daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, PhillyNatz said:

From what I’ve seen, if your estimated completion time keeps getting updated then it’s fairly accurate and probably earlier. 

The issue is when the ect completion completely disappears, then it’s anyone’s guess. 

Thanks. It originally showed December 2020 in February and then shifted to January 2021 in March and it has been there ever since. Not sure what to think of it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
5 minutes ago, PhillyNatz said:

From what I’ve seen, if your estimated completion time keeps getting updated then it’s fairly accurate and probably earlier. 

The issue is when the ect completion completely disappears, then it’s anyone’s guess. 

Not always. Mine changed a couple of times last update was August 2020 and then disappeared. I think it depends on the office . 

12/14/19 applied online N400

01/09/20 Biometrics appointment

Still no letter in my Documents tab but I called USCIS and was told that my interview is scheduled for October 26 :dance: :dance:

Woo Hoo Party Animal GIF by TELUS

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Amadia said:

Still no letter in my Documents tab but I called USCIS and was told that my interview is scheduled for October 26 :dance: :dance:

Woo Hoo Party Animal GIF by TELUS

Congrats!  

On 9/15/2020 at 1:45 AM, Ultimatejourney said:

What if the answer requires us to write a complicated spelling. I'm afraid auto correct spoiled me! 

Example: Lincoln, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri 

I misspelled Lincoln, I wrote Lilcoln. No issue at all. What they evaluate is ur ability to communicate properly in English, everyone misspell words, even native speakers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hi everyone,

First I would like to congratulate to everyone who received their interview date and passed the N-400 interview . Good job!! I am wondering if anybody applied for USA passport yet? I've just done mine today at the Indiana local post office. 

Quick update on SSA!

I had to send a 5FS form by priority post to Social Security Services office.  it took them one week and they updated me on the system&  returned my naturalization certificate safe!! 

Update on my drivers license : 

BMW need to make a new one, because I wanted to register to vote, so I paid a small fee to get a new card. Voting registration card arrived so I am on the system now. I think now officially Citizen 😊!! So relived.

If anybody can share passport application experiences that would be so great ! How long does it take to get the passport? Did they send you back your certification   ? 

Thanks 

Edited by Ka&J

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
35 minutes ago, UpstateNYer said:

Just received a call from Syracuse office and was informed that my name change request has been approved and my oath will be Friday 9/25!

Congrats!  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 9/15/2020 at 3:37 PM, Dazzelz said:

Hi all! 

I just want to share my experience with you all. Had my N400 interview today and happy to report that my case has been recommended for approval 🥰

I filed under the three years marriage to USC, and my local office is Boston, MA. 

Interview was at 8:30am, I did not go in until 15 minutes prior to the time on my interview letter. The person at the reception greeted warmly and provided my number and asked to be seated on the seat marked with yellow. It was very nicely social distanced. 

I was called out by my officer and we walked into this small room we were separated by a plexiglass, there were no doors in that tiny room and I was asked to take an oath to speak the truth. 

We exchanged some slight pleasantries and moved on to my application. I was asked to provide my Passport and an ID. I provided her with my Passport, State ID and my new Green card from my recent I 751 approval (in December 2019)

She asked me to confirm my name, DOB current address. I was asked about my previous address(s), to provide exact job title at the past three places I worked at. 

I was also asked where have I been outside of the US during my time as a resident and then asked to confirm that I haven't been abroad for over 6 months at a time. 

We then moved on to the reading test, it was a question, can't remember 100% but something along the lines of "Who was Abraham Lincoln" I read that aloud and was then asked to write down the answer. Remember folks, here they tell you the answer you need to write, you don't have to know the answer to this to get it right. 

Was asked to write "Lincoln was the president during the civil war" again, something along those lines. It was done using a stylus on an iPad that was placed near me on a stand. 

I was asked civics questions 

- name the current president of the US 

- how many amendments

- name a native American tribe

- name two cabinet level positions 

- what does constitution do

- why does flag have 13 stripes 

I was then asked to answer and confirm all of the Yes/No questions. We breezed through that. 

Checked on the iPad that information that will appear on certificate is correct. Updates to my info, like job title etc. I signed that they're correct. I was given the paper that I've passed the test and my case has been recommended for approval and I should get mail on oath so it didn't happen same day! 😁 

I had a folder of evidences etc with me but wasn't asked to show any of the originals. 😎

My status now shows that I'm in line to get scheduled for the oath ceremony. 

