DELETEME1234

February 2020 AOS Filers (mod edit to title)

498 posts in this topic

I just found our ASC office closure is extended to May 3.  Personally, I am afraid it will be extended again.

My H1b work visa ends on October 1. I am really concerned not being able to get EAD on time. Anyone else in the same boat it terms of H1b? 

On 4/4/2020 at 3:33 PM, Ihatebaseboards said:

I just found our ASC office closure is extended to May 3.  Personally, I am afraid it will be extended again.

My H1b work visa ends on October 1. I am really concerned not being able to get EAD on time. Anyone else in the same boat it terms of H1b? 

October is still far out, I'm confident that by that time there are solutions available. USCIS had some communications/news regarding H1B (haven't paid attention to what it said) did any of that mentioned something that might've been beneficial to your situation?  

5 hours ago, Poseidon1212 said:

October is still far out, I'm confident that by that time there are solutions available. USCIS had some communications/news regarding H1B (haven't paid attention to what it said) did any of that mentioned something that might've been beneficial to your situation?  

The news from USCIS is mostly about reaching H1b cap for the year.  Also, that they will be using biometrics on file, I assume that's for extending or updating GC. I am waiting patiently but it is nerve wracking, alongside whatever happens in the world.  Stay safe everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Seems like cases are moving. Too bad that out biometrics was scheduled and cancelled exactly on March 18th. Wish our case was moving too right now.

Shawn and Olga married in Russia May 7th 2013

IR-1 process

USCIS:

6/11/2015: Filed I-130 petition

6/13/2015: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

6/15/2015: Petition is accepted by USCIS (California)

6/17/2015: NOA1 received via email/text

6/23/2015: NOA1 received via mail

8/18/2015: USCIS approved petition online - 63 days from NOA 1

8/22/2015: NOA2 received via mail

NVC:

9/8/2015: NVC received the case

9/22/2015: got case number and invoice number via phone

9/22/2015: submitted DS-261 Choice of agent

9/22/2015: paid AOS fee $120 - IN PROCESS

9/24/2015: AOS fee shows PAID

9/28/2015: NVC Welcome Letter is received (issued on Sept 21st)

10/1/2015: AOS package sent to NVC

10/5/2015: AOS package delivered to NVC

10/5/2015: SCAN DATE for AOS package

10/6/2015: confirmed DS-261 over the phone

10/7/2015: email from NVC - husband is chosen as agent and IV fee is invoiced

10/8/2015: paid IV fee $325 - IN PROCESS

10/8/015: IV package sent to NVC

10/10/2015: IV fee shows PAID

10/11/2015: submitted DS-260 and got confirmation

10/13/2015: IV package delivered to NVC

10/13/2015: SCAN DATE for IV package

11/24/2015: Case Complete at NVC

12/2/2015: Case Complete letter from NVC

EMBASSY:

2/10/2016: Interview scheduled for March 15th 2016 :dancing:

Medical exam scheduled on March 14th 2016

2/10/2016: Interview Letter Received (P4)

2/16/2016: CEAC shows CASE IN TRANSIT

2/18/2016: CEAC shows READY

3/14/2016: medical exam passed

3/15/2016: interview - APPROVED! Status ISSUED - Your visa has been printed.

3/17/2016: call from Pony Express - visa is delivered to my town

POE:

4/19/2016: Moscow - New York - Atlanta

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Got RFE today ( biometrics not completed) asking for my birth certificate for AOS, but i did included a copy of it in the package. 

I guess it is because we use A4 size in Taiwan and when my husband made the copy on a letter, part of the certificate got cut off...

I plan on submitting the original copy of the translation this time < -i got more of it just for this kind of situation

an RFE is better than nothing from USCIS  😢

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Just received the combo card so now it's just a matter of waiting until the whole COVID-19 situation is over since the prediction said our office would schedule interview roughly in May. From here on out it's just a waiting game. All practical matters are finished with the combo card in hand. 

4 minutes ago, Poseidon1212 said:

Just received the combo card so now it's just a matter of waiting until the whole COVID-19 situation is over since the prediction said our office would schedule interview roughly in May. From here on out it's just a waiting game. All practical matters are finished with the combo card in hand. 

Congrats. Yes just a waiting game !!!

Just out of curiosity. Does anyone know if "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" means there is zero chance to get an RFE? Or it's not related?

I sent my response to RFIE last week and yesterday my case status changed to "Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received". Looking forward to see them accepting my response. 🙏

13 hours ago, Cornflake said:

Just out of curiosity. Does anyone know if "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" means there is zero chance to get an RFE? Or it's not related?

I sent my response to RFIE last week and yesterday my case status changed to "Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received". Looking forward to see them accepting my response. 🙏

There’s never a ‘zero chance’; local office might want some more info for example. But generally it means that you’re good to go for your interview and are just waiting for an interview slot to open up. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.