cacolac323

So you're supposed to die alone? (COVID-19)

91 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Boiler said:

There is a massive variance in the numbers for flu, no reason to believe there will not be for this as well. And seems reasonable that those most susceptible to flu will also be to this.

On the other hand children under 5 are very vulnerable to the flu and at this point don't seem to get severe symptoms from Covid-19 at all. I don't think there is any reason to assume that 2 different viruses would react similarly in all groups. Their are significant differences in the mechanisms of pathology.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

CNN: Infected people without symptoms might be driving the spread of coronavirus more than we realized

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/14/health/coronavirus-asymptomatic-spread/index.html

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

2012 - US Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

2012 - First Night spent in the US - Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

2016 - Wedding on the beach, Honolulu, Hawaii

2016 - Honeymoon at the hotel in this photo, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

2016 - US Spousal Visa, via DCF, Manila, Philippines

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2007 - Visited Philippines on vacation

2008 - Got a condo in Makati, PH

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

06/2011 - Met Spouse in Makati, Philippines

01/2012 - B1/B2 Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

10/2016 - Married in Hawaii

11/2016 - Filed for Spousal Visa DCF, in Manila, Philippines

12/2016 - POE, CR-1 Status Received

10/2018 - ROC I-751 Received by USCIS

10/2019 - Filed for Citizenship, N-400

03/2020 - Citizenship Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Made it back to Vegas, Had almost the entire plane to myself. think there were about 10 people on the whole plane. Don't see the airlines staying in business very long, but hopefully they fly long enough to get a few more dollar routes in. Security was a breeze, I don't think they even cared, even the terrorists are scared of the virus, so no hijacked planes, you can walk right on. I will say it did look like mayhem in the international terminal, I would not want to be coming here from outside the US at the current time.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

2 hours ago, geowrian said:

We have vaccines for the flu. We have antivirals for the flu. We have other supportive equipment and treatments for the flu.

The only means we have to address COVIS-19 are to 1) prevent somebody from getting it in the first place, and 2) provide supportive care as available.

Social distancing, personal care, etc. address item #1 to limit exposure, so that #2 is maximized. Otherwise we have to start deciding that Jimmy can live but John will die instead, because enough supportive equipment - and medical staff - are unavailable.

Without these strong measures, expect ~50% or greater growth in cases per day. That has been the trend with other countries already until they implemented lock downs, mandatory quarantines, etc.

That may only be hundreds or thousands (or even tens of thousand in some areas..) of infections right now, but it becomes tens or hundreds of thousands within a couple weeks. Then millions....until it finally saturates.

At that point, expect more deaths than the flu, drunk drivers, etc.

Look at past pandemics for what to expect. Millions die if they are not dealt with severely. This not something where just washing your hands and coughing into elbows will avoid now.

You (any skeptics who may read this) may not care about getting it, but I do. There's a decent chance it will kill me if I get it. And if not kill me, it will likely have severe consequences still.

There's a good chance if I get and the hospitals do not have equipment available, it will be given to somebody with a greater expected lifespan.

It may be an inconvenience, economic harm, and overblown to you. But for me, it's my life. For my parents, it may or may not be theirs too.

There's a reason pretty much every medical professional advises these types of measures. I tend to take their word over strangers on the Internet.

Since when did listening to doctors for medical advice make people sheep?

Our hospital just cancelled all elective surgeries for the next 30 days, as have many others in the area. I have never seen  that happen ever. They are not taking any chances and want to have as many beds available as possible. They really expect to need them. They also expect to be dealing with staff shortages. If anyone is skeptical about how bad this could get these kind of measures should be reinforcing that we need to take this seriously, and do everything we can to limit the impact and spread of this virus. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Posted by a couple of friends today on Facebook -- I found it pretty effective at making me take it seriously.

I do understand the feeling of not seeing your family.  Just so the OP understands.  My husband is here, but none of my family. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

21 hours ago, geowrian said:

You (any skeptics who may read this) may not care about getting it, but I do. There's a decent chance it will kill me if I get it. And if not kill me, it will likely have severe consequences still.

There's a good chance if I get and the hospitals do not have equipment available, it will be given to somebody with a greater expected lifespan.

It may be an inconvenience, economic harm, and overblown to you. But for me, it's my life. For my parents, it may or may not be theirs too.

