2,967 posts in this topic

Hello VJ family,

I sent my documents to USCIS on June 1st and still have't received anything yet, not even the receipt. Is this common to take that long ?
My only concern is because on August 28th is 2 years since i got divorced and one of the requirements for VAWA is to file before 2 years pass. Does it mean that if i don't receive letter until the August 28th that they can qualify my case as not eligible for VAWA? 
If anyone have any experience and can give me some advice would be highly appreciated it.

Thank You

Timeline
24 minutes ago, bRANKLATA said:

Hello VJ family,

I sent my documents to USCIS on June 1st and still have't received anything yet, not even the receipt. Is this common to take that long ?
My only concern is because on August 28th is 2 years since i got divorced and one of the requirements for VAWA is to file before 2 years pass. Does it mean that if i don't receive letter until the August 28th that they can qualify my case as not eligible for VAWA? 
If anyone have any experience and can give me some advice would be highly appreciated it.

Thank You

Hi, you’re good, don’t worry you gonna get your receipt notice. Good luck 👍 

55 minutes ago, bRANKLATA said:

Hello VJ family,

Thank You

Hey there, you just escaped the timeframe by a hair's breadth! Wow! What took you so long hun? Anyway better late than never! You submitted your petition before the two year period lapse..so you should be good. They will pay attention to when the petition was received. If that is taken into consideration, you'll be getting your NOA. Case progress et al are generally crawling at this time..so that may account for the delay. Keep your fingers crossed, prayers up and wait for it!😊👍

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey there, you just escaped the timeframe by a hair's breadth! Wow! What took you so long hun? Anyway better late than never! You submitted your petition before the two year period lapse..so you should be good. They will pay attention to when the petition was received. If that is taken into consideration, you'll be getting your NOA. Case progress et al are generally crawling at this time..so that may account for the delay. Keep your fingers crossed, prayers up and wait for it!😊👍

Thank You @Stillwinning!!!😊

I wasn't aware of VAWA, that was the only reason for applying that late, but i did it. 
It will happen. 

God Bless

2 hours ago, bRANKLATA said:

Hello VJ family,

Thank You

Receipt are taking around 8 weeks to be received. Please I hope you sent your package with Certified mail with a tracking if you did keep the tracking # on hand for proof of the time delivery and received date of the package by Vermont Service Center. For sure they will issue a receipt  and it will be sent to you promptly, but long the road if the officer want to argue 2 years time frame collapse You will have your proof it was sent was with plenty of time. 

@Stillwinning!!!😊   Hey Girl Happy Birthday just saw on messages.. May the Lord bless you tremendously you deserve it :) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 8/7/2020 at 6:09 PM, melissa.w said:

Hello,
My VAWA is pending from 01.2017, 
I have EAD which expires in October (2020). I requested renewal,  my card has been approved and sent to me. 
The problem is - they issued new EAD  on my meidan name, even though my previous, still active, is on my ex-husband's name. I have SSN and all documents on my husband's last name. I exist in this country on that name. I never changed my last name after divorce, I kept that last name, and now they sent me new EAD on my maiden name. I don't know what should I do now, Should I change all my documents (SSN, Bank, Student ID), or is this USCIS's mistake? I am afraid to send them my new EAD and ask them correction. @sandranj please advice. 

Hey there. Not a lawyer or anything, but if it was me I would do 2 things. 1st - contact ombudsman office, since your current card expires pretty soon and you don't want them to spend months fixing this. I remember there was a checkmark on their application that said "clear USCIS error", which is your case. I would file 2 applications with them - online and in paper mail, because I filed mine twice and 1st time online worked while 2nd time they sent me a paper to fill and sign in regular mail.

2nd, when you are done fixing this issue definitely contact congressman and/or ombudsman again to inquire about I360 processing time. It's way outside of normal, they should be able to help you accelerate. 

If you're not familiar on how to contact congressman/ombudsman just google it, there's a ton of info. Congressman you contact by phone, ombudsman via online application and/or mailed paper form.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Hey there. Not a lawyer or anything, but if it was me I would do 2 things. 1st - contact ombudsman office, since your current card expires pretty soon and you don't want them to spend months fixing this. I remember there was a checkmark on their application that said "clear USCIS error", which is your case. I would file 2 applications with them - online and in paper mail, because I filed mine twice and 1st time online worked while 2nd time they sent me a paper to fill and sign in regular mail.

2nd, when you are done fixing this issue definitely contact congressman and/or ombudsman again to inquire about I360 processing time. It's way outside of normal, they should be able to help you accelerate. 

If you're not familiar on how to contact congressman/ombudsman just google it, there's a ton of info. Congressman you contact by phone, ombudsman via online application and/or mailed paper form.

If you're worried about using your original name for work purposes you'll be fine to do so. There's always a spot on applications if you have a name change. And since its your original name, most likely your GC later on will be that name as well ( don't quote me on that) but from what I see ead names and green card names always match up.

15 hours ago, Chicago_315 said:

I though I will get the approval on September as well and it's also my birth month, but God gave it to me earlier. Just keep on praying and trust him with your whole heart and you will never expect what he can do for us.

Hope to hear your approval soon! 😊

Thank you very much!!! I’m hoping so much🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

8 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Smiles..😊 referral is simply what it is! I really don't know about other practices, but where I attended, there is a limited number of times for the sesions they offer(which was free to me anyway)..I was told so by my therapist. After the time they allow has lapsed, they can refer you to other reputable practices if they believe you still need more help. They usually include this detail in their report to show you have been referred for more help. Most people get better without needing more therapy. Often you hear folks here complaining about persistent trauma etc..those people need ongoing therapy/counselling. Attending therapy for a brief period of time just to have evidence of abuse will not help you in the long run if you truly need to heal for your own good!👍😊

👌 👌 understood 

thanks

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/6/2020 at 3:01 PM, Evasn said:

Hi Everyone ,

My case was approved January 27, 2020 (filed June , 2018 ) Do you know how long it takes to get an interview in NY after approved VAWA ? I've heard now it takes 24 months to be scheduled. 

@sandranj could you please advise if thats the case with 24months to wait for an interview in NY? 

Thank you All 

NYC is not taking 2 years to set up the interview, but they are taking long  time, between  12 to 15 months.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, bRANKLATA said:

Hello VJ family,

Thank You

The Law states the person can file a VAWA petition within two years of the end of the marriage.You filed for VAWA before the 2 years then you are good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.