daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Case status changed today to “On June 24, 2020 request for additional evidence has been received.”

Also, estimated completion date came back as July 2020 (not that I hold any faith in that date, but it’s on there again) and at the bottom it says all evidence submitted. 

This evidence was submitted a month and a half ago, hopefully this means they’re getting closer to scheduling interviews again in NJ. 

4 hours ago, nagylyndsey said:

Case status changed today to “On June 24, 2020 request for additional evidence has been received.”

Also, estimated completion date came back as July 2020 (not that I hold any faith in that date, but it’s on there again) and at the bottom it says all evidence submitted. 

This evidence was submitted a month and a half ago, hopefully this means they’re getting closer to scheduling interviews again in NJ. 

Good news, at least you know your application is being touched by actual people there. I'd love to get any actaul notification from USCIS just to know my file is still alive and not lost. Following closely to see what happens with your case. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, fitness trainer said:

Good morning

Texas Filer here Nov 2019

N-400,

I was wanting to change my name as well but since it was going to take much longer, I just called them two weeks ago and now they schedule me for next week Tuesday 6/30/2020 for Oath Taking. Good luck to all

Wow that's great. I'm a Texas filer too, December 2019 and still waiting for interview. 751 was approved in October and that took a little over a year. 😔

@swissbuttercream Here are your answers.

1. How's the sequence. example: do they cover questions/updates to Removal of conditions first, and then do citizenship questions? Anything to specifically prepare for with combo interview?

I believe this depends on the officer. My husband came with me. The officer invited the both of us in together, did the Removal of Conditions first, then asked my husband to leave the room and did the Citizenship interview with me. The Removal of Conditions interview is based on the questions that you answer in the form. I don't remember being asked anything tricky. 

2. What sorts of questions did they ask about marriage / document they requested in regards to Removal of Conditions file.

Honestly I don't remember, but bring all the documents you attached to your case and the required ones and you should be fine.

My notice says to come alone, but I'll have my wife come with me and if they do not let her in, she can wait in car. But I feel since it's a combo interview, she should be allowed in with me.

The interview is in the second floor, and you need to go through security to enter the building. The security won't know how to answer anything, but do bring your wife inside with you and let the officer decide once they call you in the waiting room. Also, when you check in, mention you have a pending I-751, so the officer if prepared when they call you.

3. After Interview - did they update your case online immediately or after a few days/weeks?

It was updated immediately.

4. anything else specific to St. Louis Office you think I should know about?

The lady that interviewed us was super nice. Make sure to do your part and study for the citizenship test. 

Good luck!

5 hours ago, fitness trainer said:

Good morning

Texas Filer here Nov 2019

N-400,

I was wanting to change my name as well but since it was going to take much longer, I just called them two weeks ago and now they schedule me for next week Tuesday 6/30/2020 for Oath Taking. Good luck to all

So you called them and said you didn't want to change your name anymore?

I am done with USCIS! What an exciting day. I had my oath “ceremony” today. At 11:00 I was allowed to go inside. Since there where a couple people in front of me, it took me a few minutes to actually get in and thru security. 
Once I arrived in the ceremony room, I handed in my current and expired green card together with the filled out invitation. The officer asked me 3 questions (still married? Committed any crime? Still willing to take the oath?). After that she showed me the naturalizations certificate and asked me if that’s me. A second officer then walked me to the chair and handed me the certificate and an envelope with some info. 
There where already 5 other applicants in the room. While I was checking the certificate for errors, the last two applicants got processed and sat down. 
the officer then explained a few things about the documents, how to handle the certificate and that we need to go to the SSO to update our status. 
We then stood up and raised our right hand while the officer read the oath. We confirmed with “I do”. 
Congratulation you are a US citizen now. Please follow the yellow arrows and get out. 
I was back in my car at 11:13

57 minutes ago, BRgirlUS said:

So you called them and said you didn't want to change your name anymore?

Good afternoon

Yes Sir, i told them just the nearest Date of Oath taking and disregard the change of last name from my Original Finalize interview Day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My GC extension letter has just expired, with pending I751 and N400. I applied 12/21/18 and 12/21/19....i had biometrics back in Jan and nothing since. I am NYC filer! Anyone got any suggestions on how to get my GC extended again, since it seems applications are pending throughout.

2 hours ago, cookiemonsta said:

My GC extension letter has just expired, with pending I751 and N400. I applied 12/21/18 and 12/21/19....i had biometrics back in Jan and nothing since. I am NYC filer! Anyone got any suggestions on how to get my GC extended again, since it seems applications are pending throughout.

