2,967 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Hope4me said:

Greetings family,

My I 485 was denied and EAD cancelled due to spousal withdrawal in 2018. My attorney filed I-360 earlier this year but strangely didn't include I485 and EAD/AP even after we discussed it. I am about to do that myself. While sending to Vermont, should all applications be in same envelope? Do I have to attach the I-360 NOA? I'd appreciate your guidance?

Hi! I'm sorry to hear your i-485 got denied. If it was withdrawn in 2018, how come they just denied your EAD and i-485?

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
On 7/28/2020 at 6:07 AM, sandranj said:

Folks yesterday I had 2 cases approved that I filed in August,2019  and one that I filed in October 2019 approved, but I still have several I360 pending filed  in March and April 2019, that being said if you filed   your VAWA petition between August and October 2019 you may have your case  adjudicated soon.

I filed vawa nov 2018 , I’ll be outside of processing time soon , do I have option for mandamus?@stillwinning@sandraj

Timeline
1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Got my GC first week of March this year! Citizenship takes at least 3yrs for spouses of U.S. citizens...others 5yrs! So yeah...countdown..LOL😊 Thanks so much for the B-day wishes, I appreciate you!💖😘🌹🌼💐🌺

❤️💕

10 minutes ago, Vawa&U said:

I filed vawa nov 2018 , I’ll be outside of processing time soon , do I have option for mandamus?@stillwinning@sandraj

Hi, in my honest opinion filing a mandamus action is too extreme and too soon for a late 2018 case! If someone from 2016/17 compels the government to make a decision it is understandable and justifiable. I suggest you give it some reasonable time. I'm certain you may not need to resort to that kind of extreme action!😊👍

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hi, in my honest opinion filing a mandamus action is too extreme and too soon for a late 2018 case! If someone from 2016/17 compels the government to make a decision it is understandable and justifiable. I suggest you give it some reasonable time. I'm certain you may not need to resort to that kind of extreme action!😊👍

God bless you dear , you’re doing very good 

8 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Goodmorning fam!💖🌟 On this occassion of my birthday,💖🌟 I just want to reach out to anyone who's struggling emotionally or any other way..I have been there, God came through for me, HE will too for you!💖🌟 When I remember how God gave me victory, I'm always happy to help here as much as I can! (Quick Response Squad) lol.😊 there's always a blessing attached to helping others!🌟 Be blessed all. Happy birthday to me 8/8 Much love from me to you..💖🌟

Happy birthday hon. Enjoy and be safe.

3 hours ago, Godschild said:

Why are you scared? The only person that’s worth fearing is God and he’s definitely not that. This is USA, you have rights as a human being regardless of your status. You’ve contacted an attorney, he’s kicked you out, so he should never know where you live again. I changed my number and literally vanished from my ex. I recommend doing the same and keeping communication only through your attorney. If he can prove annulment, then let him try and waste his time. Annulment is not easy in any state. You posted that you have proof showing your marriage is real, so let this fool waste his time. You can only combat fear by standing up to it. He can’t kill you, he can’t touch you and he shouldn’t have any of your contact information in my opinion. If you return his call that will show him he will has control. 

Thank you for your response dear.

2 minutes ago, Deep Clearwater said:

My time line vawa apply 0ct 18              rfe march 19. 

Ead received c09  April 19.

2nd rfe April 20 

Ead c31 received June 20

Case approved july 20

Approval letter received 3rd August 20 

Thanks  everyone  for posting their experience

Keep patience everybody your turn is coming soon 

Congratulations

I hope I hear from them about the approval letter I get my EAD  c31approved on July 22

The card should arrived by Monday

18 minutes ago, Deep Clearwater said:

My time line vawa apply 0ct 18              rfe march 19. 

Ead received c09  April 19.

2nd rfe April 20 

Ead c31 received June 20

Case approved july 20

Approval letter received 3rd August 20 

Thanks  everyone  for posting their experience

Keep patience everybody your turn is coming soon 

Congrats dear! More wins!🙌😊🌹

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 hours ago, melissa.w said:

Hello,
My VAWA is pending from 01.2017, 
I have EAD which expires in October (2020). I requested renewal,  my card has been approved and sent to me. 
The problem is - they issued new EAD  on my meidan name, even though my previous, still active, is on my ex-husband's name. I have SSN and all documents on my husband's last name. I exist in this country on that name. I never changed my last name after divorce, I kept that last name, and now they sent me new EAD on my maiden name. I don't know what should I do now, Should I change all my documents (SSN, Bank, Student ID), or is this USCIS's mistake? I am afraid to send them my new EAD and ask them correction. @sandranj please advice. 

You can only change your name in court order from divorce.  If you did not change your name and kept your last name, you have no choice but to send EAD back and have them correct the last name.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Hi everyone! 

Today I received a letter form a counselor I was seeing for 5 sessions when I was residing with the abuser. (I stopped because it made me feel worse to bring up the ongoing trauma with no relief) I’m not sure whether to include the letter or not. I’ve started seeing a therapist now who is going to write a full report but this would be only to show it was an ongoing abuse. The bad part is that she’s saying that she recommended me seeing a psychologist now only to seek evaluation for immigration purposes. I’m seeing the therapist for the actual help and evaluation as needed for the case. I attached the letter. Please advise. 

1AD5651D-9D2D-48C7-902A-36FE2322543C.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.