There's a reason pretty much every medical professional advises these types of measures. I tend to take their word over strangers on the Internet.

Since when did listening to doctors for medical advice make people sheep?

i am considered "high" risk too for several medical conditions coupled with age and am starting to be symptomatic, no fever, just cough that wont go away and extreme fatigue. If i get a fever, then i may want to check about being tested. even if i get sick though, there is nothing that can take me out. i am too stubborn to let it lol. I am guessing my wife will be tested before me since she works at a nursing home.

i am working from home right now because my boss pulled a few strings just for me, even though our company doesnt want anyone working from home even though we have hundreds of people in our department alone who are able to do so because we all have laptops

of course the execs can pull the "abundance of caution" bit and decide THEY can work from home whenever they feel like it

at any rate, i agree with you, who am i more likely to believe? the scientists and doctors or some random moron on the internet? especially the ones selling idiotic conspiracy theories.

Edited by Prizm123

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

4 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

i am considered "high" risk too for several medical conditions coupled with age and am starting to be symptomatic, no fever, just cough that wont go away and extreme fatigue. If i get a fever, then i may want to check about being tested. even if i get sick though, there is nothing that can take me out. i am too stubborn to let it lol. I am guessing my wife will be tested before me since she works at a nursing home.

All the best to you both.

My wife is an RN in the ICU, and we just had our first case in our county....so she'll likely be seeing a few COVID-19 patients in the coming weeks (they did have a coronavirus patient this week, but not COVID-19).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

@Frank77777 So, did you make it? How are you doing? What happened?

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/health/coronavirus-vaccine-first-dose-participant/index.html

Coronavirus vaccine trial administers first dose to participant

By Michael Nedelman, CNN

Updated 5:46 AM ET, Tue March 17, 2020

Scientists race to develop coronavirus vaccine 02:24

(CNN)

A novel coronavirus vaccine trial in the US has now given a dose to its first participant, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases announced Monday.

The study aims to enroll a total of 45 healthy adults over a six-week time frame. Each participant will receive two injections about a month apart in varying doses.

There is currently no vaccine for coronavirus, which has spread to 4,477 reported cases across 49 states, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands and the District of Columbia. At least 87 people have died.

The study, which is a Phase I trial, is meant to establish that the vaccine is safe and induces a desired response from participants' immune systems. Proving that the vaccine is effective in preventing Covid-19 infection, however, will require follow-up studies involving many more participants, which will take many more months, experts say.

"Finding a safe and effective vaccine to prevent infection with (the novel coronavirus) is an urgent public health priority," NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci said in a statement Monday. "This Phase 1 study, launched in record speed, is an important first step toward achieving that goal."

The trial is funded by NIAID and run out of the Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute in Seattle. The vaccine, which uses genetic material called messenger RNA, was developed by NIAID scientists in collaboration with the biotech company Moderna.

The agency credited the speed with which it stood up a Phase I trial to its prior studies on related coronaviruses SARS and MERS. Scientists had previously worked on an experimental MERS vaccine targeting a protein on the virus' surface, which gave them a "head start for developing a vaccine candidate to protect against Covid-19," the statement said.

In the time it will take for a vaccine to go through its trials, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the most effective precautions are thorough hand washing and social distancing practices that limit gathering in large groups.
Edited by Suze1

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

PETITIONER (from NYC)

SUMMARY TIMELINE

@Frank77777

Hey Frank!

Hope all is well.

Did you make it to America?

What was your journey like? How was transit through London, etc.?

Cheers.

Edited by Suze1

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

PETITIONER (from NYC)

SUMMARY TIMELINE

19 hours ago, Suze1 said:

@Frank77777

Hey Frank!

Hope all is well.

Did you make it to America?

What was your journey like? How was transit through London, etc.?

Cheers.

Hey all is ok nobody to control my in london .. they Processing my cr1 visa for 10 min no questions nothing just congratulation :) nobody look my fever  i feel good and healthy 

1 hour ago, Frank77777 said:

Hey all is ok nobody to control my in london .. they Processing my cr1 visa for 10 min no questions nothing just congratulation :) nobody look my fever  i feel good and healthy 

Outstanding!

Good for YOU!

Glad you made it.

WELCOME TO THE US!

Take good care and ENJOY!

Cheers.

Suze1

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

PETITIONER (from NYC)

SUMMARY TIMELINE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.