Have you tried calling USCIS about an update?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a stamp or any kind of green card extension only really needed if you are leaving the country? 🤷‍♀️

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am seriously about to cry right now. I don’t know why, but I refreshed the USCIS app tonight and our status changed to “Interview was Canceled.” 😢 There’s nothing in our documents tab and the status on my husband’s account doesn’t reflect this as of right now. If the account doesn’t change tomorrow, we’re going to call them to find out. I am so done with 2020. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, O&GForever said:

I am seriously about to cry right now. I don’t know why, but I refreshed the USCIS app tonight and our status changed to “Interview was Canceled.” 😢 There’s nothing in our documents tab and the status on my husband’s account doesn’t reflect this as of right now. If the account doesn’t change tomorrow, we’re going to call them to find out. I am so done with 2020. 

So sorry to hear about that.  I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the upcoming furloughs.  

53 minutes ago, O&GForever said:

I am seriously about to cry right now. I don’t know why, but I refreshed the USCIS app tonight and our status changed to “Interview was Canceled.” 😢

On the Facebook group for N400 filers there was a post about someone having that same thing happen to them (scheduled, then cancelled), they called USCIS and had no fruitful answers so they showed up anyways and the Field Office had NO info on any cancellation for them because they were expecting the person! Interview was done without issues.

My frustration is that they constantly screw with our heads.....descheduled because of Covid-19.....then rescheduled after Covid-19.....only to be canceled "as requested".....like WHAT???? :angry:

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

USCIS is will be laying off a fairly high number of its employees (not enough fees being collected due to lack of applicants).  I'm posting the article in its entirety because the article is behind a paywall.  Also, expect a 10% increase in fees.  I do not see anything positive about the layoffs.  I think we'll be waiting longer for interviews and oath ceremonies. Best to all of us...

U.S. Agency Prepares for Massive Staff Cuts in Blow to Legal Immigration System

By Reuters

• June 24, 2020
    •  
    • NEW YORK — The U.S. agency in charge of processing immigration applications said on Wednesday it was preparing to furlough nearly 70% of its workforce unless it received fresh funding, a move employees say could bring an already backlogged system to a virtual halt.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is dependent on fees from new immigration applications for its operations and is facing a historic budget shortfall.

Republican President Donald Trump has made cutting legal and illegal immigration a centerpiece of his 2020 re-election campaign. New regulations and a series of executive actions, along with travel restrictions put in place in response to the coronavirus pandemic, have dramatically reduced the number of immigrants coming to the United States. 

A USCIS spokesperson said in a statement that the agency has already seen a 50% drop in fees since March when most travel and immigration stopped as countries moved to control the spread of coronavirus. USCIS has asked for a $1.2 billion bailout from Congress to avoid the projected staff reductions.

"On or before July 2, approximately 13,400 USCIS employees will receive notice that if USCIS must proceed with an administrative furlough, they would be furloughed beginning August 3," the USCIS spokesperson's statement said. 

The furloughs, if implemented, "will for sure cause noticeable delays immediately," said one USCIS employee who asked not to be named because they were not authorized to speak on the record. "There are already so many backlogs to work through. It's insane to even contemplate how bad this is going to get." 

The staff of the Refugee, Asylum and International Operations division of USCIS was informed in an email seen by Reuters that notices were being sent on July 24 and 25 to approximately 1,500 employees of the 2,200 on staff in that unit. Those kept on would be a "skeleton crew" to "keep the lights on," the email said.

On Monday, Trump signed a presidential proclamation banning entry for several categories of temporary visa holders and extended a ban on some green card applicants, which the administration said would help open more jobs for unemployed Americans. Critics say the measures will hurt the economy. 

(Reporting by Mica Rosenberg and Mimi Dwyer in New York; editing by Ross Colvin and Tom Brown)

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/06/24/technology/24reuters-usa-immigration.html?searchResultPosition=1

19 hours ago, nagylyndsey said:

If you can, please share what type of additional information you were asked to submit.   Was it information that was required or was it just miscellaneous information?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sartre said:

If you can, please share what type of additional information you were asked to submit.   Was it information that was required or was it just miscellaneous information?

It specifically asked for all the documents uploaded online originally to be resubmitted in paper form and sent to the Mount Laurel office. It didn’t say why. It also asked for birth certificates of children, 2 affidavits from family saying we’ve been married for 3 years and in good faith. We don’t have children so we just wrote a short statement that we didn’t and both signed it.

They didn’t ask for, but I also included recent joint bank statement, our new lease, and our  NJ licenses (being we moved from out of state right after filing N400).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.