daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 10/5/2020 at 12:44 PM, LDN2NYC said:

Hi everyone,

Just found this thread, congratulations everyone who has been approved so far.

My filling date is 12/18/2019 - Brooklyn, NY, filled online. Haven't had an updates since biometrics in Feb.

I wonder if anyone has my filing date and filled from NYC?

I called USCIS today to see if they can give me an update on when I can expect an interview but of course they couldn't. They just said that an interview has been requested but no date given yet.

I am definitely ready to be done with dealing with visa's it's been along time since those NOA-1 days

Maureen 

Hi, can you please tell me which phone number you called USCIS? I called their +800 number which shown on their website but it didn’t help at all. It was the automatic line. I had my bio in Jan and no update since then. Very frustrated. Thanks

Please add my info! I got my interview date and it’s on Nov 12. Seattle/Tukwila office. 

Does anyone know if they’ll do same day oath? My interview is in the morning. 

N400

Spoiler

Dec 15, 2019 filed N400 online

[Day 0] : Dec 15, 2019 - Received Date

[Day 7] : Dec 21, 2019 - Biometrics scheduled for Jan 7th 2020

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Early walk in for biometrics

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Biometrics reviewed

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Case being actively reviewed

[Day 299] Oct 8, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 300] Oct 9, 2020 - Interview notice on documents tab. (Nov 12, 2020)

[Day 304] : Oct 13, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - Scheduled interview date; Showed up at the office and was told the interview schedule was a 'mistake'

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - USCIS status: Interview Cancelled

[Day 341] Nov 19, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 343] Nov 21, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - Interview dare, Oath ceremony

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - FINALLY A US CITIZEN!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

What have you all been asked for during your interview based on 3 years application apart from the items listed on the interview notice that you took with you? My interview is coming up and I want to plan accordingly, I usually take more than what's asked for but trying to avoid having to take everything from Initial Greencard/ROC app. I plan on taking updated bank statements, 3 years worth of tax transcript from IRS, photcopies of our ids from previous addresses we have lived together, previous copy of apartment lease, current house deed, current car/house insurance for this year, utilities for this year that have names on them.

Items on Interview Notice

-  Letter

-  Passport

- Green Card

- Spouse US Birth Certificate

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
20 hours ago, BPS288 said:

What have you all been asked for during your interview based on 3 years application apart from the items listed on the interview notice that you took with you? My interview is coming up and I want to plan accordingly, I usually take more than what's asked for but trying to avoid having to take everything from Initial Greencard/ROC app. I plan on taking updated bank statements, 3 years worth of tax transcript from IRS, photcopies of our ids from previous addresses we have lived together, previous copy of apartment lease, current house deed, current car/house insurance for this year, utilities for this year that have names on them.

Items on Interview Notice

-  Letter

-  Passport

- Green Card

- Spouse US Birth Certificate

I highly doubt you need to bring anything other than what is on the list. It does say that if you sent in copies of something you should bring your originals. I brought all of the items that were on the list and they only checked the letter, passport and green card. In my case they didn't even ask for my husband's birth certificate. You'll just answer the civics questions, read and write as well as confirm some things in your application. you already sent in the tax transcripts etc right? They already have it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Masidd00 said:

Finally got an interview scheduled in the Chicago office. Submitted app on dec 28th and got biometrics on 1/17. Still waiting for official interview date. 

congratulations! is it your reschedule or first time schedule?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 10/4/2020 at 8:29 PM, O&GForever said:

Hello all! I know I’ve been MIA. I needed a break from all things immigration after 6 years of dealing with it. Congratulations to all those who have finished over the last couple months. 

I am wondering for those who are done, have you dealt with updating Social Security after your ceremony. With the offices closed, how have you notified them about your status change? We called and they said we didn’t need to worry about it right away but if we wanted to we could send everything in through the mail. We worry about sending my husband naturalization certificate in the mail for fear it will not be returned. 

Hey, experience was great. I sent it in and after a week I got it back by post.good luck

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Ali al sammarraie said:

Hi, any Washington DC filers here? if so, has anyone interviewed yet? I am a January filer but want to get an idea of when I might expect to interview.

Thanks much!

I filed mine on Dec 1. Had my interview and oath yesterday at the Fairfax office. 

5 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

I filed mine on Dec 1. Had my interview and oath yesterday at the Fairfax office. 

Thanks so much, its good to know things are slowly moving. I was on the phone with an agent yesterday who left me depressed saying they are just processing April's N400 apps from 2019. I have an ill family member and cannot go to them while my case is open.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ali al sammarraie said:

Thanks so much, its good to know things are slowly moving. I was on the phone with an agent yesterday who left me depressed saying they are just processing April's N400 apps from 2019. I have an ill family member and cannot go to them while my case is open.

Is there a particular reason they won't let you travel to see them? 

5 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Is there a particular reason they won't let you travel to see them? 

No, but I would have to travel outside of the US and cannot risk getting stuck outside. My siblings, both naturalized citizens, were stuck for 3 months due to COVID and missed on work/school. So 1: I am most importantly afraid to miss my interview and after waiting for almost a year would not want to do that, and 2: they do inquire to be informed should I make any travels from the time I file the case to the Interview. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

No, but I would have to travel outside of the US and cannot risk getting stuck outside. My siblings, both naturalized citizens, were stuck for 3 months due to COVID and missed on work/school. So 1: I am most importantly afraid to miss my interview and after waiting for almost a year would not want to do that, and 2: they do inquire to be informed should I make any travels from the time I file the case to the Interview. 

Good point. Somehow I managed to forget Covid and all its fun travel restrictions for a moment. I hope you get your interview and oath ceremony soon so you can go visit them. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Unidentified said:

I highly doubt you need to bring anything other than what is on the list. It does say that if you sent in copies of something you should bring your originals. I brought all of the items that were on the list and they only checked the letter, passport and green card. In my case they didn't even ask for my husband's birth certificate. You'll just answer the civics questions, read and write as well as confirm some things in your application. you already sent in the tax transcripts etc right? They already have it. 

Yes everything I scanned online during application submission. They don’t have my 2019 taxes bc I filed dec 2019 which I have copy of along with tax transcript. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.