90DayFinancier

Trump Has Spent $115 Million On Golf Trips ― Or 287 Years Of Presidential Salary

111 posts in this topic

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Trump often boasts of donating his White House pay, but taxpayers are shelling out much larger sums for his hobby.
11/27/2019 05:13 PM ET
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
The president's motorcade arrives at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach, Florida, on Nov. 27, 2019. Trump is sp

The president’s motorcade arrives at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach, Florida, on Nov. 27, 2019. Trump is spending Thanksgiving week at his nearby Mar-a-Lago estate.  (Susan Walsh/ASSOCIATED PRESS)

With his Thanksgiving vacation, President Donald Trump’s golf hobby has now cost Americans an estimated $115 million in travel and security expenses ― the equivalent of 287 years of the presidential salary he frequently boasts about not taking.

Of that amount, many hundreds of thousands ― perhaps millions ― of dollars have gone into his own cash registers, as Secret Service agents, White House staff and other administration officials stay and eat at his hotels and golf courses.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-golf-trips-millions-thanksgiving_n_5ddedbefe4b0913e6f7865cf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

And he probably works 18 to 20 hours per day during the week.  Tireless.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

The OP also failed to mention the rally he held two days ago, which was so well-attended that thousands were stuck outside and couldn't get in.  People were camping out the night before just to get a seat.

Not to mention Thanksgiving at home with family.  Nope, it's all about the golf.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ALFKAD said:

The OP also failed to mention the rally he held two days ago, which was so well-attended that thousands were stuck outside and couldn't get in.  People were camping out the night before just to get a seat.

Not to mention Thanksgiving at home with family.  Nope, it's all about the golf.

And no one mentions that Obama golfed a lot too, and Bush and Clinton, etc.

I am old enough to remember a few years ago when the Mdr was rossting Obama for playing golf and the MDL was defending playing golf.

They swaped sides at half time 

I, for one, don't see any reason to defend this, Trump went out of his way to criticize Obama quite often about golfing. It was petty and pointless. Every President for the last century has played tons of golf, Trump is no exclusion. It was a bad look.

Of course, what was also a bad look was Obama's swing:

pr6W4WV.gif

34 minutes ago, luckytxn said:

I will admit... it bugged me at first that Obama played so much golf during his presidency.  But Steeleballz helped me get over that.  And now I just see golf as a stress-reliever for those who rule our world.

2 hours ago, luckytxn said:

Actually Trump mentioned that a lot when he campaigned because he said he wasn't going to be doing it. Honestly I don't care how much a president plays golf as long as they are getting their job done, but I would never have paid attention to how much any president played golf in the first place if Trump hadn't brought it up.  

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He needs to find somewhere that has cheaper green fees.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

From what I heard, Trump flew into PBI and Pence flew into FLL and a lot of I-95 was shut down because of their arrival.  Sounded like it was a real mess.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Just now, Neonred said:

From what I heard, Trump flew into PBI and Pence flew into FLL and a lot of I-95 was shut down because of their arrival.  Sounded like it was a real mess.

It was.  My brown slave-person was stuck for over an hour on a side road.  Everyone had turned off the vehicles and were wandering around talking, then taking videos of the cavalcade when it passed.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

Actually Trump mentioned that a lot when he campaigned because he said he wasn't going to be doing it. Honestly I don't care how much a president plays golf as long as they are getting their job done, but I would never have paid attention to how much any president played golf in the first place if Trump hadn't brought it up.  

I remember he mentioned a lot about Obama playing a lot in a sneering tome but I don't remember him saying he wouldn't do so. And yes about every POTUS since Eisenhower has played a lot and I understand why as I used to play a lot of golf. It is a huge stress reliever and peace and quiet. Also for POTUS but they can actually get out with whoever and get a huge personal understanding with whoever. Just think of the white house and offices with all the multitude of listening devices and then think about playing on a course with a cart and such and then anyone and even non golfers can see why the course is an important tool.

Edited by luckytxn
Phuk a duck

5 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

It was.  My brown slave-person was stuck for over an hour on a side road.  Everyone had turned off the vehicles and were wandering around talking, then taking videos of the cavalcade when it passed.

I have a brown Person and am their slave also