Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

No. RFE can come at anytime 

Yes. Even after the interview. 😅 But when you’re scheduled for interview, that means the initial review has completed including the background checks.

38 minutes ago, mat2291 said:

Lawfully and https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do are both reliable in sending notifications. I signed up for e-mail notifications from USCIS while Lawfully sends me push notifs. They’ve been instantaneous as of late.

129BA165-C4D6-4743-8C2B-E816BFB87E60.jpeg

So weird, I was using my.uscis.gov. This is egov.uscis.gov and I had to sign up seperartely for the latter just now. This one is up to date whereas my.uscis.gov is not. Thanks for the tip. 

Timeline
Just now, Tensheets said:

So weird, I was using my.uscis.gov. This is egov.uscis.gov and I had to sign up seperartely for the latter just now. This one is up to date whereas my.uscis.gov is not. Thanks for the tip. 

Oh yeaaaah. My USCIS is totally unreliable. The update is sent at midnight, whereas Egov is real time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

To people that had their biometrics already after the COVID closure, were your spouses allowed in with you? Did you have to fill out a form of any sorts regarding Covid? 

30 minutes ago, ennabaer said:

To people that had their biometrics already after the COVID closure, were your spouses allowed in with you? Did you have to fill out a form of any sorts regarding Covid? 

no one other than applicant is allowed 

duh

3 hours ago, ennabaer said:

I can't speak to the spouse thing but I wasn't required to fill out any forms relating to covid. They just had a sign outside the office stating that if you are sick you have to reschedule etc. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, ennabaer said:

No spouses were allowed. I had to read a sheet about being around someone with COVID, being sick etc. and verbally agree or disagree and then I handed them my passport, my appointment letter and was let in :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
18 hours ago, ennabaer said:

No spouses were not allowed. They give you sanitizer and there's a poster with symptoms listed. You have to verbally answer yes/no to 'if you have any symptoms shown here'

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
44 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

EAD / AP card came yesterday. Less than a week between prints and card so they are speeding things up for sure. Can anyone enlighten us on the parameters for travel on AP? Can my wife visit her new nephew in Sweden without fear of not being able to return (that was the reason listed for requesting AP)?

Of course that's what the AP is for, to travel outside the US. K1s actually don't have to list reasons on the form to get an AP.

48 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

EAD / AP card came yesterday. Less than a week between prints and card so they are speeding things up for sure. Can anyone enlighten us on the parameters for travel on AP? Can my wife visit her new nephew in Sweden without fear of not being able to return (that was the reason listed for requesting AP)?

Yay, congrats! 

She should be fine to travel to see her nephew. I traveled to Germany in May on emergency AP and did not have any problems reentering the US as spouse of a USC. I would still double check by researching the current travel ban and who is exempt, but I believe she should be fine. Before I traveled I called CBP and USCIS to be safe. I also brought all documents with me, such as our marriage certificate, my grandmas death certificate (reason for travel), and my pending AOS application. They didn't ask for any of that though. I would just make sure that she has enough time at customs if she has a connecting flight on the way back. They did take my AP and did a background check (I assume) upon entry. It only took 20 mins though and I had no issues catching my connecting flight.

Edited by Basil123

Timeline
17 hours ago, lstm said:

Hi,

Anyone either family based or employment based AOS filer has Field Office at Seattle WA? If so, could share experience for biometrics appointment and how long it took to be scheduled after NOA at USCIS? 

My ASC is in Tukwila / Seattle, and it took 5-ish months (with the help of my Congressman) to get that appointment. 

I had to commute since parking there was expensive, and the office is weirdly not in a busy area. They would only let the one with the appointment in, unless you need a translator, 15mins before you are scheduled. 

Process took about 20 mins since mine kept showing errors because of my Clammy nervous hands. 😂

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, fromsweden said:

Congratulations! Same for me, combo card arrived yesterday. Fingerprints were on the 11th and approval was on the 21st. Seems like things are speeding up a bit :) Good luck for everyone still waiting!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.