DELETEME1234

February 2020 AOS Filers (mod edit to title)

498 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

Instead of approved EAD  I got an email yesterday about RFIE( Waiting for mail.

I was hoping I won't get any RFE and now I got RFIE.

What a bummer! You will have to respond to the RFIE before the EAD expedite can move ahead. Also, I am still wondering what is the difference between RFE and RFIE..

3 hours ago, xin.penguin said:

What a bummer! You will have to respond to the RFIE before the EAD expedite can move ahead. Also, I am still wondering what is the difference between RFE and RFIE..

I hope it will be easy to respond.

RFE is request for evidence. Meaning they want more evidence other than what was already provided.

RFIE is request for initial evidence. Meaning you forgot to provide evidence, documentation, or information that was supposed to be initially sent.

30 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

I hope it will be easy to respond.

RFE is request for evidence. Meaning they want more evidence other than what was already provided.

RFIE is request for initial evidence. Meaning you forgot to provide evidence, documentation, or information that was supposed to be initially sent.

That makes lots of sense! Thanks for the explanation! 

Fingers crossed and hope the RFIE is easy to respond

13 hours ago, Cornflake said:

Instead of approved EAD  I got an email yesterday about RFIE( Waiting for mail.

I was hoping I won't get any RFE and now I got RFIE.

I also had the same thing. It was for something we already submitted...

Anyway, hopefully its something easy and you can respond quickly. On the plus side, I mailed it on Monday and got a notification 2 days later on Wednesday that the RFIE had been received and they are continuing with my case. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

1 hour ago, beefmaster said:

So does this mean they're processing new EADs?

They are processing new EADs, based on other VJ members still receiving their EAD. That press release by USCIS pertains to EAD renewals and is a courtesy they extend because of ASCs being shut down (normally they want you to do biometrics again). 

13 minutes ago, Poseidon1212 said:

They are processing new EADs, based on other VJ members still receiving their EAD. That press release by USCIS pertains to EAD renewals and is a courtesy they extend because of ASCs being shut down (normally they want you to do biometrics again). 

Do you know how long is it taking for EAD? I was thinking that maybe it is a little faster now that no in person things are going on?? But at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up 😅

7 minutes ago, MayceMir said:

Do you know how long is it taking for EAD? I was thinking that maybe it is a little faster now that no in person things are going on?? But at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up 😅

USCIS reports a timeframe of 5.5 to 7.5 months (without expedite), but I have no clue how long it will take now since ASCs are closed and you won't get an EAD if they don't have your biometrics to do a background check on. 

I guess I should've worded my comment differently; they are processing new EADs that have biometrics on record. Everything else that needs biometrics would logically be on hold until said biometrics are taken.

The press release by USCIS relates to EAD extensions for people who have had their biometrics taken in the past. 

Edited by Poseidon1212

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Poseidon1212 said:

USCIS reports a timeframe of 5.5 to 7.5 months (without expedite), but I have no clue how long it will take now since ASCs are closed and you won't get an EAD if they don't have your biometrics to do a background check on. 

I guess I should've worded my comment differently; they are processing new EADs that have biometrics on record. Everything else that needs biometrics would logically be on hold until said biometrics are taken.

The press release by USCIS relates to EAD extensions for people who have had their biometrics taken in the past. 

I thought we all have it taken for K1 visa. so we are not included?

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

18 hours ago, W.Rominger said:

I thought we all have it taken for K1 visa. so we are not included?

That might be different, I couldn't tell since I don't have K1 experience. However, if people adjusting from K1 typically have biometrics in their timeline, that would imply they need their biometrics taken as well normally so I don't know if USCIS uses anything prior to that. As it stands now this press release only pertains to EAD renewals, not initial applications.

On 4/3/2020 at 10:42 AM, Poseidon1212 said:

Yes I agree, in our case the biometrics were completed in March, anyways, hopefully things go back to normal soon. I know probably im being optimistc since they are already closed to the public until May.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.