1,215 posts in this topic

Guys - can someone help me out? 

I'm currently freaking out. My mom is acting as a household member since I graduated from college last year and never filed for taxes. Considering coronavirus is going on, her 2019 taxes haven't been finished yet. So I uploaded her transcripts from 2016, 2017, and 2018. I uploaded her W2 for 2019. But I just called NVC and the lady on the phone told me I'm going to need to upload her W2 from 2018 since she filed jointly. THE THING IS I UPLOADED MY DOCUMENTS APRIL 16 and I really dont want to get pushed back a month later. Can anyone help me? Has anyone had any problems with this?

Edited by Nenz.i

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sunshinestatefl said:

Finally DQ 🥰 Today May 14, 2020

Submitted all documents Feb 20th

and April 23rd submitted W2's because I realize persons getting RFE for it in the groups.

FYI: I was not pushed back in line because of my lastest submission. 

I was so fraustrated waiting for so long ,now my mind can be at ease. Waiting on embassy to reopen.

Thank you lord.😊😊😊

Congratulations! I just submitted everything earlier this week so I've got a bit to wait. I have a question though, how can you tell if you got pushed back in line or not?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Nenz.i said:

Guys - can someone help me out? 

I'm currently freaking out. My mom is acting as a household member since I graduated from college last year and never filed for taxes. Considering coronavirus is going on, her 2019 taxes haven't been finished yet. So I uploaded her transcripts from 2016, 2017, and 2018. I uploaded her W2 for 2019. But I just called NVC and the lady on the phone told me I'm going to need to upload her W2 from 2018 since she filed jointly. THE THING IS I UPLOADED MY DOCUMENTS APRIL 16 and I really dont want to get pushed back a month later. Can anyone help me? Has anyone had any problems with this?

Hello,

no need to freak out ;) you’re mom’s right if you submit 2018 transcript then you’d also need to submit 2018 W2 along with it.

I’m not sure why you uploaded 2017 and 2016 as well since only the most recent tax year is required, but based on NVCs latest RFEs you might want to upload those W2s as well to be on the safe side. Maybe others who used household member sponsor can provide their opinion

I need your help!

My husband and I are living together abroad. for that we need a joint sponsor. We found a joint sponsor but we are also going to live with him first before we can go to our own place.

Do we fill in another 864 or 864a for him? Its so confusing to me if we need to add his income as an household member or joint sponsor. Or is the a only needed for his wife/kids/roommate living with him?

Please help!

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

34 minutes ago, Rosie91 said:

My husband and I are living together abroad. for that we need a joint sponsor. We found a joint sponsor but we are also going to live with him first before we can go to our own place.

Use 864 (joint sponsor) since currently your address on your documents do not match his/her filled out 864 or 864a.

If you use 864a you may get an RFE to change to joint sponsor since household sponsor does not apply right now. 

And you never know, plans may change and you may not live with this person, so it is safer to go joint sponsor.

I submitted household, got RFE to submit joint instead.

Hope this helps.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

54 minutes ago, Nenz.i said:

THE THING IS I UPLOADED MY DOCUMENTS APRIL 16 and I really dont want to get pushed back a month later.

Don't think you will (but I can't say for sure) because I am seeing a lot of people add additional docs later on and it did not impact their review time from first submitted document. 

I submitted 10 Feb and added documents 24 Feb, but based on the message from NVC I heard back based on my first submission date.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

35 minutes ago, TamMhmd said:

Don't think you will (but I can't say for sure) because I am seeing a lot of people add additional docs later on and it did not impact their review time from first submitted document. 

I submitted 10 Feb and added documents 24 Feb, but based on the message from NVC I heard back based on my first submission date.

I just called and ask and the lady told me they look at documents based on last submission date. So this really sucks. 

9 minutes ago, David Utomi said:

Just got DQed.

First submission - 30 March

RFE - 29 April

DQed - 14 May

Can't stop smiling.

Wow, look at these dates! I'd say you are very blessed. Congrats! 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

2 hours ago, JenIE said:

Congratulations! I just submitted everything earlier this week so I've got a bit to wait. I have a question though, how can you tell if you got pushed back in line or not?

If you follow NVC timeline you will you have an idea.For example, I submitted Feb 20th and added an additional document april 23rd. NVC website states they are reviewing documents submitted Feb 13. If that timeline had reached March and my documents were not reviewed then I would definitely think I was pushed back because of April last submission.That's just my theory.

46 minutes ago, Nenz.i said:

I just called and ask and the lady told me they look at documents based on last submission date. So this really sucks. 

They told me the samething when I called but I did it anyway to avoid additional delays.Plus I read about persons in the previous month that did the samething and their documents were still reviewed based on first submission.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.