DELETEME1234

February 2020 AOS Filers (mod edit to title)

498 posts in this topic

Hi y'all.

I noticed my USCIS case status was changed:

from "Case received, receipt notice mailed" on 25 February 2020,

to "In Process. Your benefit request has been accepted and is under review." on 1 May 2020.

I don't see this particular status change mentioned by other forum members in their timelines. What sort of movement is this? Significant at all? 🤔

2018-06: Entered the US on a B1/B2

2018-12: Met my partner, applied for extension of stay

2019-04: Request for evidence on extension

2019-08: Extension rejected :(

2019-08-28: Got engaged

2019-10-17: Got married. Started collecting docs, exams...

2020-1-20: Put into removal proceedings, probably due to the extension application :( My biggest regret is waiting too long after marriage to file I-130. Now my case will be handled by DHS in addition to USCIS and a judge needs to approve it.

2020-02-21: I-130 filed/received (priority date).
2020-02-25: USCIS: "Case received. Receipt notice was emailed"

2020-02-28: Did my fingerprints at USCIS, as scheduled by the removal proceedings letter

2020-03: Originally scheduled first hearing before a judge. Postponed to 2020-07 due to COVID-19. Hoping that the judge allows my case to await USCIS's decision.
2020-05-01: USCIS: "In Process. Your benefit request has been accepted and is under review."

2020-09-18: I-130 Approved!

2 hours ago, Aname said:

Hi y'all.

I noticed my USCIS case status was changed:

from "Case received, receipt notice mailed" on 25 February 2020,

to "In Process. Your benefit request has been accepted and is under review." on 1 May 2020.

I don't see this particular status change mentioned by other forum members in their timelines. What sort of movement is this? Significant at all? 🤔

I haven't either, is that for your I-485 or your work permit?

9 hours ago, MayceMir said:

I haven't either, is that for your I-485 or your work permit?

It's the I-130!

2018-06: Entered the US on a B1/B2

2018-12: Met my partner, applied for extension of stay

2019-04: Request for evidence on extension

2019-08: Extension rejected :(

2019-08-28: Got engaged

2019-10-17: Got married. Started collecting docs, exams...

2020-1-20: Put into removal proceedings, probably due to the extension application :( My biggest regret is waiting too long after marriage to file I-130. Now my case will be handled by DHS in addition to USCIS and a judge needs to approve it.

2020-02-21: I-130 filed/received (priority date).
2020-02-25: USCIS: "Case received. Receipt notice was emailed"

2020-02-28: Did my fingerprints at USCIS, as scheduled by the removal proceedings letter

2020-03: Originally scheduled first hearing before a judge. Postponed to 2020-07 due to COVID-19. Hoping that the judge allows my case to await USCIS's decision.
2020-05-01: USCIS: "In Process. Your benefit request has been accepted and is under review."

2020-09-18: I-130 Approved!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Any updates on biometrics scheduling?

Filed on 02/25

Got NOA 03/13

RFE 05/11 - Tax Return (We sent the 1040 to them with my W7 copy application and still they asked for it again. I guess since we sent it by mail the IRS hasn't updated their system showing that we haven't filed because of COVID-19)

Sent the RFE on 05/188

Now waiting for anything... I tried to call the USCIS to see any updates on my case but everytime  I type the receipt numbers after the three letters it says it's not enough numbers.

Edited by mvasantos

Timeline
22 minutes ago, mvasantos said:

Any updates on biometrics scheduling?

Filed on 02/25

Got NOA 03/13

RFE 05/11 - Tax Return (We sent the 1040 to them with my W7 copy application and still they asked for it again. I guess since we sent it by mail the IRS hasn't updated their system showing that we haven't filed because of COVID-19)

Sent the RFE on 05/188

Now waiting for anything... I tried to call the USCIS to see any updates on my case but everytime  I type the receipt numbers after the three letters it says it's not enough numbers.

Well I wanted to edit my post. I was able to call the USCIS with the receipt number (didnt know I should type the letters with the numbers, duhh), They said to wait 60days after an RFE to receive an update (jesus...) and they're not scheduling any biometrics since the centers are closed.

