rAUSTINm

Visa DENIED within Seconds?????

28 posts in this topic

Timeline

One of my Brazilian friends went to Brasilia to get her visa. Spent hundreds on a plane ticket, a hotel, and nicer clothes. She was wracked with stress about the whole thing. Having heard all the horror stories.

She gets to the Consulate and the man asks literally 3 questions. Name, Destination, and Place of Employment. She answers, saying she works as a secretary and that she wants to go to Orlando.

That's all the guy wanted to hear and he gave her the rejection letter. This makes no sense to me.

What I have heard a lot is that the main reason that visa applicants get rejected is because "they say something suspicious". But she didn't have a chance to say anything suspicious because she didn't have a chance to say anything at all!

Unless there's something suspicious about being a secretary for a lawyer, or going to Orlando? Everybody knows that lots of Brazilians go to Orlando.

I know that the other reason applicants get rejected is that they "don't have strong enough ties to Brazil". But she didn't even get a chance to show how she's going to College in Brazil!!! How could she prove her ties are strong enough?

She has worked for this for at least (Edit: almost) a year, and to be pushed away within seconds...I just cannot fathom what could have gone so wrong. I want an explanation. Of course, myself not being an applicant, I cannot contact the NVC. So I came here.....

Edited by rAUSTINm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

3 or 4 questions is normal.

The information required is asked on the application form.

I have not heard that a rejection is normally due to saying something suspicious. I am sure it happens occasionally but normally?

I thought you said she is a Secretary not a Student?

How can you work on a tourist visa application for a year?

You may want to consider the K1 or the CR1, the CR1 is considered superior.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

3 or 4 questions is normal.

The information required is asked on the application form.

I have not heard that a rejection is normally due to saying something suspicious. I am sure it happens occasionally but normally?

I thought you said she is a Secretary not a Student?

How can you work on a tourist visa application for a year?

You may want to consider the K1 or the CR1, the CR1 is considered superior.

She is both a secretary and a student, secretary is her day job then she goes to night school

I said at least a year, I meant to say almost a year, that's including the work she had to go through to get her passport

Not sure why you're recommending those, she was not looking to get married, she was going as a tourist

Edited by rAUSTINm

Timeline
1 minute ago, aaron2020 said:

Are you guys in a relationship?

You could say we're interested but she had wanted to come to America anyway long before she met me

I have an idea what you are poking at but I see no way that the man could have deduced that within seconds of receiving her files and then shut her down specifically based on suspecting eloping

Perhaps that makes sense to you but not to me

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

We detected it within seconds.

I'm serious lol, we weren't going to elope.

But you can believe that if you want, my real question is how could the guy at the consulate possibly guess that. If you geniunely think that's why she was rejected.

Edited by rAUSTINm

Timeline

I am going to assume  did not know but may have suspected, single young female going to the US, but anyway she obviously did not have enough to satisfy the requirements for a B.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Young single Brazilian who probably doesn't make that much wants to visit the US a friend.  It's a familiar story.  

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline
Just now, Boiler said:

I am going to assume  did not know but may have suspected, single young female going to the US, but anyway she obviously did not have enough to satisfy the requirements for a B.

Ok then, as a distinguished supreme member of this board, I would like to respectfully ask, what else could be added to ensure her success?

(even though I know it's virtually impossible now that she has been denied once...)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Young single Brazilian who probably doesn't make that much wants to visit the US a friend.  It's a familiar story.  

You're right but, I'm about 95% sure that she didn't say to visit a friend. She told me she would say to visit disney. (Which is true, she was going there as well.)

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 minute ago, rAUSTINm said:

Ok then, as a distinguished supreme member of this board, I would like to respectfully ask, what else could be added to ensure her success?

(even though I know it's virtually impossible now that she has been denied once...)

Nothing.  There's no magic solution to ensure her success.  Her circumstances are her circumstances.

You can look on VJ for plenty of guys in situations similar to your who wants his foreign girl to come visit.  

Timeline
Just now, aaron2020 said:

Nothing.  There's no magic solution to ensure her success.  Her circumstances are her circumstances.

You can look on VJ for plenty of guys in situations similar to your who wants his foreign girl to come visit.  

Really? I thought that was only for immigration

Timeline

There is no way to ensure success. If there was a magical something I would sell it and be on the beach in Brazil instead of wondering when the early snow will melt.

I have noticed there seem to be many Brazilians who have access to a European Passport that allows them to use the VWP. I assume that is not the case here.

I like the distinguished addition, Mods please note.

Sounds like a normal experience, I was only asked a few questions at my B2 interview. All the information needed is on the application form.

How old is she? How much does she make salary wise per month in R$?

When I had a Brasileira girlfriend I went over there a few times and I remember her 2 sisters got denied for a B2 and they are pretty well off by Brazilian standards.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.