I would like to thank Almighty God for everything. 

Then, thank you all for your support, kind words to one another during these times. We're all a family and are in this together. I really enjoyed reading successes, felt the pain during the woes and really appreciated the detailed narrative of your experiences. Thank you as it really helped in filing the case properly. 

My husband had his interview this morning (also Boston) and it was very similar to the above, except the questions were
1) Why did the colonists come to America

2) Who is the father of our country

3) What does the judicial branch do

4) Who is in charge of the executive branch

5) Who lived in America before the colonists arrived

6) Who vetoes laws

The person was very relaxed and friendly, and spent a lot of time talking about how he could repeat or rephrase the questions if necessary and how they do everything they can to help people because communicating/understanding is so hard with the plexiglass barrier and masks. He was only asked for his green card and interview letter.

He was told that he was recommended for approval. 

His status on uscis.gov now says this, which seems bad. Has anyone else seen this and then had oath movement quickly? I am worried.

September 16, 2020

You attended your interview

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will let you know if we need anything else from you as we continue to review your application.

Estimated wait time:

4 months

Edited by afoyoswa
accidentally submitted before I was done writing

Joy (& Aaron, who doesn't read/post here yet)

Dec. 27, 2010: First met each other in Entebbe, Uganda while I was visiting my friend/his cousin (12/27/10 - 1/10/11) (visited again Jul. 2-9, 2011 and Dec. 24, 2011 - Jan. 9, 2012; engaged 1/7/12)

K-1

Feb. 18, 2012: I-129F sent (delivered 2/21 per USPS & USCIS; NOA1 notice date 2/23/12; check cashed/email/text 2/24)

Aug. 9, 2012: NOA2!!! [NOA1 +168 days] (reached NVC 8/17, left NVC 8/20; @embassy 8/24; embassy confirmed receipt 9/5)

Oct. 24 - Nov. 8, 2012: I visited again (Nairobi: medical 10/31; interview 11/5 [NOA1 +256 days]; result--APPROVED!!!!!!!)

Nov. 15, 2012: Visa in hand (was ready for retrieval 11/12/12)

Nov. 20, 2012: POE, Boston!!! (legal marriage 12/12/12; family/friends wedding ceremony 1/12/13) (276 days)

AOS/EAD/AP

Feb. 4, 2013: AOS packet sent (delivered 2/6, NOA1 text/email & check cashed 2/11 midnight)

Feb. 11, 2013: NOA1 notice date for I-485, EAD, AP (I-485/EAD NOA1 hard copies & biometrics appt letter arrived 2/16, badly mangled AP NOA1 arrived 2/27; biometrics done 3/4/13)

Apr. 3, 2013: EAD & AP approved (received card 4/11)

Aug. 16, 2013: I-485 approved & green card production ordered!!!! (card arrived 8/26/13) (193 days)

ROC

2015 sometime? I've slept since then.

Naturalization

Dec. 20, 2019: N-400 submitted online (Boston, MA field office)

Jan. 9, 2020: Biometrics

Feb. 4, 2020: updated wait time = 4 months (estimated case completion June 2020)

Aug. 7, 2020: interview scheduled (!), but no idea when

Sept. 16, 2020: interview, Boston (approved)

Sept. 24, 2020: oath ceremony, Boston---DONE!!! (279 days from submission)

230Hm5.pngxrcBm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Also, I can't believe that the timeline graphic doesn't have a box for the oath ceremony! We are definitely not done in any real sense right now...

image.png.c6dbf69c36b0d600f6ac3f6c89f24f5d.png

Update: okay, this is weird. I searched the receipt number on the case status website (vs. logging in) and it says this. So I guess we're good?

Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXX. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by October 16, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Edited by millefleur
Redacted for personal information

Joy (& Aaron, who doesn't read/post here yet)

Dec. 27, 2010: First met each other in Entebbe, Uganda while I was visiting my friend/his cousin (12/27/10 - 1/10/11) (visited again Jul. 2-9, 2011 and Dec. 24, 2011 - Jan. 9, 2012; engaged 1/7/12)

K-1

Feb. 18, 2012: I-129F sent (delivered 2/21 per USPS & USCIS; NOA1 notice date 2/23/12; check cashed/email/text 2/24)

Aug. 9, 2012: NOA2!!! [NOA1 +168 days] (reached NVC 8/17, left NVC 8/20; @embassy 8/24; embassy confirmed receipt 9/5)

Oct. 24 - Nov. 8, 2012: I visited again (Nairobi: medical 10/31; interview 11/5 [NOA1 +256 days]; result--APPROVED!!!!!!!)

Nov. 15, 2012: Visa in hand (was ready for retrieval 11/12/12)

Nov. 20, 2012: POE, Boston!!! (legal marriage 12/12/12; family/friends wedding ceremony 1/12/13) (276 days)

AOS/EAD/AP

Feb. 4, 2013: AOS packet sent (delivered 2/6, NOA1 text/email & check cashed 2/11 midnight)

Feb. 11, 2013: NOA1 notice date for I-485, EAD, AP (I-485/EAD NOA1 hard copies & biometrics appt letter arrived 2/16, badly mangled AP NOA1 arrived 2/27; biometrics done 3/4/13)

Apr. 3, 2013: EAD & AP approved (received card 4/11)

Aug. 16, 2013: I-485 approved & green card production ordered!!!! (card arrived 8/26/13) (193 days)

ROC

2015 sometime? I've slept since then.

Naturalization

Dec. 20, 2019: N-400 submitted online (Boston, MA field office)

Jan. 9, 2020: Biometrics

Feb. 4, 2020: updated wait time = 4 months (estimated case completion June 2020)

Aug. 7, 2020: interview scheduled (!), but no idea when

Sept. 16, 2020: interview, Boston (approved)

Sept. 24, 2020: oath ceremony, Boston---DONE!!! (279 days from submission)

230Hm5.pngxrcBm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

**Removed personal information and cleaned up thread; please refrain from posting any personal information, including full case numbers**

VJ Moderation

Edited by millefleur

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

15 hours ago, afoyoswa said:

My husband had his interview this morning (also Boston) and it was very similar to the above, except the questions were
1) Why did the colonists come to America

2) Who is the father of our country

3) What does the judicial branch do

4) Who is in charge of the executive branch

5) Who lived in America before the colonists arrived

6) Who vetoes laws

The person was very relaxed and friendly, and spent a lot of time talking about how he could repeat or rephrase the questions if necessary and how they do everything they can to help people because communicating/understanding is so hard with the plexiglass barrier and masks. He was only asked for his green card and interview letter.

He was told that he was recommended for approval. 

His status on uscis.gov now says this, which seems bad. Has anyone else seen this and then had oath movement quickly? I am worried.

September 16, 2020

You attended your interview

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will let you know if we need anything else from you as we continue to review your application.

Estimated wait time:

4 months

Congratulations! I've noticed that too, don't worry at all. It'll change to an oath ceremony scheduling. Seems like they do have an interim quality review but your USCIS case status is sometimes more up to date!  I'm now waiting for the Oath letter to show up under the document tab in the online portal. 

16 hours ago, afoyoswa said:

Also, I can't believe that the timeline graphic doesn't have a box for the oath ceremony! We are definitely not done in any real sense right now...

image.png.c6dbf69c36b0d600f6ac3f6c89f24f5d.png

Update: okay, this is weird. I searched the receipt number on the case status website (vs. logging in) and it says this. So I guess we're good?

Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXX. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by October 16, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Woo-hoo yeah you can trust on this piece of info, it's more upto date cause I've had "You attended your interview" on my uscis for a day or so. You can also call and they'd be able to provide you with the date of the oath, but expect long waiting times. 😅 

Also, I agree I think time line should include oath ceremony dates too since it's not technically over until we complete that step! 

7 hours ago, Dazzelz said:

Congratulations! I've noticed that too, don't worry at all. It'll change to an oath ceremony scheduling. Seems like they do have an interim quality review but your USCIS case status is sometimes more up to date!  I'm now waiting for the Oath letter to show up under the document tab in the online portal. 

Hey Dazzelz, 

My interview was on same day as yours 9/15 . I was approved same day and same day status changed to we mailed your oath letter. Have you seen oath letter in documents tab yet? I haven't seen mine so thats why curious how long it usually takes to show up in document tab.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.