Greenbaum

MARCH 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to Embassy

694 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/6/2020 at 11:22 PM, ashley_ann said:

thanks Greenbaum for the clarification wasn't sure just given this whole corvid 19, but glad to hear I can start it as I'm running out of things to do at home 😂

as well as find some one open to do photos 🤞

Just don't submit it.

You don't even have your case #, nor has it even been sent to Montreal.

Montreal hasn't sent your packet 3. Until you receive that in the mail/email you shouldn't submit it, because it clearly asks if you read something from that packet, and clicking yes and submitting it would be lying. 

50 minutes ago, Zaraliaya said:

Just don't submit it.

Montreal hasn't sent your packet 3. Until you receive that in the mail/email you shouldn't submit it, because it clearly asks if you read something from that packet, and clicking yes and submitting it would be lying. 

The DS-160 can be completed and submitted. There is nothing in the P3 that states it can't be submitted until such and such happens. What is asked from the P3 is the following:

https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf

1. Confirmation receipt with barcode number of the completed Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application DS-160.

Now, I may be mistaken and if so correct me if I am wrong and can you provide links to the information or a screen shot of the actual item that we are discussing. I would like to learn from your knowledge. Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, EllaC said:

@Greenbaum 

I have lost my job due to the COVID-19. We have received our NOA2 on 23rd of March.

At the moment the consulate in Naples is still closed, but I was wondering, if I don't manage to get a job by the time the consulate opens again for the public, will I be able to use just savings for the I-134?

I was reading that I must have three times the poverty line amount ($21,550). Is that correct? What about for the I-864 for the GC?

There are too many variables that we can't answer yet. We don't know how the embassy is going to treat those who had a job prior to the virus. Until that gets cleared I or anyone else cannot say with a certainty what will or will not be considered. Let's not get ahead of ourselves until we learn more when the embassies begin to open. I believe Italy will be one of the last to open and therefore we will have some learning from the others who have opened ahead of Italy.  :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

@Greenbaum I got my NOA2 hard copy by mail by April 3rd, it seems we got approved on March 31st but uscis updated the status until April 1st, as soon as I got the hard copy I emailed NVC as you instructed to update our email addresses, we got no confirmation email, are we suppose to get something? Should I call NVC instead?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

@Greenbaum are we supposed to get something from NVC, it's been 40 days since my NOA2 on march 3rd. Nothings came in the mail.  I did call the 18th and got a case number which when I check it on the ceac site just says at NVC. Isn't there a welcome letter or something? Does it even matter to get it of o have the case number?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Zaraliaya said:

Just don't submit it.

I can see all the valid points you've made. I did complete it based on what Greenbaum had advised and others have done in the past.

The reading material you mentioned that is provided to you in a packet is true however there is a link in the DS160 when you are at the end of the form that guides you to a pdf copy of the exact same thing and I read it all before clicking yes :) 

The only thing I noticed was no way to pay fees which I'm assuming this option is not available due to closures. 

Here is the link to where I was directed while filing out the last bit on my DS160. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/imbra.html

Edited by ashley_ann

3 hours ago, RoxyJen said:

@Greenbaum I got my NOA2 hard copy by mail by April 3rd, it seems we got approved on March 31st but uscis updated the status until April 1st, as soon as I got the hard copy I emailed NVC as you instructed to update our email addresses, we got no confirmation email, are we supposed to get d

something? Should I call NVC instead?

According to the PDF "your mileage may vary". No need to call. We are in a pandemic and the governmental offices and the embassies are running with a skeleton and in some cases completely closed. Nothing is going to happen until this virus dissipates. 

3 hours ago, TeamWelshican said:

@Greenbaum are we supposed to get something from NVC, it's been 40 days since my NOA2 on March 3rd. Nothings came in the mail.  I did call the 18th and got a case number which when I check it on the ceac site just says at NVC. Isn't there a welcome letter or something? Does it even matter to get it of o have the case number? 

