Unlockable

Official Executive Order for Suspending Entry of Immigrants

824 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
6 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Subsection (v) says "child." All immigration related proclamations treat "child" as under 21. This is confirmed by DOS: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/presidential-proclamation-coronavirus.html "All five proclamations provide exceptions to the restrictions for lawful permanent residents of the United States.  Some exceptions include, but are not limited to: foreign diplomats traveling to the United States on A or G visas and certain family members of U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents including; spouses, children (under the age of 21), parents (provided that his/her U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident child is unmarried and under the age of 21), and siblings (provided that both the sibling and the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident are unmarried and under the age of 21).  There is also an exception for air and sea crew traveling to the United States on C, D or C1/D visas."

ahhh that makes a lot more sense then 😃

52 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

his spouse and children to follow under (ii) and (v) respectively.

If the principal applicant goes alone to an unrestricted country (e.g. Mexico) for 14 days and then enters the US, the principal applicant becomes a LPR at US entry. Then the spouse and children would be exempt from the UK and Ireland proclamation per the subsections you mentioned.

Edited by HRQX

Timeline
4 minutes ago, HRQX said:

If the principal applicant goes alone to an unrestricted country (e.g. Mexico) for 14 days and then enters the US, the principal applicant becomes a LPR at US entry. Then the spouse and children would be exempt from the UK and Ireland proclamation per the subsections you mentioned.

This! Teamwork makes the dream work hehe. @ashp65 maybe this is an option for you? Read our back and forth on page 42 and 43 for context. Sounds much better than spending two weeks in a third country with the entire family

34 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

This! Teamwork makes the dream work hehe. @ashp65 maybe this is an option for you? Read our back and forth on page 42 and 43 for context. Sounds much better than spending two weeks in a third country with the entire family

My wife is the principle applicant, not sure she would be keen on this, however, this is certainly a better workaround.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Work wants me to give them a date since they're supposed to schedule hours until September and asked me when to quit. It'd be super cool if there was more news. I want to tell them August, but if this gets pushed back further I'll be without a job. If it turns out that they do reopen in June, I'll already have to wait another two months if I do tell them August and I'd want to travel as soon as possible.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, sl1pstream said:

Work wants me to give them a date since they're supposed to schedule hours until September and asked me when to quit. It'd be super cool if there was more news. I want to tell them August, but if this gets pushed back further I'll be without a job. If it turns out that they do reopen in June, I'll already have to wait another two months if I do tell them August and I'd want to travel as soon as possible.

I’m in the same boat. I have 3 months of leave notice and I was supposed to hand it in in March but didn’t because of obvious reasons. I’m stuck in a limbo right now and I really hope we get some news soon. I remember reading that updates about the EO should be issued no longer than 50 days after the day it went “live”, but to be honest, it feels like deadlines mean nothing right now 

Timeline
1 hour ago, agataa said:

I’m in the same boat. I have 3 months of leave notice and I was supposed to hand it in in March but didn’t because of obvious reasons. I’m stuck in a limbo right now and I really hope we get some news soon. I remember reading that updates about the EO should be issued no longer than 50 days after the day it went “live”, but to be honest, it feels like deadlines mean nothing right now 

They literally just told me that upper management is going to force me to take 3 months. So I guess I'm typing up a resignation letter tonight. If it's not fixed by September I'll find a temp job or just sit at home for a bit until it's time.

Edited by sl1pstream

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
43 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

They literally just told me that upper management is going to force me to take 3 months. So I guess I'm typing up a resignation letter tonight. If it's not fixed by September I'll find a temp job or just sit at home for a bit until it's time.

We are living in so much uncertainty right now it’s devastating. Have you tried requesting an emergency interview? I really hope everything works out. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, NatashaK1 said:

We are living in so much uncertainty right now it’s devastating. Have you tried requesting an emergency interview? I really hope everything works out. 

I don't even have my paperwork yet, it arrived at the embassy a week after everything got locked down. I talked work down to the end of July, regional manager is going to sign it on Friday. If things don't reopen by then that's fine, I just can't risk being able to fly and still have to work for 3 more months.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
2 hours ago, sl1pstream said:

Yeah, I might follow in your footsteps but I just saw that the embassy in Pakistan is canceling interviews through July and August and even though I’m not from there, I’m sure that applies to embassies everywhere :(

Timeline

Honestly I am not sure if anyone should cancel their job at this point. Once embassies re-open there will be a backlog of currently 3 months (5 months of they resume in September), some embassies (NL for instance) announced that they will give student visas preference since the semester will start soon. From there you can anticipate immediate family members to have preference (which I am guessing but it’s logical to me) after all cancelled interviews have been re-scheduled. Due to social distancing, it’s likely that much less interviews will be available throughout a day.

I’m not saying this to bring down anyone’s mood, but we need to anticipate a long delay at this point.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Honestly I am not sure if anyone should cancel their job at this point. Once embassies re-open there will be a backlog of currently 3 months (5 months of they resume in September), some embassies (NL for instance) announced that they will give student visas preference since the semester will start soon. From there you can anticipate immediate family members to have preference (which I am guessing but it’s logical to me) after all cancelled interviews have been re-scheduled. Due to social distancing, it’s likely that much less interviews will be available throughout a day.

I’m not saying this to bring down anyone’s mood, but we need to anticipate a long delay at this point.

Oh no, I'm well aware of the risks with quitting now. I'm also thinking that if I do work another couple of months, I'll have some money saved up by the time I actually get to go, so money won't be that big of a problem, the only thing that I'm worried about is boredom, if things do take longer than intended. But there's a remake of Tony Hawk Pro Skater coming out in September, so I'll probably sink a decent amount of time into that while we wait. :P

I also don't really expect our embassy to be super busy. My fiancee wanted me to quit now, because none of our stupid customers wear their stupid masks when they go shopping for stupid things in our stupid mall and she's worried that I'll get it. I just couldn't sit at home for 6 months doing nothing, so at least I'm cutting that period down by three full months.

If work didn't have to make schedules until September I probably wouldn't have quit yet either, but if I can't actually quit before December, I don't want to miss the window if I get one, I'm expecting numbers to go up again in fall so I'm afraid that the borders might close up again, if they actually open before then. I want to be able to travel there the moment I get the chance to do so.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.