kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Nisha0414 said:

When applying online for i-130, where do I have to upload the form i-130a? 

Also, Currently I'm living with my spouse in abroad. Does he have to sign the i-130a?

Upload the I-130A file in the section for Additional Evidence.  If the spouse beneficiary is not in the US, no need for them to sign the I-130A.

8 hours ago, Nisha0414 said:

What is the question 9a and 9b asking?Screenshot_20210703_135308.jpg.e9932ccdea8a21f08f77781d73d4cf53.jpg

Hello. I am also online filing and that is the continuation of question 8a-f of your last physical address outside the US of more than one year. 9a and 9b is asking for the start date and end date of your physical address.

HTH (hope that helps)

:)

6 hours ago, Nisha0414 said:

Where can i find the updated version of i 130a? 

It's not available in the website. 

Screenshot_20210703_153510.jpg

The form is current. Proceed as normal is my understanding as it is the same form online even though that date is there the form has NOT expired.

5 minutes ago, Nisha0414 said:

Can you please clarify what it is asking in this section? 

Screenshot_20210704_002136.jpg

If for example your beneficiary's language is Chinese, that language doesn't use Roman characters like what we are using here on this forum. USCIS needs documents in their native language, if this is the case

HTH :)

14 hours ago, iamexcited3021 said:

Is there anything else I can do right now? or just wait?

1.  Learn more about the rest of the CR1/IR1 process, so you can better prepare for the next steps.

2.  Check that your wife has all the necessary civil documents and that the info is all correct.  In some countries, it could take months to correct mistakes in civil documents.

Hello! 
We already submitted our I-130 and now we want to additionally  upload our pictures and plane tickets. We didn’t read that forum before submission, we thought for some reason 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ that we need to bring pictures only to the interview stage… 

We submitted our marriage certificate (we got married month before submission) and documents show same address of residence( but we started officially live together right after marriage), also we submitted affidavits from our mothers.

Now we realised that we needed to submit pictures and tickets from traveling together.

My question is -will it be okay to additionally submit it now, or just wait until possible RFE and send it ? 

I read here that they might not look to additionally submitted documents. 
May be there is some people who experienced something like that?  Did somebody receive a RFE because there weren’t enough proof of relationships? 
Thank you in advance.

When I submitted everything online with my I-130 I inadvertently forgot to upload a pdf I had prepared with some really good pictures and allot of corroborating evidence that went with them.  I don't think my petition would have succeeded or failed based on that pdf alone but it was some of the best evidence I had, and I forget to upload it.  I didn't notice that until a month after I submitted the I-130 but I went ahead and belatedly uploaded it at that time.  Two weeks later my petition was approved.  I have no idea if the additional evidence was even looked at or if it had any part whatsoever in the incredibly fast approval.  But I can certainly say in my personal case it did not in any way slow anything down or have any adverse effect from the late submission.  Just my experience.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

10 hours ago, Chancy said:

1.  Learn more about the rest of the CR1/IR1 process, so you can better prepare for the next steps.

2.  Check that your wife has all the necessary civil documents and that the info is all correct.  In some countries, it could take months to correct mistakes in civil documents.

what are the examples of civil documents?

she's Indian. 

where can I see the examples of it?

8 hours ago, top_secret said:

When I submitted everything online with my I-130 I inadvertently forgot to upload a pdf I had prepared with some really good pictures and allot of corroborating evidence that went with them.  I don't think my petition would have succeeded or failed based on that pdf alone but it was some of the best evidence I had, and I forget to upload it.  I didn't notice that until a month after I submitted the I-130 but I went ahead and belatedly uploaded it at that time.  Two weeks later my petition was approved.  I have no idea if the additional evidence was even looked at or if it had any part whatsoever in the incredibly fast approval.  But I can certainly say in my personal case it did not in any way slow anything down or have any adverse effect from the late submission.  Just my experience.

which marriage certificate did you upload? was it a court one or what?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.