Ozii

US Embassy Medical Exam

36 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

I am not sure this is true for all countries/embassies.  For example, Russian citizens can apply at the US Embassy in Ukraine, as a visitor to Ukraine.

Baghdad ceased all visa services effective Jan 1, 2020, that is what prompted this situation 

Also, Ukraine/ Russia, for immigrant and k1 visas, the foreign post must agree first to transfer the case file before an interview can be scheduled 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

59 minutes ago, Azad Ismail said:

Oh ok. Im confused, will the medical examiner do the examination even though UAE isnt our country of residence?

Hi Azad! Does your wife have UAE resident visa? I am waiting for my interview in Abudhabi as well. I guess US embassy in UAE is going to remain closed for a while now.:-( 

58 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

I am not sure this is true for all countries/embassies.  For example, Russian citizens can apply at the US Embassy in Ukraine, as a visitor to Ukraine.

Probably has something to do with the fact they were the CCCP and so many Russian citizens were actually Ukrainian citizens.  But this is unusual and most of the time this isn't the case. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 hours ago, Azad Ismail said:

Hey Hows it going everyone? I am the petitioner and i am sponsoring my spouse. I am currently at the NVC stage and one of the requirements before my spouse goes in for an interview is a medical exam. Originally my spouses interview location was Baghdad, Iraq U.S. Embassy, but it changed to UAE. Do i take the medical exam in Iraq or UAE?

Note: There is a requirement to take your vaccination records to the medical examiner, my wife does not have one. What should i do?

Hi, we’re going through Abu Dhabi too after Baghdad is closed. NVC confirmed that we do the medical in Baghdad and bring to Abu Dhabi!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Probably has something to do with the fact they were the CCCP and so many Russian citizens were actually Ukrainian citizens.  But this is unusual and most of the time this isn't the case. 

No.  Ukraine does not recognize dual citizenship.  

The US Embassy in Ukraine allowed Russian citizens to apply and interview because of unusually long visa delays in Russia, effective since 2017.

Individuals who normally reside in Russia, but who are unable to apply for a U.S. visa in a timely manner may submit their application in Kyiv. Applicants are not required to be a resident of Ukraine to apply for a visa at U.S. Embassy Kyiv, but must be physically present in Ukraine at the time of visa application and visa interview, as we cannot accept mail-in applications from individuals while they are outside of Ukraine. All applicants should include a local address in Ukraine – hotel, relative, office – when scheduling an appointment for a visa interview. Please note that the applicant or a representative must pay the visa fee at a Raiffeisen Bank branch in Ukraine before scheduling a visa interview. If the visa is approved, passport delivery is only available within Ukraine.

Timeline
1 hour ago, NikLR said:

You complete the medical in the country that you will be interviewing in because you must have residence in that country, either by permanent residence or work or student visa.  You can't interview in a country that you are just a visitor.

1 hour ago, NikLR said:

She will have the medical in the UAE.  She will need to book it after her interview date is given.  Most countries dont allow for a medical without an interview date (but some do.)

This is not correct for Iraqi Citizens. Due to temporary closure of the US Embassy in Baghdad, Iraqi Citizens are interviewing either in Ankara, Doha or Abu Dhabi. All other requirements (such as medical, residency requirements) are still being applied from Iraq. I believe a visitor visa must be acquired once the interview letter has been provided, but that’s about it.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Firuza said:

Hi Azad! Does your wife have UAE resident visa? I am waiting for my interview in Abudhabi as well. I guess US embassy in UAE is going to remain closed for a while now.:-( 

You think? I read that UAE is opening up malls etc now and almost resumes normal operations so I thought that maybe at least for UAE residents the embassies will resume interviews soon ish.

For us from Iraq it will be different because visitor visas will probably take a moment longer

Edited by Quarknase

Timeline
1 hour ago, Azad Ismail said:

e new interview location is about a 10 hour flight from my home country

This is the real bummer lol!

Baghdad has non stop flights to Ankara and Doha once airports re-open - each about 2.5 hr long flights. To Abu Dhabi we have a layover and travel 7-10 hrs 🙄 I was so disappointed and was hoping for Ankara, but my husband (the beneficiary) prefers an Arabic speaking country so he’s happy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

The American embassy in Norway doesn’t do any immigrant visas either, so I had to fly to Sweden to do the interview. The medical was still done in Norway, if that helps at all 🙂

Edited by jules98
Clarification

42 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

You think? I read that UAE is opening up malls etc now and almost resumes normal operations so I thought that maybe at least for UAE residents the embassies will resume interviews soon ish.

For us from Iraq it will be different because visitor visas will probably take a moment longer

I saw video message on Instagram today from USA consulate. They don’t know yet when all visa services are going to reopen again unfortunately. I really hope it will change soon. All the best!

51 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

This is not correct for Iraqi Citizens. Due to temporary closure of the US Embassy in Baghdad, Iraqi Citizens are interviewing either in Ankara, Doha or Abu Dhabi. All other requirements (such as medical, residency requirements) are still being applied from Iraq. I believe a visitor visa must be acquired once the interview letter has been provided, but that’s about it.

This is obviously unusual circumstances because the they aren't doing interviews in Baghdad.  Some South American countries are also doing this.  This isn't something normal.   It is normal for Norwary, denmark etc to interview in Sweden. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

the embassy will send instructions and a document for you to take to the medical exam/  that will explain it all

and list the drs you can do the medical with (or they will say go to the embassy site for a list of drs) but you can not do the exam till you get the notice

Best bet would be to give a call to the embassy you'll have the interview at and ask if they require the medical exam to be done in that country or if you can do it in Iraq. As for the vaccination record, in Romania, all those vaccines are mandatory but I had no record of it. What I found out works is going to the doctor I'm registerd at and just ask them to write me a paper that says I got them done, which I did because they are mandatory. This works for a lot of countries so tell your spouse to go to her doctor and ask if this is possible. 

Filed: Other Country: Iraq
Timeline
8 hours ago, Firuza said:

Heyy!! No, not yet, we havnt applied for a visa. Yah shes doing it in abudhabi too. Any idea how long theyre expected to remain closed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.