DELETEME1234

February 2020 AOS Filers (mod edit to title)

498 posts in this topic

On 4/24/2020 at 8:52 PM, BWJ said:

Just checked on our AOS and noticed that it was updated on April 15 to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview."

Thankfully we were able to knock out the biometrics on March 19th—right before they shut down the local office in Los Angeles.

I assume it's just more of a waiting game now. Hoping that they increase the number of waived interviews 🤞

IMG_8847.jpg

Congrats on your progress! We were able to get our biometrics done early as well (March 13th) but just got the notification that the case is ready to be scheduled fo an interview" on May 8th. 

Did you have to waive your interview? What did you have to do when you received that in the mail?

A couple of questions for anyone who has received the "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" notice:

1. We submitted multiple forms (i-130, i-485, i-131, i-765) and when I checked the case status online, ONLY the i-485 status was changed to "ready for an interview" but nothing has changed for the other cases. What does this mean?
  2. We have driven down to Florida for a couple weeks and so we have not seen the actual notice. Do we need to take action right away? It was updated on May 8th

Thank you so much in advance for all your help!!

23 hours ago, PimT said:

A couple of questions for anyone who has received the "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" notice:

1. We submitted multiple forms (i-130, i-485, i-131, i-765) and when I checked the case status online, ONLY the i-485 status was changed to "ready for an interview" but nothing has changed for the other cases. What does this mean?
  2. We have driven down to Florida for a couple weeks and so we have not seen the actual notice. Do we need to take action right away? It was updated on May 8th

Thank you so much in advance for all your help!!

That's normal. Your EAD/AP card is processed separately, and is likely still in the works. "Case is ready to be scheduled" really just means there are no issues with your application (nothing missing, etc.) It could be months before they actually schedule your interview, especially since they haven't been doing any since closing their offices. 

AOS via F-1 

• Feb 3, 2020 - Application received
  • March 5, 2020 - Biometrics completed
  • March 19, 2020 - RFE requested
  • April 20, 2020 - Response to RFE received
  • April 27, 2020 - EAD expedite requested, evidence requested and submitted
  • April 28, 2020 - Request for additional information received
  • April 28, 2020 - New card is being produced!!
  • May 1, 2020 - Courtesy letter about medical exam received
  • May 5, 2020 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview
  • October 19, 2020 - Interview scheduled notice
  • November 10, 2020 - Interview date
  • November 12, 2020 - AOS approved

Hi 

i just received the uscis courtesy letter yesterday, it says that i have not submitted the i693 form completed and signed

But i have already submitted the sealed file that doctor gave it to me and send with AOS application. I also dont have my biometric appointment yet. My Priority date is 25 feb 2020

Do u guys know why they are saying this?

36176702_10155440032561700_6716261620290420736_n.jpg.5ebd52b1f072bf258c08142d4b468e0d.jpg

Edited by ArsalanSiddiqui

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 5:52 PM, BWJ said:

Just checked on our AOS and noticed that it was updated on April 15 to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview."

Thankfully we were able to knock out the biometrics on March 19th—right before they shut down the local office in Los Angeles.

I assume it's just more of a waiting game now. Hoping that they increase the number of waived interviews 🤞

IMG_8847.jpg

Sorry for the dumb question, but what website is this? Thanks!

On 5/28/2020 at 9:13 PM, Donald120383 said:

my EAD got approved today but AP still pending.  Didnt do finger prints. Looks like it was approved without them 

Congrats!

Did you see change in your case status or it just arrived in a mail?

47 minutes ago, Ihatebaseboards said:

Congrats!

First text messages for EAD and than AP,  After a couple of hours got the email. Hopefully next week the card arrives 

duh

On 5/30/2020 at 8:58 AM, Ihatebaseboards said:

Congrats!

just got my approval notice in mail yesterday and today  online status updated as : card has been mailed 

duh

4 hours ago, Donald120383 said:

just got my approval notice in mail yesterday and today  online status updated as : card has been mailed 

Wonderful news! Hope this week will bring some EAD  news to all of is Feb filers still in waiting. 

12 hours ago, Donald120383 said:

Finally card arrived today. So exciting and freedom to go anywhere but nowhere to go 

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-pUmJJuU8L2ilB.jpg

Great!

on a side note, i did mot know that EAD is given for one year. So what happens if a GC is not approved by EAD expiration date? Request another one?

1 hour ago, Ihatebaseboards said:

Great!

on a side note, i did mot know that EAD is given for one year. So what happens if a GC is not approved by EAD expiration date? Request another one?

yes you renew your EAD/AP

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.