dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2020

564 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So I heard back from NVC about my second expedite request. Turns out they keep track and won’t even send your second request to the embassy for them to answer. 
Usually you get two emails:

1. Saying they sent your request to the embassy for them to review. 
2. Email is either a yes or no. 

Today I got the first (and only) email from the NVC sayin that I already had previously requested an expedite and the embassy had already said no and blah blah blah (I stopped reading after I saw what it was about). 
So apparently requesting a second expedite doesn’t work since NVC won’t even forward it to the embassy. 
The only positive thing I got out of the email is that it says “If” something we’re to change that’s different from my previous request then I could ask again. I guess I’d have to fall in a coma or become extremely ill for it to be considered lol. 
anyways, sorry I couldn’t bring better news but I figured it help anybody hoping to try a second expedite. 

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

3 hours ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

So I heard back from NVC about my second expedite request. Turns out they keep track and won’t even send your second request to the embassy for them to answer. 
Usually you get two emails:

1. Saying they sent your request to the embassy for them to review. 
2. Email is either a yes or no. 

Today I got the first (and only) email from the NVC sayin that I already had previously requested an expedite and the embassy had already said no and blah blah blah (I stopped reading after I saw what it was about). 
So apparently requesting a second expedite doesn’t work since NVC won’t even forward it to the embassy. 
The only positive thing I got out of the email is that it says “If” something we’re to change that’s different from my previous request then I could ask again. I guess I’d have to fall in a coma or become extremely ill for it to be considered lol. 
anyways, sorry I couldn’t bring better news but I figured it help anybody hoping to try a second expedite. 

How long did it take you to hear back for an Answer on an expedite? I only got the NVC email last week telling me they will forward my email to the embassy. 

3 hours ago, Bakhtawar Gul said:

Does NVC send you 2 emails regarding expedite? First that they’re reviewing it and second that they’ll forward it to embassy or not? 

They send you one email stating that they forwarded your request to the embassy and another telling you with the embassy approved your expedite or not.

18 hours ago, Alix64 said:

We'll see 😇 thanks David for your encouragements and in perfect French !

Merci! It is my favorite language. And France my favorite country.

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
19 hours ago, Nenz.i said:

Does anyone know where I can find a Greece interview page for people who are waiting to go for an interview? 

Have you tried this page?

https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Greece&page=1&dfilter=5&topic=

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

2 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Thank you so much, but I already tried it and no one ever posts in it ☹️☹️☹️ The last post was from sept 2019.  Im assuming since Greece isn’t too big it’s not too popular with visa applications??? Just a guess lol but thank you so much for your help. 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Nenz.i said:

Thank you so much, but I already tried it and no one ever posts in it ☹️☹️☹️ The last post was from sept 2019.  Im assuming since Greece isn’t too big it’s not too popular with visa applications??? Just a guess lol but thank you so much for your help. 

You're welcome.

In any case, I don't think there are much differences with other countries from the European Community so by reading the ones from France for example (which is also quite scarce I must say), it should give you an idea.  :)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

1 hour ago, MS&JA said:

Hi guys, I thought I'd share some State Dept. updates.

-State Dept. operations in the DC metro area will go into Phase I on June 15

-Spain has resumed US Citizen mail-in passport services as of June 11- Germany has done the same thing. I assume other Schengen facilities are doing the same thing but there's too many to check page by page.

-The Wuhan Consulate will be reopening later this month

-Greenland is open

According to the State Department plan, if facilities can sustain conditions for 14 days after Phase I, they can move to Phase II, and if they do so for another 14 days, they move on to Phase III.

As a result, if all goes well (and that's also doubtful on its own) Phase III could be reached in as little as 28 days from June 15.

This group has been very helpful to us and we hope everyone can be reunited/go home as soon as possible. 

Have a nice weekend! 

Looks like the Australian embassies are also processing mail in passport applications as of June 10th.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Nenz.i said:

I have a question and sorry if it’s a stupid one. If you get accepted for an expedite from the embassy, what does that exactly mean? You will be scheduled an interview first after the embassy opens? 

I believe an approved expedite will put you in the front of the line for an interview once they resume visa services, but if you are granted an emergency interview it will happen while visa services are still suspended. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.