802 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
14 minutes ago, Trish and Oli said:

The good thing is that USCIS is still processing applications even through Covid-19. Hopefully by the time you have finished the NVC stage, countries will have opened up more and your interview will be scheduled.

Thanks 👍

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

48 minutes ago, Trish and Oli said:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2016/08/IV018a-IV-medical-letter-Aug-2016.pdf

Based on this document from 2016, you can set up your appointment as long as you have your case number. I hope that is still true today.

Thank your for that. It may be different for each country but anything that will expedite my case will help. Planning to call one of the authorized medical exam places to see if it can be done without interview notice.

Just now, Davron said:

Thank your for that. It may be different for each country but anything that will expedite my case will help. Planning to call one of the authorized medical exam places to see if it can be done without interview notice.

True. I am also going to call our place as well. Maybe with everything going on they will let us do it.

Hello guys, congratulations on all the approvals! I Honestly don’t know where things are right now. I am November filer. Last case update was April 2020, I am spouse of LPR and case was transferred to potomac. I have been looking at processing times and the dates keeps changing drastically for this center 

In April it said: 9 to 11 months 

In May it changed to: 1 to 7 months 

and now it changed again to: 35.5 to 45 months of processing time for I-130. Tbh it doesn’t make any sense to me, anyone know what’s going on with these dates, it’s making me desperate.. 

Edited by Frenchiegina

4 hours ago, Frenchiegina said:

Hello guys, congratulations on all the approvals! I Honestly don’t know where things are right now. I am November filer. Last case update was April 2020, I am spouse of LPR and case was transferred to potomac. I have been looking at processing times and the dates keeps changing drastically for this center 

In April it said: 9 to 11 months 

In May it changed to: 1 to 7 months 

and now it changed again to: 35.5 to 45 months of processing time for I-130. Tbh it doesn’t make any sense to me, anyone know what’s going on with these dates, it’s making me desperate.. 

I’ve checked a few service centers for Permanent Residents and it seems to be that way for a few of them. I swear the processing time changes week by week. Do LPR cases take longer than other cases on a regular basis? Some receipt dates go back to 2016. You should inquire about what exactly is going on. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
20 hours ago, Davron said:

Same here just got an email from NVC that they will be setting up an interview date with my hometown embassy. Question: Can you set up the medical exam not having the interview notice yet? I thought you had to wait until that notice to be able to go for medical exam.

You should get in touch with the US Embassy in your country. They'll let you know when you can do the medical exam. Don't take the medical exam until you've been told you can. 

In Chile they have a dedicated email for immigration visas and they told me that my wife should not to take the medical exam yet as it's only valid for a limited time... but that I should get in touch with them again on July 1st.

USCIS Stage:

• Nov 12 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • Dec 17 2019: I-129f Received
  • May 15 2020: I-130 Approved!

NVC Stage:

• May 16 2020: Case Created
  • May 16 2020: Fees Paid
  • May 22 2020: Sent IV & AOS Packages
  • May 29 2020: Request for more documents (proof of assets)
  • May 30 2020: Resubmitted NVC documents
  • June 15, 2020: DQ'd! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/20/2020 at 12:13 AM, India0310 said:

@Jay&Sid

heyy, congratulations on your approvals

your wife’s case and my case has same PD and transferred to vermont from texas

do you have any update about your case?

i made a query few days ago.

thanks

Thanks.

Yes. We share same PD and transferred date to VSC from TSC.

Our son's case was approved 48 days ago by VSC.

My daughter‘s case got RFE from CSC on May 13 and they asked for a lot documents.

On June 20, 2020, they have received our response to their RFE.

USCIS has begun working on her case again.

But there is no update on my spouse case.

His last date update was on May 13.

What about you? Any date update

7 hours ago, Jay&Sid said:

Thanks.

Yes. We share same PD and transferred date to VSC from TSC.

Our son's case was approved 48 days ago by VSC.

My daughter‘s case got RFE from CSC on May 13 and they asked for a lot documents.

On June 20, 2020, they have received our response to their RFE.

USCIS has begun working on her case again.

But there is no update on my spouse case.

His last date update was on May 13.

