OliverBa

Coronavirus in China

110 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Yu1988 said:

Thanks! Wondering if it is easy to get re-issued.

Based on current law and policy - definitely a new DS x60 form, medical and interview.   Maybe updated financials and sponsorship forms. 

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Yu1988 said:

Anyone one knows when the travel ban will be lifted? My fiancé's K1 visa is due to expire in early June. We don't know what to do.

If your fiancé already has the visa, they can come to America, just go to Thailand for 15 days and then fly to America. What are they waiting for? 

sidenote: if been hearing embassies to reopen in the next two weeks 

DCF China

07/15/2018: Married

10/22/2018: Filed I-130 @ Guangzhou Embassy

11/06/2018: Received Emailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/27/2018: Received Mailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/28/2018: Interview at the Embassy

12/15/2018: We were informed by letter from the embassy that based on how we got married, that we were not legally married technically and therefore could not file an I-130, unless we could provide evidence showing that our marriage license would be recognized by the issue authority (the Court).

Jan-July 2019: Attempted unsuccessfully to get married in 5 other countries; my fiancé's tourist visa application was continuously denied which left us with only the K1 option

K1 Visa

08/28/2019: Filed I-129F K1

09/04/2019: NOA1 Received

4 minutes ago, OliverBa said:

If your fiancé already has the visa, they can come to America, just go to Thailand for 15 days and then fly to America. What are they waiting for? 

sidenote: if been hearing embassies to reopen in the next two weeks 

Thailand is locked down until May 31. Its too late to go there in June and stay there for 15 days since My fiancé's K1 visa will be expired by then. 

Timeline
Just now, Yu1988 said:

Thailand is locked down until May 31. Its too late to go there in June and stay there for 15 days since My fiancé's K1 visa will be expired by then. 

It’s the Today 14th, I don’t know why they waited so long, but there are other places they can fly to and wait it out. Check Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, etc. There are options

DCF China

11/06/2018: Received Emailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/27/2018: Received Mailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

12/15/2018: We were informed by letter from the embassy that based on how we got married, that we were not legally married technically and therefore could not file an I-130, unless we could provide evidence showing that our marriage license would be recognized by the issue authority (the Court).

Jan-July 2019: Attempted unsuccessfully to get married in 5 other countries; my fiancé's tourist visa application was continuously denied which left us with only the K1 option

K1 Visa

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Timeline
1 hour ago, jd_malachi said:

Perhaps there is a glimmer of light at the end of this very long tunnel.

https://www.axios.com/pompeo-coronavirus-state-department-reopening-ec5dc86d-6393-4614-b05f-68d3b5f6ec10.html

Your fiancé and I must be in the same K1/CR1 Wechat group haha. I just sent that link to them last night. But yes the article and DOS’ “Democracy Strong” three phase reopening plan seems to suggest by next month embassies could be back into full swing, however it’s dependent on a lot of factors and cisa services wouldn’t resume until phase III is reached which requires host country, DOS, and CDC health/travel alert levels all be lowered. So there’s hope. But then also if you’re applying for K1, they won’t issue a visa even if the embassy is reopened if Trump doesn’t rescind the China Travel Ban. CR1s should technically still be able to get a visa, but not K1’s. Let’s hope a lot of changes within the next month 

DCF China

K1 Visa

On 5/15/2020 at 10:55 PM, OliverBa said:

Your fiancé and I must be in the same K1/CR1 Wechat group haha. I just sent that link to them last night. But yes the article and DOS’ “Democracy Strong” three phase reopening plan seems to suggest by next month embassies could be back into full swing, however it’s dependent on a lot of factors and cisa services wouldn’t resume until phase III is reached which requires host country, DOS, and CDC health/travel alert levels all be lowered. So there’s hope. But then also if you’re applying for K1, they won’t issue a visa even if the embassy is reopened if Trump doesn’t rescind the China Travel Ban. CR1s should technically still be able to get a visa, but not K1’s. Let’s hope a lot of changes within the next month 

Would you mind inviting me to the WeChat group? My fiancee and would be interested in joining!

Timeline

Contacted the Guangzhou Visa Unit via the web form this week below is a summary from their response

• As of February 3, 2020, regular visa services at the U.S Embassy in Beijing and the U.S. Consulates General in Chengdu, Guangzhou, Shanghai and Shenyang are suspended.
  • We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible, but we are unable to provide a specific date at this time.
  • Re-iterate about the travel ban and proclamation on immigrant entries.

No estimates and no staffing returns yet. Also looks like they won't process visas until the proclamation has been lifted, in for wait.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
On 5/20/2020 at 9:50 AM, Plaxerous said:

Would you mind inviting me to the WeChat group? My fiancee and would be interested in joining!

On 5/16/2020 at 11:55 AM, OliverBa said:

Hi! Would either of you mind inviting me to the group as well? I can PM you my WeChat ID!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

This isn't anything new I think and I expected to get this reply.  I emailed the Guangzhou Consulate on 6/10 to ask them an update on my K-1 Visa application (last I heard in January the GZ consulate received it from NVC or USCIS). 

Their reply was: 

Thank you for your email.  As of February 3, 2020, regular visa services at the U.S Embassy in Beijing and the U.S. Consulates General in Chengdu, Guangzhou, Shanghai and Shenyang are suspended.  Due to the ongoing situation relating to the novel coronavirus, the U.S. Embassy and Consulates have very limited staffing.   Intending applicants should note that on January 31, a Presidential Proclamation was issued that suspended entry for individuals who have been in China less than 14 days prior to their arrival in the United States.  More information about that Proclamation can be found here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/presidential-proclamation-coronavirus.html.

Furthermore, intending applicants should note that on April 22, another Presidential Proclamation was issued that suspends the entry of certain immigrants to the United States for a period of 60 days.  More information about this Proclamation can be found here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/Proclamation-Suspending-Entry-of-Immigrants-Who-Present-Risk-to-the-US-labor-market.html.

Once the proclamation is lifted, please contact us regarding your case via our webform: https://china.usembassy-china.org.cn/visas/immigrant-visas/contact-us/immigrant-visa-unit-question/. Updates on the status of the proclamation will be posted on our website: https://china.usembassy-china.org.cn/.

We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible, but we are unable to provide a specific date at this time. 

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

Yep, we're in the same boat.  We've been getting that same response from the consulate for months, and I have to leave next month, so he's staying in China until the consulate opens back up and finishes his green card so he can join me in our home in the U.S.  I hope it doesn't take too long.  I get knots in my stomach every day, over this....  I couldn't have imagined, back in February, that this would take so long.  It's awful.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
5 hours ago, quibily said:

Is anyone having an interview in Guangzhou at the end of this month?  Looks like you can make appointments with them, again.

There are people applying for CR1 that are scheduled to have interviews this month and next.  

No news on K-1 though. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.