34 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, ashmed246 said:

There you go. Sorry about the rejection. Make the correction and resubmit. 

Thank you for pointing that out.. just curious would I have to file all the new documents or can I just correct it by filling it in? 

Edited by Xdnguyen315
Oops double message sorry for error

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

For your safety please don’t post your entire case number 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

I reported your post to the moderators, so they can remove the picture with case number. It's never a good idea to post personal information like that in a public forum. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, Xdnguyen315 said:

Thank you for pointing that out.. just curious would I have to file all the new documents or can I just correct it by filling it in? 

Check online if they updated any of the forms in the meantime. If not you can just correct it otherwise you have to do it again with the newest edition date.

1 hour ago, Marieke H said:

I reported your post to the moderators, so they can remove the picture with case number. It's never a good idea to post personal information like that in a public forum. 

I apologize.. 

15 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Check online if they updated any of the forms in the meantime. If not you can just correct it otherwise you have to do it again with the newest edition date.

I got mine through the USCIS website so I believe it should be newest edition 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Xdnguyen315 said:

I apologize.. 

I got mine through the USCIS website so I believe it should be newest edition 

Yea but that's a while ago. You should check again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 minute ago, Xdnguyen315 said:

So let’s say it is the most updated version I can just correct it by filling it in without having it to do all over again right?

As long as you have the correct and current version, I usually recommend just reprinting that 1 page of the PDF file from the USCIS website, and just redoing that page instead of the whole petition. I think that would be the best. But you may be able to just mark the correct box since you left it blank to begin with, so you don't have to change anything, just add the right checked box.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

3 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

As long as you have the correct and current version, I usually recommend just reprinting that 1 page of the PDF file from the USCIS website, and just redoing that page instead of the whole petition. I think that would be the best. But you may be able to just mark the correct box since you left it blank to begin with, so you don't have to change anything, just add the right checked box.

Thank you for your help 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, Xdnguyen315 said:

Thank you. By any chance do you know if I gotta redo all the documents or can I just correct it on the same documents 

My first attempt was rejected due to an outdated form. I printed all forms AGAIN just in case USCIS updated them while I didn't notice it. It's up to you but there's a chance that you might have left other fields blank but they ended up finding only 1 and sent you a rejection. If I were you, I would read the instructions and complete the forms again. Also, I re-used most evidence from the first packet but for some such as paystubs, bank statements and credit report, I included the most recent records just in case. My second packet was delivered and accepted. 

Some people reported that their applications were rejected 2 times in March or April so it's possible to get it rejected again if you don't get it right this time. I would carefully review them all.

Edited by Gak

21 minutes ago, Gak said:

My first attempt was rejected due to an outdated form. I printed all forms AGAIN just in case USCIS updated them while I didn't notice it. It's up to you but there's a chance that you might have left other fields blank but they ended up finding only 1 and sent you a rejection. If I were you, I would read the instructions and complete the forms again. Also, I re-used most evidence from the first packet but for some such as paystubs, bank statements and credit report, I included the most recent records just in case. My second packet was delivered and accepted. 

Some people reported that their applications were rejected 2 times in March or April so it's possible to get it rejected again if you don't get it right this time. I would carefully review them all.

That is very good to know, thank you for this information. I will just resubmit with all new documents and attached the green rejection paper as instructed on top.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I read today that on April 20 they changed the expiration date of the form i-485 from 10/31/2021 to 10/31/2020, so if you downloaded the form before that date, make sure to print the new one!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

when I fill out forms, I fill the easy questions first, the ones I know in my head. then I save the form, and print it out. I read the form, and yellow highlight the questions missing. then I go back and fill the rest of the form. I print the form again, then I reread the form 10 times over a 10 day period. I had nothing rejected, ever. Also when one step of the immigration was done, I did not wait, I started the paperwork for the next step. Just before sending in any forms, I pulled up the latest version from USCIS and filled this one out, with the copy, thet I had worked on, in front of me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.