OliverBa

Coronavirus in China

110 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, SoSol said:

That's actually good to hear about the remaining cases they are still processing, we haven't heard from them for over a month now and our case is stuck at the embassy for AP for 6 weeks. Hopefully we are in that batch of 100.

I was actually referring to virus cases, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Received a reply from the consulate regarding those dates for interviews at different Consulates. I asked them to confirm or deny, and they replied with the standard response. 

Dear applicant,

Thank you for your email.  As of February 3, 2020, regular visa services at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing and the U.S. Consulates General in Chengdu, Guangzhou, Shanghai and Shenyang are suspended.  Due to the ongoing situation relating to the novel coronavirus, the U.S. Embassy and Consulates have very limited staffing.   Intending applicants should note that on Sunday, February 2, a Presidential Proclamation was issued that suspended entry for individuals who have been in China less than 14 days prior to their arrival in the U.S.  More information about the Proclamation can be found on our website here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/Presidential-Proclamation-Coronavirus.html.

We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible, but we are unable to provide a specific date at this time. 

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

DCF China

07/15/2018: Married

10/22/2018: Filed I-130 @ Guangzhou Embassy

11/06/2018: Received Emailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/27/2018: Received Mailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/28/2018: Interview at the Embassy

12/15/2018: We were informed by letter from the embassy that based on how we got married, that we were not legally married technically and therefore could not file an I-130, unless we could provide evidence showing that our marriage license would be recognized by the issue authority (the Court).

Jan-July 2019: Attempted unsuccessfully to get married in 5 other countries; my fiancé's tourist visa application was continuously denied which left us with only the K1 option

K1 Visa

08/28/2019: Filed I-129F K1

09/04/2019: NOA1 Received

Timeline

Thanks for all the updates and thoughts... I guess what I will expect now is that in June/July/August I may be possible to finally meet with my fiance. 😂😭

2019/07/17  Met online

2019/08/29  1st in-person meeting in 3rd country for 5 days

2019/10/04  I-129F sent

2019/10/08  I-129F delivered

2019/10/11  NOA1 text & email received

2019/10/15  NOA1 check cashed

2019/10/17  NOA1 hard copy received

2020/02/10  NOA2- Case was approved (USCIS website status changed on 02/12)

2020/02/15  NOA2 hard copy received

Timeline

My fiance (who is in Shanghai waiting for Guangzhou to schedule the K-1 interview) has a sister who was supposed to come to the US with her husband on a business visa as a doctor in residence for 2 years.   

Apparently her sister got a call from the US Gov that all non-immigration visas have been cancelled. 

Really hope this doesn't happen to our K-1 visas as it's taken 9 months of preparation for the  i-129f to get approved, USCIS -> NVC, NVC-> Consulate....  

I think it won't, but just saying it would really suck if I had to start the process over again.  

Timeline
18 minutes ago, ShibaYuri2428 said:

My fiance (who is in Shanghai waiting for Guangzhou to schedule the K-1 interview) has a sister who was supposed to come to the US with her husband on a business visa as a doctor in residence for 2 years.   

Apparently her sister got a call from the US Gov that all non-immigration visas have been cancelled. 

Really hope this doesn't happen to our K-1 visas as it's taken 9 months of preparation for the  i-129f to get approved, USCIS -> NVC, NVC-> Consulate....  

I think it won't, but just saying it would really suck if I had to start the process over again.  

It won’t. K1’s are classified as immigrant visas. Non immigrant visas being cancelled makes sense, immigrant visas, especially those ties to being a dependent of a US spouse are exempt under the presidential proclamation. While technically K1’s are not dependents yet, the presumption is that they will be. So I think we are safe in that regard. 

DCF China

11/06/2018: Received Emailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/27/2018: Received Mailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

12/15/2018: We were informed by letter from the embassy that based on how we got married, that we were not legally married technically and therefore could not file an I-130, unless we could provide evidence showing that our marriage license would be recognized by the issue authority (the Court).

Jan-July 2019: Attempted unsuccessfully to get married in 5 other countries; my fiancé's tourist visa application was continuously denied which left us with only the K1 option

K1 Visa

Timeline
5 hours ago, OliverBa said:

It won’t. K1’s are classified as immigrant visas. Non immigrant visas being cancelled makes sense, immigrant visas, especially those ties to being a dependent of a US spouse are exempt under the presidential proclamation. While technically K1’s are not dependents yet, the presumption is that they will be. So I think we are safe in that regard. 

Good, this entire roadblock has been very disruptive and stressful.  I hope this all ends soon. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, jiajia1 said:

Does anyone know if the visa office has resumed work in China?

It won't until the travel ban on China is lifted. Several of us have been told that by the consulates directly. Noone knows when that will be.

13 hours ago, jiajia1 said:

Does anyone know if the visa office has resumed work in China?

Definitely not happening anytime soon.  They may lower the warning down a level, but consulates would still not be up and running even at that level.  It's in the US's best interest right now to hold the bans for 30 more days, much like they have in Europe.

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

Timeline
3 hours ago, givionte said:

Definitely not happening anytime soon.  They may lower the warning down a level, but consulates would still not be up and running even at that level.  It's in the US's best interest right now to hold the bans for 30 more days, much like they have in Europe.

I think even if the number of affected in China itself is very low but US has high rates, then US gov still wouldn’t resume because it would look bad politically.  It’s a safer political move to keep China locked until it’s more universally deemed safe. 

Timeline

I lowkey feel like moving back to China. At this point it’s safer than the states anyway, and I can’t keep being apart from my fiancé, this is maddening and I feel like everyday I’m one step closer to losing my mind. 

DCF China

K1 Visa

21 minutes ago, OliverBa said:

I lowkey feel like moving back to China. At this point it’s safer than the states anyway, and I can’t keep being apart from my fiancé, this is maddening and I feel like everyday I’m one step closer to losing my mind. 

Same here. WFH in the US, might as well WFH in China at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Link to a 3rd party site has been removed. Do not post this link again. If you would like to keep updates on the Covid19 virus please start(or use this one) a thread here in the regional forum for Guangzhou only or in the Covid 19 forum. There are plenty of threads to keep members up to date.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

This is some ########. I have two friends, one in Australia, one in the Philippines who just got notified that their cases arrived at the embassy there today. So all the other countries are still processing as normal, granted interviews are delayed at this point, but everything else, going smoothly. Why are we who are processing in China still being held up? Cases in China at this point is way lower than other countries, this is just straight up BS. Our case has been “AT NVC” for two and half months. I’m gonna lose my marbles

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove alternate spelling of profanity.

DCF China

K1 Visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.