3 hours ago, mvasantos said:

Well I wanted to edit my post. I was able to call the USCIS with the receipt number (didnt know I should type the letters with the numbers, duhh), They said to wait 60days after an RFE to receive an update (jesus...) and they're not scheduling any biometrics since the centers are closed.

ASC are still closed with no open date.

duh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, mvasantos said:

the officer answered my call told me that the office remain close till 22nd June. no reschedule will be issue before that.. so i guess we will only start to receive notice after the 22nd.

i was also told to wait at least 60 days to call and ask for update my RFE. He was nice enough to count for me that its16 days left to wait.... 

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

57 minutes ago, W.Rominger said:

the officer answered my call told me that the office remain close till 22nd June. no reschedule will be issue before that.. so i guess we will only start to receive notice after the 22nd.

i was also told to wait at least 60 days to call and ask for update my RFE. He was nice enough to count for me that its16 days left to wait.... 

Is June 22nd for ASC ?

duh

Timeline
13 minutes ago, James120383 said:

Is June 22nd for ASC ?

Yes. 

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Timeline

Hey everyone!

I saw a video on YouTube from a lawyer talking about USCIS halting green cards.

Here's the news webpage with it https://www.rollcall.com/2020/06/12/administration-puts-hold-on-green-card-requests-from-us/. I don't know how reliable the website is also.

I don't wanna scare anyone or anything, hope this isn't true.

Also if someone could create a specific post about it, it would be nice.

Edited by mvasantos
Reliability

8 hours ago, mvasantos said:

Hey everyone!

I saw a video on YouTube from a lawyer talking about USCIS halting green cards.

Here's the news webpage with it https://www.rollcall.com/2020/06/12/administration-puts-hold-on-green-card-requests-from-us/. I don't know how reliable the website is also.

I don't wanna scare anyone or anything, hope this isn't true.

Also if someone could create a specific post about it, it would be nice.

unless she works for USCIS, i say take a chill pill

duh

Hey guys,

I am listing to the USCIS livestream about reopening offices. They mentioned they will open ASC offices on July 13 ("on a phase basis"). So I guess that means nothing before July 13. They are taking precautions based on state guidelines so it depends on your state as well. They also said appointments should show up in mail around June 29th-ish if your location is due to open on July 13. They will automatically resend a new appointment letter, with an additional worksheet that needs to be filled out BEFORE the appointment and brought with you. This "worksheet" is just something they usually did at the center, but to reduce contact with personnel they are sending it with the new appointment via mail.

I am waiting for my wife to do biometrics and have been following this closely. In any case thought that information might help.

Again this info is coming directly from directors at USCIS during a Youtube Livestream they are having right now.

Edited by bodgie19

Timeline
1 hour ago, bodgie19 said:

Hey guys,

I am listing to the USCIS livestream about reopening offices. They mentioned they will open ASC offices on July 13 ("on a phase basis"). So I guess that means nothing before July 13. They are taking precautions based on state guidelines so it depends on your state as well. They also said appointments should show up in mail around June 29th-ish if your location is due to open on July 13. They will automatically resend a new appointment letter, with an additional worksheet that needs to be filled out BEFORE the appointment and brought with you. This "worksheet" is just something they usually did at the center, but to reduce contact with personnel they are sending it with the new appointment via mail.

I am waiting for my wife to do biometrics and have been following this closely. In any case thought that information might help.

Again this info is coming directly from directors at USCIS during a Youtube Livestream they are having right now.

would you mind to provide the link to that video?

26 minutes ago, W.Rominger said:

would you mind to provide the link to that video?

It was a livestream teleconference on YouTube put together by USCIS Dept of Public Engagement.  I clicked on the link again and it said the video was private. I stumbled upon the conference while looking for any updates for ASC opening on USCIS.gov.

Here is the link to the Public Engagement in case there are any new events: https://www.uscis.gov/outreach/upcoming-national-engagements

They mentioned something about putting the slides they had up on the website after the teleconference, but a quick search I couldn't find them. Check back here for when they do post them: https://www.uscis.gov/outreach/notes-previous-engagements

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.