INTERNATIONALove

Social media and conversation history

13 posts in this topic

My fiancé and I have been talking for two years. Therefore we have an incredible amount of conversation and history. Between WhatsApp, Skype and Facebook, there is too much information. Does anyone know a good way to organize the information or exactly what the USCIS is looking for? Thank you in advance! Do we need screenshots from every day, every month, special ones?

Edited by INTERNATIONALove

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, INTERNATIONALove said:

My fiancé and I have been talking for two years. Therefore we have an incredible amount of conversation and history. Between WhatsApp, Skype and Facebook, there is too much information. Does anyone know a good way to organize the information or exactly what the USCIS is looking for? Thank you in advance! Do we need screenshots from every day, every month, special ones?

Uscis is not looking for this

YMMV

55 minutes ago, INTERNATIONALove said:

Yeah this isn't needed at all. It's a ok secondary evidence but it really isn't needed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Go visit, get a passport stamp and visa, air tickets, any other tickets with names, hotel receipts, pictures, 

you need to meet legal requirements (meet 1 x per 2 yr prior) and have proof.

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Do not burden the USCIS adjudicators with such detritus.  Follow the USCIS checklist/instructions on what to include with the petition, and keep it simple.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would recommend sending screenshots of conversations about wedding plans, as well as any other proof of intent to marry (receipts for any wedding related stuff or description of wedding plans) in addition to the usual letters of intent.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

We’ll need to comb through all of this (detritus) to determine whether it is applicable - since you asked.  It’s a holiday weekend.

As for us we never submitted anything like that.  At the most I recall we printed out phone records that indicated yeah we talked just about every day and spent a lot of money doing it but we just printed it (records of communication and texts) out for the interview.

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

some embassies are asking for chats to be produced as secondary evidence showing long term relationship so do not delete any from computer

it depends on so many other factors 

like does the CO think the beneficary is not truthful in saying we have been talking for years

the moroccan embassy asked 2 people to produce chats from 2012 and the other 2013 (both cases had already been sent back to the US and reaffirmed ) but CO just must have seen factors to believe the relationship was not this long term 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
3 hours ago, AliTan said:

(receipts for any wedding related stuff or description of wedding plans)

NEVER EVER DO THAT. They are not requesting stuff like that. Also they warn you not to give up lease, sell your stuff, quit your job BEFORE getting the visa...

Why would you want them to book a wedding venue as a proof of getting married? And then if the visa don't come trough on time they loose the deposit and such......

At the interview stage you can print out some discussions to show continuity but probably a page per 2 months or 3 months would suffice of the lifespan of your relationship.

Concentrate on more realistic evidence like visits (passport stamps), time spent together in real life. That is much more important than wedding venue or how many ppl are invited....

Edited by ineedadisplayname

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

If you feel it will help, just give a snippet of a conversation per week.  I sent in a couple of years’ worth just showing we had regular conversations.  A few lines of each per week, as the dates are important, not the content.  It was about ten pages printed front and back.   I can’t swear anyone ever looked at them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, ineedadisplayname said:

NEVER EVER DO THAT. They are not requesting stuff like that. Also they warn you not to give up lease, sell your stuff, quit your job BEFORE getting the visa...

Why would you want them to book a wedding venue as a proof of getting married? And then if the visa don't come trough on time they loose the deposit and such......

At the interview stage you can print out some discussions to show continuity but probably a page per 2 months or 3 months would suffice of the lifespan of your relationship.

Concentrate on more realistic evidence like visits (passport stamps), time spent together in real life. That is much more important than wedding venue or how many ppl are invited....

I didn't say anything about booking a venue.  People are getting RFEs for intent to marry despite sending the usual letters.  So I am recommending sending any additional proof of wedding discussions or plans that they have, such as receipts for rings or the dress or quotes from venues, etc.  I'm not suggesting doing anything they weren't already doing, just send whatever proof they have.  The OP asked about sending screenshots of their conversations, so I suggested conversations related to wedding planning, or future life plans together.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
2 hours ago, AliTan said:

I didn't say anything about booking a venue.  People are getting RFEs for intent to marry despite sending the usual letters.  So I am recommending sending any additional proof of wedding discussions or plans that they have, such as receipts for rings or the dress or quotes from venues, etc.  I'm not suggesting doing anything they weren't already doing, just send whatever proof they have.  The OP asked about sending screenshots of their conversations, so I suggested conversations related to wedding planning, or future life plans together.

That is true.  Especially recently.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think its necessary but if you think it will help support the application then go for it. I did with my fiancé. Only screenshot a few random messages from WhatsApp and made sure the dates were visible; definitely not every day or week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.