DiegoV

Processing times just changed to 3 years!!?

63 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Unlockable said:

The furlough is reportedly due to a +60% decline in cases due to COVID-19. If cases (and their fees) are not coming in, then a reduction of staff is expected.

It's not just because of the COVID-19. USCIS has had issues with income even before this pandemic (thats why they closed international offices, asked for increase on application fees etc..). That being said covid crisis is definitely going to mean big losses for uscis. 

If there aren't enough applicants and they furlough employees, i am just worried that they will increase the wait times significantly (which really doesn't make sense). 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, James120383 said:

Edited by Loren Y
Removed

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

The changed processing times are obviously just a way for USCIS to get rid of people inquiring about their cases. This way they can tell more or less everyone who calls about their case "sorry, you're still within normal processing times, you just have to wait". No extra strain on Tier 2 officers and so on. 

In reality, those processing times changes don't mean anything, so I don't get the freak outs over this. I can't  even remember a time when the processing times were accurate anyway.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to USCIS Service Centers forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

12 hours ago, Harold_Oakland said:

I just called my Representative and will call both Senator's offices as well but my primary concern was with funding not inefficiency.

USCIS is self-funded from the fees it collects.

8 hours ago, Ikhan said:

I wish they would just accept expedite payments. I'd gladly pay more to start my life with my spouse sooner (cr-1). I just hope the USCIS doesn't hold petitioners hostage and make them protest to the govt to get more funding. 

Yes, and then everyone pays for premium processing, and you're back at square one with the same volume of work, same number of workers, but maybe just slightly less in the red.

6 hours ago, Ikhan said:

Well they are going to furlough employees which could potentially cause everyone's case to be delayed indefinitely. It's already about the money, I wish we had some power to do something to make things faster.

Government furloughs happen all the time....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

USCIS is self-funded from the fees it collects.

That is correct, and in order for this function of government to continue functioning, additional funding is needed, regardless of why.

2-24-16 Petition Sent

2-29-16 Petition Received, Lewisville, TX

3-03-16 NOA1

6-03-16 RFE

6-22-16 NOA2

7-15-16 NVC Received

7-19-16 NVC Case Number Received

7-20-16 NVC Status changed to in route

7-21-16 NVC Status changed to Ready

8-07-16 Packet 3 Received

8-07-16 Packet 3 Sent

8-12-16 Packet 4 Received

8-15-16 Medical Interview

9-06-16 Interview

9-06-16 Additional Documents request

9-29-16 CEAC Status Issued - Approved!

10-9-16 Visa in hand

10-11-16 POE Detroit

7 minutes ago, Harold_Oakland said:

That is correct, and in order for this function of government to continue functioning, additional funding is needed, regardless of why.

The budget isn't set up for that though.  Hence the response to a large downturn in 'funding' (USCIS fees) is met with the solution of reducing costs via furlough, rather than increasing funding.....

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

The budget isn't set up for that though.  Hence the response to a large downturn in 'funding' (USCIS fees) is met with the solution of reducing costs via furlough, rather than increasing funding.....

And I contest that the budget wasn't set up to deal with a dramatic decrease in revenue. This is a function of government mandated to be funded by fees, however right or wrong that mandate is. Nevertheless, it is a function of government and as such, should be given attention in regards to funding as other entities, namely large corporations, have been awarded attention in the way of funding due to a "lack of planning" for a major pandemic.

2-24-16 Petition Sent

3-03-16 NOA1

6-03-16 RFE

6-22-16 NOA2

7-15-16 NVC Received

8-07-16 Packet 3 Sent

9-06-16 Interview

10-9-16 Visa in hand

10-11-16 POE Detroit

1 minute ago, Harold_Oakland said:

And I contest that the budget wasn't set up to deal with a dramatic decrease in revenue. This is a function of government mandated to be funded by fees, however right or wrong that mandate is. Nevertheless, it is a function of government and as such, should be given attention in regards to funding as other entities, namely large corporations, have been awarded attention in the way of funding due to a "lack of planning" for a major pandemic.

Yup, and all you can really do is write those letters.  There will not be a huge overhaul of USCIS any time soon.

Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

Yup, and all you can really do is write those letters.  There will not be a huge overhaul of USCIS any time soon.

For whatever reason it may be that you think there will not be an overhaul, and whether or not I may agree with that reason, I do agree with your conclusion. However, I didn't write my representative and senator to ask for an overhaul, just to ask for emergency funding so the headcount doesn't drop by 92% which would all but grind legal immigration to a halt.

2-24-16 Petition Sent

3-03-16 NOA1

6-03-16 RFE

6-22-16 NOA2

7-15-16 NVC Received

8-07-16 Packet 3 Sent

9-06-16 Interview

10-9-16 Visa in hand

10-11-16 POE Detroit

25 minutes ago, Harold_Oakland said:

For whatever reason it may be that you think there will not be an overhaul, and whether or not I may agree with that reason, I do agree with your conclusion. However, I didn't write my representative and senator to ask for an overhaul, just to ask for emergency funding so the headcount doesn't drop by 92% which would all but grind legal immigration to a halt.

Haha Senators and Representatives. They dont work for anyone anymore in America. They are all sleeping and collecting paycheck for life .

duh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Yes, and then everyone pays for premium processing, and you're back at square one with the same volume of work, same number of workers, but maybe just slightly less in the red.

Then they can have a super premium processing. Lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.