Nothing comes from NVC until your file "leaves the building". According to the PDF file that is every other Tuesday, but only if the embassy will accept the file. Otherwise it will sit at NVC and will show on CEAC that it is "at NVC".  Again, Normal. When your file arrives at NVC there is nothing like a welcome letter. Normal. Along the way you will receive a NOA1, NOA2, email from NVC that your file has shipped and instructions from your embassy. Normal. Everything that I put in the PDF is Normal. Calling NVC is recommended to shave off 2-4 weeks from having to not be able to do your "in country" document gathering with appointments for medical and interview. I would assume sooner is better, so I recommend reading and following along with the PDF.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, ashley_ann said:

I can see all the valid points you've made. I did complete it based on what Greenbaum had advised and others have done in the past.

The reading material you mentioned that is provided to you in a packet is true however there is a link in the DS160 when you are at the end of the form that guides you to a pdf copy of the exact same thing and I read it all before clicking yes :) 

The only thing I noticed was no way to pay fees which I'm assuming this option is not available due to closures. 

Here is the link to where I was directed while filing out the last bit on my DS160. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/imbra.html

Well, if it doesn't matter for the DS-160 then whatever I guess. I've been going off what everyone else from Canada has been saying (FB Group).

As for the fee, you only pay that for when you go to book your interview -- when you are told to in your packet 4 -- And you can't book right now anyway since they stopped them for who knows how long.
And I'm sure the people who got cancelled get first pick of dates, and then the the packets in order of received, but idk how they're gonna do it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Zaraliaya said:

Well, if it doesn't matter for the DS-160 then whatever I guess. I've been going off what everyone else from Canada has been saying (FB Group).

As for the fee, you only pay that for when you go to book your interview -- when you are told to in your packet 4 -- And you can't book right now anyway since they stopped them for who knows how long.
And I'm sure the people who got cancelled get first pick of dates, and then the the packets in order of received, but idk how they're gonna do it.

Thanks for letting me know when the fee is to be paid that's good to know and I am aware that bookings are not available :) 

And of course the ones who got canceled should get priority. We will just have to see how everything plays out but at the end we are all gonna get there 😊

I havent been able to fill out the DS-160 because my fiance couldnt pick up her passport and now with agencies being closed is very difficult. I know i need the passport information to fill the form out..veey frustrating...is it going to affect me alot that i wont be able to get the form done untill this caos is over with this virus?

28 minutes ago, B&O0302 said:

I haven't been able to fill out the DS-160 because my fiancé couldn't pick up her passport and now with agencies being closed is very difficult. I know I need the passport information to fill the form oy vey. frustrating...is it going to affect me a lot that I won't be able to get the form done until this chaos is over with this virus?

There is no rush to complete the DS-160 but I understand your frustration. Don't blame her. No one could have predicted what we are experiencing. This distancing will end soon, and things will begin to get back to normal at which time she can get the passport and you can complete the DS-160. Be safe out there.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 4/6/2020 at 11:36 AM, Kariz said:

on my NOA2 letter, it says the expiration is July 27, but my  fiance is planning on moving to the states in spetember. Will i have to request an  extension? Does the expiration date on the NOA2 signify the person has to enter USA by that date with K1 visa OR that the k1 process (embass interview) need to be completed by the expiration date? I was under the impression that K1 fiances had  months to enter USA from the date the visa is issued not NOA2...

I have the same thing ours NOA2 expiration is July 17th. You must do the Biometric, Physical and the interview before that date. After the interview your fiancé has up to 6 months to come to the USA and then you must marry in 90 days.

5 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

There is no rush to complete the DS-160 but I understand your frustration. Don't blame her. No one could have predicted what we are experiencing. This distancing will end soon, and things will begin to get back to normal at which time she can get the passport and you can complete the DS-160. Be safe out there.

Thanks

Our status on CEAC is “no status”. I’m guessing they stopped shipping to NVC

Packet Sent 10/18

Delivered to Lockbox 10/21

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.