What about you? Any date update

Hey thanks for the respone

im unable to see any date changes as my attorney didn’t apply for the online access code thing🙄 but few days  ago i made a query regarding my case and the response i got from uscis was pretty wierd. It says:

‘Your petition is pending consideration. We regret that we are not able to give you a timeframe for when we will complete the review of your petition.
Your petition will not be ONPT for several months.’

do you have any idea about it?

Edited by India0310

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@India0310

Their response is very standard. You will be following VSC timelines because your case has been transferred to VSC.

You will not be eligible for outside normal processing time (ONPT) service request for several month because your receipt date is 7 Nov, 2019. As of today cases with receipt date before the July 08, 2018 can submit ONPT service request at VSC. The estimated time range for I-130 case is 18.5-24 Months for the U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21.

Still VSC has approved my son’s case in just 6 months. So far I have seen that in lot of cases transfer speed up processing time. You can observe trend of case processing times at VSC in Igor’s list of processing status under immigration timelines tab.  

Best of luck

3 hours ago, Jay&Sid said:

@India0310

Their response is very standard. You will be following VSC timelines because your case has been transferred to VSC.

You will not be eligible for outside normal processing time (ONPT) service request for several month because your receipt date is 7 Nov, 2019. As of today cases with receipt date before the July 08, 2018 can submit ONPT service request at VSC. The estimated time range for I-130 case is 18.5-24 Months for the U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21.

Still VSC has approved my son’s case in just 6 months. So far I have seen that in lot of cases transfer speed up processing time. You can observe trend of case processing times at VSC in Igor’s list of processing status under immigration timelines tab.  

Best of luck

Yeah I’ve seen the approvals for the transferred cases 

i hope ours also gets approved quickly 

thank you

good luck to you too :)

NVC Update!

Of course messages are not working on the ceac application website so I inquired about what the message said. This is what I received today. Please read the following:

Dear Sir/Madam:

NVC received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The application is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant's visa application. 

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as the cases become documentarily qualified. NVC schedules appointments one month in advance, but we cannot predict when an interview appointment will be available.

When an appointment is available, we will notify the applicant, petitioner, and attorney (if applicable).

The applicant should not make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the embassy has issued a visa.

So basically we already knew this. Once your documents have been accepted by NVC we just have to wait for the Embassies/Consulates to open us and resume scheduling interviews. Our interview is in London and according to Boris Johnson, he is relaxing the countries stay at home orders on July 4th. Hopefully interviews can resume at that time. Good luck to everyone!

1 hour ago, Trish and Oli said:

NVC Update!

Of course messages are not working on the ceac application website so I inquired about what the message said. This is what I received today. Please read the following:

Dear Sir/Madam:

NVC received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The application is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant's visa application. 

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as the cases become documentarily qualified. NVC schedules appointments one month in advance, but we cannot predict when an interview appointment will be available.

When an appointment is available, we will notify the applicant, petitioner, and attorney (if applicable).

The applicant should not make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the embassy has issued a visa.

So basically we already knew this. Once your documents have been accepted by NVC we just have to wait for the Embassies/Consulates to open us and resume scheduling interviews. Our interview is in London and according to Boris Johnson, he is relaxing the countries stay at home orders on July 4th. Hopefully interviews can resume at that time. Good luck to everyone!

Best wishes !!

The Igor's list shows how the approvals are happening for IR1/CR1  (petitioner = USC) vs F2A (petitioner = LPR). There we can see approvals of IR1/CR1 cases even of months Feb / Mar of 2020 and they are like above 50% so may not be all exceptions / expedited cases.

In contrast the LPR cases of I-130 approvals are dragging from May June 2019. Slowly moving forward. Possible that the approvals are not being reported by people. Still we know it is dragging.

Our I 130 is of Nov 2019 and I will become USC in 2 weeks. As per my knowledge, I need to inform USCIS to upgrade my husband's case so it can come to correct class.

Need help to know from experts - 

a) I am hopeful that this will certainly speed up the I-130 approval. How long should we wait before following up with USCIS? 2 weeks or more?

b) Apart from the request mail / call to upgrade the case, do we need to do anything else from our side?

If anyone has an upgrade experience recently, please share.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by DesiGirlChicago
spell check

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.