exact rejection we got. 

Jerks had our package for over a month then rejected the whole thing and sent it back. 

Nothing was off on our forms as well.

I called the Call Center on 2 occasions and received a call back from a level 2 Officer who reviewed our information and the rejection notice and said the rejection was made in error.  She apologized and said she had unfortunately seen a lot of these issues from the Chicago lockbox. So this is a known problem.

Basically your only option is resubmit, as she told us.  I included another letter and evidence addressing the priority date nonsense, including copies of our approved i129f and every noa/letter we have received from USCIS/NVC/Embassy throughout the process.

I also separated the payments instead of using 1 CC form for both.

Well see what happens.  At this point I have zero confidence these idiots are the least bit competent.

Everyone is at the mercy of these people. 

Its merely a matter of luck whether your package gets accepted or not.  Matters not if you filled everything out correctly. You can and will still be rejected if you get the wrong person looking at your files.

Good luck....you will need it.

20 hours ago, erdosnew said:

Hi, our AoS package ((received on 6/15 by USCIS) was rejected  and returned on 7/13, this is our second rejection.

We included updated I-485 forms and I-944 forms for both my wife (k1) and her child (k2), they both entered the U.S. at the same time in last December.  We also included the NoA approval letter for 129F petition for K1 visa along with AoS,  the  rejection notice (797)  is for k2 child, my wife's rejection notice refers back to her child's notice.  Stated reason is 'Priority date could not be established etc'    Do i need to submit I-130 form?

Attached rejection notice for K2 applicant, advice is appreciated.

Capture.PNG

Jerks had our package for over a month then rejected the whole thing and sent it back. 

I called the Call Center on 2 occasions and received a call back from a level 2 Officer who reviewed our information and the rejection notice and said the rejection was made in error.  She apologized and said she had unfortunately seen a lot of these issues from the Chicago lockbox. So this is a known problem.

Basically your only option is resubmit, as she told us.  I included another letter and evidence addressing the priority date nonsense, including copies of our approved i129f and every noa/letter we have received from USCIS/NVC/Embassy throughout the process.

Well see what happens.  At this point I have zero confidence these idiots are the least bit competent.

Its merely a matter of luck whether your package gets accepted or not.  Matters not if you filled everything out correctly. You can and will still be rejected if you get the wrong person looking at your files.

1 hour ago, AC&MH said:

I got the some thing I just went to know when you will got your package after you got this rejection notice .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.