kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Troy B said:

The only originals your wife will need are the civil documents(marriage, birth certificate, divorce(if it applies), passport), though might need copies of other documents.

The default for NVC is electronic using the CEAC website.  Though there might still be some countries using paper, i don't recall seeing the country your spouse is in.

btw, it's helpful if you start and maintain a timeline here.

she's from India. 

I'm in the us and he's in India. 

I'm just asking because my uncle will be my affidavit of support. So he wants to get papers ready. 

So when we get to that stage, will the papers of affidavit of support submitted online or mailed in? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, iamexcited3021 said:

she's from India. 

I'm in the us and he's in India. 

I'm just asking because my uncle will be my affidavit of support. So he wants to get papers ready. 

So when we get to that stage, will the papers of affidavit of support submitted online or mailed in? 

NVC immigrant visa process seems to imply all is done online.  "IMPORTANT:Do not send any documents to NVC by mail. However,you must bring every civil document you uploaded and submitted with your application to your visa interview. "

1 hour ago, Troy B said:

NVC immigrant visa process seems to imply all is done online.  "IMPORTANT:Do not send any documents to NVC by mail. However,you must bring every civil document you uploaded and submitted with your application to your visa interview. "

thank you so so so much!

I'll be out the country in about 5 months, so I certainly hope all could be submitted online. 

I'll have my uncle start scanning his w2, tax returns and all that. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys, I am going to get i130 filled from my wife soon, I wanted to ask that what are we supposed to do with the boxes that are to stay empty? Should we write N/A in every other box which we aren't filling in? Like in the picture attached, my wife doesn't have no middle name, so should we write N/A overthere? & same with the Alien Registration Number?image.png.0baf927c483cca32b61cff7c842d38ae.png

4 hours ago, Ovais KHAN said:

And what about related by adoption? Should I leave it as it is or should I mark it NO?

If you're going to file the I-130 online, that question will not come up at all for a spouse petition.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi, I have a question. 

We are still in "actively reviewed" phase and have been in that since March 16th. As far as I know, our documents are still at the Nebraska Service Center. 

We are going to visit the US in 11 days from July 1st until September, to get vaccinated and finally introduce my family to our daughter who was born during the pandemic. 

My wife has legal entry on an ESTA, but I've heard that if USCIS calls us, we could get kicked back to the first phase. 

Can I set a phone number to a local number in the US? 

Is there any risks or issues with my wife going to the US on a tourist ESTA while having a pending I130A?

7 hours ago, TedBrosby said:

I've heard that if USCIS calls us, we could get kicked back to the first phase. 

Unless you logged a ticket with USCIS and asked for a callback, USCIS will not call you.  In any case, as long as your petition has not been approved yet, you are actually still in the first phase.

7 hours ago, TedBrosby said:

Is there any risks or issues with my wife going to the US on a tourist ESTA while having a pending I130A?

Just the usual risks when applying for US entry.  If asked at POE, be prepared to show CBP your wife's strong ties to her home country.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
6 hours ago, Nisha0414 said:

Hello, 

I have a question. When applying online for i-130, where do I have to upload the form i-130a? 

Also, Currently I'm living with my spouse in abroad. Does he have to sign the i-130a? 

TIA! 

We completed the form, my wife signed it, scanned it as a pdf and, there is a place to upload it during the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.